loose skin

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
I was wondering if it ever goes back? I fear that my skin will just hang off my belly and arms one I loose what I need to. Anyone had this issue or has found a way to keep it from happening? I obviously drink 4l of liquids and try going to the gym at least 3 times a week doing weight lifting and cardio. Any thoughts?

It seems a great deal depends on your age, how much weight you have lost, how long you have been overweight and skin type; just like pregnancy some people spring back effortlessly - others don't.
The younger you are the more likely you are to get away with little or no loose skin. Exercise helps with toning up and of course water helps everything else.

GSQ

Well I'm 24, and been over weight since I can remember. At 16 I weighted around 280lbs. When I started I was around 310lbs and am now hovering over 260lbs. I had my son 2 years ago my skin didn't stretch that much as it much as it got rid of the B shape. My skin is pretty normal so I don't really use lotions and stuff. I am hoping it may spring back. I really don't want to have cosmetic surgery.

I think everyone has that worry of loose skin when they lose a lot of weight. Everyone is different, I've been doing various diets for the past 15 months (the last 3 being on exante) I have lost just over 6 stone in that time and my skin is not perfect but a lot less wobbly now im slimmer, I've got the wobbly tum and no matter what exercise I do it just wobbles the same but I have grown to accept it and prefer it to the bulge their previously. I wouldn't worry just yet about what you will look like just concentrate on the diet for now and cross that bridge when it comes to it. hope this helps.......

The way I see it is everyone can see I'm fat. Once I lose the weight e en with loose skin everyone will see how well I look and I'll feel better

There's only one person who'd see my loose skin and the fact hes not put off by my lumps bumps and everything else then I don't think he'll be put off by that either :)

ive lost 5 stone and need to lose 3 stone more, my lose skin is really bad especially around my belly....it doesn't spring back i was told it would by numerous people but it's rubbish. i'm talking to my gp about a tummy tuck when i reach goal and stay there for a yr or so. the skin may not bother some people but for me it does. if i was you i would start on at your gp now and press the issue every visit.

Well I know for a fact that my skin will be loose cos it already is & I still have 3 stone to go!!. Not sure what to do about it but I will still feel better when I weigh less & know that I will look better with my new clothes on lol.

Back