Loose Skin after Weight Loss?

this is my biggest concern, as I think I would prefer to be big then have loose skin. But we will see how I get on 1st 4lb down in 7 weeks, so been quite steady, hopefully Ill stay steady and I am exercising lots, need to start creaming and drinking water though, as Im not a girlie girl and I love diet coke :S Fingers crossed we can all get by and not have loose skin, lotsa love ladies and gents x

Hiya

I've lost 8.5 stone through SW and have a lot of loose skin. It's not fat...I am at target now and I exercise loads so the muscle underneath is very toned. At the end of the day, whether people suffer loose skin or not is down to how elastic your skin is, which is partly genetics and partly luck as far as I can see. I have an overhang too due to having my son via c-section ten years ago. However, I have been extremely lucky and have been granted funding for a tummy tuck on the NHS. Each primary care trust has different criteria for funding but it is possible in certain circumstances.

Ok loose skin is not that attractive, but ultimately the health benefits of losing the weight far outweigh the loose skin problems. I feel fitter and younger than I have during my entire adult life and won't give this up for anything now.

Debs xxx

Back