loose skin

helpmeplease

Hi,

Back for more advise, I have noticed form your tickers that some of you have lost massive amounts of weight.

Have any of you had problems with loose skin following your weight loss?.

This is the only thing that is a worry for me on LL, Today is my three week anaversary.

week1 -13lbs
week2 - 5lbs
week3 - 6lbs

Whlst this is brilliant I am concerned that it could be a little fast (but still not fast enough I know lol).

hi helpmeplease,

unfortunately because of the rapid weight loss it will happen, however there are things to help you ie.,
exercise!!!!!, and bio oil to massage into your skin, once eating your skin will 'fluff' out again to a certain extent, but if you have a large amount to lose like for instance mike (icemoose) did, he actually had cosmetic surgery.

sorry I cant be of more help,

good luck

sun xxxx

Hi helpmeplease,

I've lost 7 stone now and don't really have any loose skin - maybe a little bit of 'crepe paper skin' on my tummy but better than being 9 stone overweight. I started exercising about 10 weeks in - cardio but also toning work. If you don't feel up to throwing yourself round in a cardio class things like pilates are really good for toning as is BioOil - I find mine goes further if i mix a few drops into my normal moisturiser though I only use it once a week.

I think loose skin is ones of those things that really affects some people and not others but you can help a bit with some exercise and massaging the biooil in. Congrats on those weighlosses too! Plus the skin will retract to some extent over time, though for some people not enough to feel comfortable with.

Hope you carry on doing so well! Kx

Hi! If you look at my ticker you will see I have lost a fair bit now. I am suffering from loose skin, sadly all over, but it can be hidden by clothes very well!

My belly is very wrinkly (think Sharpei and yo're about there!), and now my bum & thighs are going that way too! My upper arms are my worst nightmare, as they were HUGE, so now are just flappy bits of skin hanging in the breeze! I doubt sleeveless tops will ever be an option for me.

Having said all this, there is no way I would rather be a fat as I was. I can consider a TT or whatever, but I will never ever consider weighing 20 stone again. Its just not an option.

Keep up with the toning & moisturizing or whatever gets you through, its so worth it!!

Good luck!

Back