Loopeylou's EE Food Diary

good on you Claire - i was in York last weekend!! (23/24 Oct) and loved it!! :) xxx

We arrived on 23rd!!....stayed just on outskirts in caravan park called Beechwood Grange, we went to Whitby ( mmmmm fish and chips :p ), The Deep in Hull for Matt's 14th birthday, Ghost Walk and lots of shopping in York itself.....love the place.
Did you see any of the Illuminations of York.....they had the Minster lit up with a light show which was amazing :D
x

My lovely hubby cooked tonight as he's home 2 hours before me, he's hoping to get his overtime back soon as he hates cooking and would far rather get home at 5.30 with me so he doesn't get lumbered lol!
He did a good meal, I get the same 5 meals rotated but I'm not going to complain thats for sure......he does cook SW friendly too which is fab :D
Had another great day at work, the hours are flying past and don't get time for much in the evening but by time i've had dinner I don't snack as I don't need to so getting back on track these last 2 days has been a breeze....long may it continue I say :)

Wed 3rd Nov - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 28g Oats and 1 scan bran HeB and 250ml semi skimmed milk HeA1, fat free fromage frais and 11g options 2

Lunch: Prawn, choritzo and spinach curry - leftovers from yesterday 5 with rice.
Pear.

Snack : Red and green grapes. Boiled egg

Dinner: Rump steak, actify chips, 1 tsp olive oil 2, mushrooms and asparagus

Syns: 9

Looking good loops!

It tickled me seeing a boiled egg as a snack. I don't think I could sit an eat a random egg on it's own, it would feel strange :p Unless it was in the form of an ommelette ;)

xx

I cooked them up yesterday as my problem time is getting in from work and before dinner but have found just a single egg is enough to tide me over.......the middle was still slightly runny just how I love it thanks to my egg timer :D

So so busy the last few days but don't mind. Job's still going really well, had an email from my director ( works out of office 4 days a week ) to say congrats on my first week and I have picked the job up really well :D
This morning I set alarm for 8.15.....determined for a 2 hour lie in but nope, awake 6 and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up, sorted washing, wiped kitchen surfaces and made a coffee!!! but at least I've got some time to catch up here :rolleyes:

Thurs 4th Nov - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 28g Oats and 1 scan bran HeB and 250ml semi skimmed milk HeA1, fat free fromage frais and 11g options 2

Lunch: Prawn, choritzo and spinach curry - leftovers from yesterday 5 with rice.
Shape zero and a pear.

Snack : Red and green grapes.

Dinner: Jamie Oliver fish pie, carrots, spinach, 30g LF Cheese 4, smoked haddock, salmon, cod and mashed potato served with carrots, cauliflower and green beans.

Syns: 11

Fri 5th Nov - Extra Easy

Lunch: Lentil, bean and vegetable chilli, 2 boiled eggs.
Shape zero and a pear.

Snack : Apple and 100ml Semi skimmed milk 2.5.

Dinner: 4 Tesco HL sausages 2, bacon, 2 eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2 tbsp HP 2

Syns: 8.5

Hey Claire, sounds like you've had a fab first week in your new job - and you've clearly made a really good impression already, you must be so pleased.
Mmm that curry sounds delish I may have to pinch

Hey Claire, sounds like you've had a fab first week in your new job - and you've clearly made a really good impression already, you must be so pleased.
Mmm that curry sounds delish I may have to pinch

:D the curry is amazing, choritzo is well worth the points as it is mouth wateringly gorgeous :p the receipe is on the receipe thread :)
Hope you have a great weekend
xx

I know - I love chorizo and I think it's quite a bargain syn-wise as you don't need much of it.
You too hun xx

We arrived on 23rd!!....stayed just on outskirts in caravan park called Beechwood Grange, we went to Whitby ( mmmmm fish and chips :p ), The Deep in Hull for Matt's 14th birthday, Ghost Walk and lots of shopping in York itself.....love the place.
Did you see any of the Illuminations of York.....they had the Minster lit up with a light show which was amazing :D
x

Ooh Whitby, my hub ordered some kippers online from Whitby the other day!! As you do.....lolX

Your dinners sound yummy, especially the curry, going to have to try that! :)

Sat 6th Nov

B: 28g oat and scan bran, 350ml skimmed milk A and B.
Fat free fromage frais and 11g options 2 syn

L: Syn free chilli with veggies. Monster munch 5.5 Syn

S: Apple and 200ml skimmed milk 5 Syn

D: Actifry chips, 1 tsp olive oil 2 Syn, 1 tesco hl sausage 0.5 Syn, mushy peas and parsnip.
Shape zero

Total syns : 15

Not much superfree today but doesn't happen often and stayed within syns so chuffed :)

Sat 6th Nov

B: 28g oat and scan bran, 350ml skimmed milk A and B.
Fat free fromage frais and 11g options 2 syn

L: Syn free chilli with veggies. Monster munch 5.5 Syn

S: Apple and 200ml skimmed milk 5 Syn

D: Actifry chips, 1 tsp olive oil 2 Syn, 1 tesco hl sausage 0.5 Syn, mushy peas and parsnip.
Shape zero
Not much superfree today but doesn't happen often and stayed within syns so chuffed :)

Claire, how do you rate your Actifry? Would you recommend them? dh and I were thinking of giving one to each other as our Chrimbo pressie (only one, not one each lol!!) X

Claire, how do you rate your Actifry? Would you recommend them? dh and I were thinking of giving one to each other as our Chrimbo pressie (only one, not one each lol!!) X

Lol....one for each other would be soooooo funny!!!

I absolutely love ours as does my hubbie who doesn't like cooking. I do chips, roasted veggies, sausages, bacon ( goes really crispy! ), parsnips crisps, roast potatoes, SW scotch eggs......I could go on and on honestly but yes def worth it.
We brought ours from Costco for about £115 so much cheaper :D
Its one of those items that once you've got one you can't imagine being without it. I would say we use ours about 2-3 times per week.
xx

I have one too and love it! As Lou says once you have it you will wonder how you lived without it, and you don't have to use oil - you can do it with Frylight.

I love my chips and especially sprinkled with cajun or BBQ spices when cooking.

Plus its really SW friendly - we use ours about 2-3 times a week too:D

I have one too and love it! As Lou says once you have it you will wonder how you lived without it, and you don't have to use oil - you can do it with Frylight.

I love my chips and especially sprinkled with cajun or BBQ spices when cooking.

Plus its really SW friendly - we use ours about 2-3 times a week too:D

I can also highly recommend the Nando's chip seasoning :p

Wow, you've basically just sold it to me!!! Thanks for the tips! I think I've just got Christmas wrapped!! Well for Dai and myself anyway!! Can't wait to try it! Looks like you got a great deal at Costco! The cheapest I've seen it is online for £125.98 (free delivery!)- I think I'll go for this because our nearest Costco is in Cardiff, 60 miles away from us (sooo unfair!!!) so I'd easily spend the difference and more in fuel getting there and back!!X

Last edited:
Back