Loose Skin after Weight Loss?

Ohhhh cheers for the info what's the cream called gonna go and have a look on avon! mwah Maz xx : )

It was Skin So Soft and was called something like bust firming cream! Haha. I've just tried to look for it and I can't seem to find it, maybe it was too dangerous!!!

Re gen oil is pretty much the same (from what I've read/heard and there are some great reviews online) and you can get it for a fraction of the price! I love it x

Madmazy said:
Ohhhh cheers for the info what's the cream called gonna go and have a look on avon! mwah Maz xx : )

There is one called 'liquid bra gel' it's half price ATM (£5) and although I don't use it for what it's meant for (I discovered it by a sample) it's great for arms x

im 55 and expect to have loose skin - being over weight for 15 - 20 years - lack of elasticity in the skin because of my age and 2 babies which I never lost the weight after having them !

I have so far lost 2 stones and need to lose another stone - I think when I lose the next stone the loose skin will be more noticable - HOWEVER, I can wear blouses with sleeves in and tuck whatever into my jeans etc !

I do though understand for you younger girls this might be a problem - one of my customers lost a lot of weight after coming off a certain medication and the doctor offered her a tummy tuck - she looks great now - her tummy before was quite bad.

At the end of the day you will be very much healthier being slim that you will be overweight though.

good luck to you all.

I have lost almost 5 stone so far and the only loose skin o have got is my bingo wings and just under my armpits!! (I say it looks like foreskin!! lol I know prob too much info) but coz of where it is it's pretty easy to hide :0) but any tips for toning this area would be much appreciated xx
Simple cardio, light weights etc. will help there - probably one of the least problematic areas ;)

I have not lost alot of weight but I do have some loose skin around my breasts as they have gone down in size incredibly. As a teen I went from being totally flat chested to massive boobs literally overnight lol!
So I do have some stretch marks on them from them growing quickly.

Now I have lost the weight they are a little more noticeable.
I find Cocoa Butter cream really helps though and I have been using this for years. Also exercise has helped tone me up too.
I am not at all conscious of them though, a good push up bra hides the marks & loose skin well if I wear a lowish cut top.
xxx

Madmazy said:
Hey again Anna I bet your bright post cheers everyone up!! it's so colourful and funky!! What do you do to tone if you don't mind me asking!! Sounds silly but do you just mosturise with body lotion or cream? I'm really not clued up on beauty stuff ha ha!!I always try to put cream on but I just forget!!

Mwah Maz Xx : )

Hey! Sorry I didn't reply sooner Hun, on just saw this post!
I do the davina fit workout the arm and leg ones, the arm workout uses weights they are both really good. I have also been using kinect for the xbox and on yourshape there's a womens health arm toning one with weights which is only 10mins long. :)
I am a beauty addict! If I had enough spare time I'd be a freelance makeup artist lol!
I love palmers coca butter they do a firming one which is good! And smells lovely :) but otherwise I use any moisturiser and just massage it really really well, at the moment I'm using a Victoria beckham one lol.
Hope this helped! Xx

Madmazy said:

Avon do a really good cellulite cream it's in a purple bottle and I use that on my thighs :) it's called body cellu-sculpt :) xx

It was Skin So Soft and was called something like bust firming cream! Haha. I've just tried to look for it and I can't seem to find it, maybe it was too dangerous!!!

ha ha maybe people were getting their eyes knocked out by the firmness!! how funny!!! Xx

I reall worry about this, I'm only half way through and have quite alot of loose skin already. Dreading to think whatt it will be like in another 3 stone :( I think because I was overweight from a very young age (5/6) my skin has always been stretched and so has lostt it's elasticity.

I'm working on excercises and toning at the moment but will defo consider surgey if I'm really unhappy once at my target.

I have joined SW recently. It is my 4th wi this week. I am worried about this a fair bit. I am hoping with slow steady weight loss and exercise, i will limit excess skin. I just watched that embarrassing fat bodies on channel 4 and it made me question my weight losing for about an hour. I thought id rather stay a size 20 than sag. I managed to sorter pull my mindset out of that hole but i still feel worried. I pray it wont be as bad as i think. Plus most of them lost weight via gastric bands and rabid weight lose so didnt give their skin time to adjust to its new shape. Wish me luck and luck to you all xxxxxx

I have joined SW recently. It is my 4th wi this week. I am worried about this a fair bit. I am hoping with slow steady weight loss and exercise, i will limit excess skin. I just watched that embarrassing fat bodies on channel 4 and it made me question my weight losing for about an hour. I thought id rather stay a size 20 than sag. I managed to sorter pull my mindset out of that hole but i still feel worried. I pray it wont be as bad as i think. Plus most of them lost weight via gastric bands and rabid weight lose so didnt give their skin time to adjust to its new shape. Wish me luck and luck to you all xxxxxx

I felt the same way after watching that, all those people who have lost amazing amounts of weight going on to say they felt better about themselves when they were overweight because the loose skin is so bad :sigh: makes you start questioning whether it is worth it :cry:
I am going to try to resist watching it again because although it was interesting it really wasn't good for me!

When I started sw first time round (2009?) I was a few weeks in and at nearly 2st loss when a friend said someone on her group showed her 'apron'. I had no idea what she was on about so she explained. I felt exactly the same way, was I going to look worse after than before? I hadn't even entertained the thought I might have loose skin! I was so traumatised I had to leave work early to go home and cry!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

The idea of loose skin terrifies me as well. I can't imagine it but know that I will have some if not a lot. Will get down the gym over the summer holidays and get swimming and see if that helps. But I think my arms may be past it. At least though I will be healthier!!

So many of the people on tv with loose skin do still appear to have a lot of fat under the skin as well (even if they are thin) you don't see much muscle.

Will let people know how I get on as I have loads to lose :(

I lost 4 stone in 4 months a couple of years ago with WW, no skin sagging but I do have an overhang. I was in my mid 30s, halfway to target then I fell pregnant.

Now I am doing SW, 9 stone to loose this time. Good skin runs in the family so fingers crossed.

I am trying to increase my water intake but I do struggle. I am also exercising 3 times a week so that should help too.

I'm 5st 4lb down and have noticed loose skin
Tummy, tops of legs, next to ear lobes!, chin, bingo wings.

Could be because of the amount I've lost, have done it over time and not quickly, but I have exercised or it could be because of my age as well!

Back