Loose Skin Fear..

I'm a bit worried too as having 5 babies in 7 years, 3 of them c'sections has done something to my body lol! I know I'll never have a bikini body I just want to feel comfortable in nice clothes :) I have researched and read that excercising and toning will help, I have a few friends that do pilates to done.. I tried Callanetics which is good for toning :)

Hi everyone,thought I'd write I thread about loose skin, As I've heard a few horror storys about people loosing weight and being left with a lot of loose skin, I've got about 6stone+ to loose and so worried cos I'm only 19 I have stretch marks everywere,varicose veins all over my legs,my bodys already ruined,just hope I won't be left with drooping skin:( can I hear some storys to put my mind to ease, is there anything I can do to assure i won't be left with loose skin?

A lot of it is just pot luck. I've lost 8 1/2 stone and my skin isnt too lose. If I go on all fours my belly hangs lose, but standing up it is fine.. I have lots of stretch marks also from my time with the extra weight..

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good body lotion? I know bio oil is supposed to be good for stretch marks, but what about loose skin?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use nivea q10 skin firming lotion and a lot of people seem to use the palmers skin firming lotion too. Theyre both fairly cheap at least so if you see no improvement you havent wasted a lot of money.

Thanks everyone,I don't care how I look when I'm finished my journey now aslong as I can play/chase after my little one and not be tierd lol, I would love another child when I've lost weight, but I couldn't care less about stretchmarks anymore,there "love lines" from my son lol, got them in my legs,got terrible varicous veins all over my legs, swollen knees:( got stretch marks on my feet!! Got them on everypart of my body exept my face, a bit tmi,but remember geting a internal when pregnant and midwife said "u poor love u realy do have stretch marks everywere":( I'm happy as long as the weigh comes off,ill have to deal with any issues that follow,e.G loose skin:/ x

Not to shatter anyones illusions here but if you have a lot of weight to lose then you are more than likely to have loose skin. You might be one of the lucky few that this wont happen to but its such a small percentage that dont get it.

Ive lost 15st total and exercised all the way along. the only part of my body that looks ok is my arms and even they are now showing signs of loose skin as i turn the last bit of fat to muscle. My stomach and moobs look awful and my legs do to.

Its probably something im going to have to live with for the rest of my life but i will tell you this, its a lot better then being over weight. Theres so much more i can do now that i couldnt before i lost weight, the pro's defo out weigh the con's

I will be going to my doctors soon to see if i would be able to have surgery on the NHS but i wont hold my breathe and if not i will either save up and pay private or get a loan and have it done.

The problem i have is that i would say i have virtually no fat on body anymore, through the training that i do my body has changed so much since the start of the year and ive stopped the same weight. All that is left is a sack of loose skin on my stomach and moobs and to be honest this does hinder my training and stops me from doing certain exercises how i want to. What i have to do is wear alot of compression clothing to train in now to stop any chafing and try to hold everything in.

Yes in my pics i probably dont look like ive got loose skin but it is there, its just well hidden.

I've lost 3.5stone in 5months and have another 4.5 to go. My stomach is a little loose and my boobs are awful :-( when I lie on my back and pinch the skin on my boobs it pockets up and doesn't flatten properly and looks wrinkly. I would still rather look attractive and slim in clothes and a bit grim naked than disgusting all the time which is how I felt at my biggest.

Back