Loopeylou's EE Food Diary

Had a great first day back on track apart from an iffy dinner....trying to do a fishy week ( or mostly fishy week! ) but generally don't cook much fish at home.
I decided to be really brave and cook Sea Bass ( head and all!! )....I roasted some veg and them place the bass ( stuffed with lime and herbs ) onto veg and roasted....cooked perfectly but omg the bones etc was so off putting for both myself and hubbie.
Oh well we tried but will def stick to de-boned and skined etc in future lol

Menu for today:

Thur 19th August - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights HeB, Fat Free Onken Yogurt, Pineapple, Grapes, Raspberries and 250ml 1% Milk HeA1

Snack : Apple

Lunch: 1/3 Pasta Quiche ( 0.5 ), Green Beans, Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas and Seafood Sticks.
Pineapple, Grapes and Raspberries.

Dinner: Roasted Stuffed Sea Bass on Roasted Vegetables
Sea Bass, Herbs, Lime, Sweet Potato, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms and Courgettes.
Didn't eat half of the Sea Bass though!

Snack - Crack-o-Bites ( 5.5 )

Syns: 6

Hiya hun! Your menu sounds lovely hun. Although I'll agree with you, sea bass fillets are the way forward! :D Loooooove sea bass though, yum yum! xx

Yep...the sea bass was delicious when i'd spent what seemed like hours taking the bones out....some were like little shards and I hate finding them in my mouth!!! lol

Fish bones are evil!! Definitely puts me off finishing eating when I find a fish bone. When I used to eat meat it was the same when I found gristle, I couldn't finish the meal :jelous:

Cool of you to be so adventurous tho!! And glad you managed to enjoy it too :)

Snap! It totally ruins a meal for me if there's bones in it - it puts me off ordering fish in restaurants as you never know if it'll be a fillet or a whole fish.
Apparently in a supermarket with a fish counter you should be able to ask the staff to fillet it for you. A proper fishmonger would as well I'm sure but I don't think I have one local.

I have made a menu plan for a fishy week but am copping out for the moment! Maybe in a couple of weeks I might attempt it :)

Wow what a busy weekend, got so drunk on Friday night ( planned and 50 flexi syns given to me by my consultant )
Spent too much time yest recovering but wouldn't have changed a thing :)

Fri 20th August - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 28g Porriage Oats and 2 Scan Bran HeB, VLF Fromage Frais, 11g Options ( 2 ), Raspberries and 250ml 1% Milk HeA1

Snack : Apple

Lunch: Tuna, 1/2 Spicy CousCous ( 1 ), Large Salad and Pickled Onions

Dinner: Tesco Stewing Steak, Runner Beans, Carrots and Batchelors Savoury Rice

Night Out - 1 Glass Wine ( 6 )
1 WKD ( 13 )
10 Jack Daniels and Diet Coke ( 25 )

Syns: 47

Sun 22nd August - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 28g Porriage Oats and 2 Scan Bran HeB, VLF Fromage Frais, 11g Options ( 2 ), Raspberries and 250ml 1% Milk HeA1

Lunch: Pork Stir Fry
Pork, Onion, Carrots, Beansprouts and Peppers. 2 tbsp Chilli Sauce ( 3 )

Dinner: SW Chips, 1 tsp Olive Oil ( 2 ), Mushy Peas and 1 Egg

Syns: 7

Hope you enjoyed your night out!!
Glad to hear I'll have a partner in crime for fishy week! Back on track from tomorrow...I'm having tuna pasta bake for Monday's dinner , how about you? :)

Hope you enjoyed your night out!!
Glad to hear I'll have a partner in crime for fishy week! Back on track from tomorrow...I'm having tuna pasta bake for Monday's dinner , how about you? :)

Enjoyed very very much lol....well had Tuna and Egg salad for lunch and dinner is cooking at moment - Tiger Prawn, Spinach and Green Bean Curry ( smells and looking lovely :)
Will post after dinner if nice lol
xx

Mon 23rd August - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 28g Porriage Oats and 2 Scan Bran HeB, VLF Fromage Frais, 11g Options ( 2 ), Raspberries and 350ml Skimmed Milk HeA1

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Tuna and Egg Salad - Lettuce, Spring Onions, Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumber, Sugar Snap Peas and Pickled Onions.

Dinner: Prawn, Choritzo and Spinach Curry
Chorizto 25g ( 2.5 ), Onions, Tiger Prawns, Green Beans, New Potatoes, Spinach, Coriander, VLF Fromage Frais and Rice. Broccoli
SO SO YUMMY :)

Snack: Chuppa Chop ( 2.5 )

Syns: 7

Last edited:
Ohhh Claire the Curry sounds gorgeous (minus the chorizo obviously!), recipe pleeeeaaasseeee!!!

I love sugarsnap peas, I eat them raw out of the packet, yummmm!!

Back