Epic Journey

MissMuNkY

Silver Member
Hey All!

I thought I'd start a diary as I know it can really help. I have previously done slimming world but find that as there is far too much choice that I can't be trusted!

I am starting next Sunday as I have a conference for two days with work and I'm away, so gonna get that out of the way then I know I have nothing planned for 5-6 weeks to give me the best possible chance for success.

I have lost 1 stone so far, just being slighly sensible and following slimming world where I can. I have no idea how much I want to lose in the end but I know that it will be alot maybe around 6 stone. Once I drop a few stone then I guess I'll have a better idea what I am aiming for.

I need to shift this weight now, I put it on when I first attempted to stop smoking 4 years ago (I've been stopped for 3).

I am super determined and can't wait to share my experience with you all. I'll be ordering my first weeks pack on Wednesday, I'm not really fussy so I'm hoping that means I will enjoy most of the items :)

yay! i honestly cant wait - i hope you find it as easy as i have so far this time - the first 2 days for me were shi!t but after that its been pretty much fine! you know how much i love my food, and how im quite obsessed with eating but im honestly not bothered about food 95% of the time - it rocks balls!

xcx

Good luck for ur start next week and well done on ur loss so far x

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to get going :)

So I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDiMVMWm4CY&feature=youtube_gdata_player (divster posted on another thread) and I like it, I had another big chat about the.weight with the OH and I said about weighing 4 weekly. I think it's a fab idea.

So you weigh day 1 to get your start weight, then 1 week later after being 100% to ensure it's working for you. Then you weigh at week 4, 8 and 12.

I will have a big night out around the 28th of August that I won't be missing so unfortunately won't be able to do 12 weeks with no gaps at all but when I come off plan I will go straight back on. there may be 1 or 2 other nights but they will be spread out with a good few weeks inbetween so I'm pretty pleased with that. I usually don't miss out on any nights with the girls bit this year I'm only doing special occasions, so really I've given myself the best chance.

5 days until my start date!!

i dont have the patience for 4 week weighing - but it seems to work for those who do! a girl i know from on here has lost 6 stone pretty quick and shes had nights off etc xxx

Amazing, I'm sure it will be hard to stay off them but I'm gonna try not to or at least if I do to remember its about the bigger picture. I will probbly need to get Marc to hide the scales as I can hop on them 2-3 times a day lol

I have been making plans for my 2 weeks off work so I should also be pretty busy. Got a few games to.complete on the xbox and some decorating to do. Plus a few days out with Kayla. It's also mine and Marcs anniversary 1 week on Monday and he has agreed to food outwith the plan to be involved, bless him. So have a nice time planned without evil food and booze lol

I am a daily weigh *doh* but I can see the concept working

Good luck x

Yep I'm a mega daily weigher, so it will be really hard!

Edit: Well I have also just ordered a shaker with a ball, as I noticed loads of people recommended one with a ball. Was £3.99 with free.delivery :)

Last edited:
Hey Lorna! Here to follow. Thanks for your super lovely comment on my diary. Lots of hugs, Sia xxxx

Your welcome, thanks for following always nice to have loads of support :) x

Hi there thanks for the support in my dairy :) I did SW as well before but like you say too much food and can't be trusted lol. S&S has been a revelation for me! Defo good idea getting the shaker with the ball I love mine couldn't be doing with all this whisking, blending etc.

Good luck!

Totally, anything to make life easier even if it's just a little metal whisking ball. Thanks for popping by.

I weghed myself this morning and I weighed in at 16st 6.5lbs which is pretty good consideing my last weigh in for SW was 7 weeks ago now (I think) and I weighed 16st 6lb, so far that is only a 1/2lb gain, I was talking with OH again last night and I said to him I think my attitude towards food has changed from 6-9months ago... I definately do not binge eat like I used to and I allow myself to be hungry every so often. So I think the fact that I have been watching my weight on and off for the last 2 years has really made me change somethings without realising it. I still definately have a problem with food, but I was pleasently surprised to find that I have already picked up some good habits. Especially when out shopping and towards my snacking.

I really cannot wait to start S&S on Sunday, I really want to start today but there is no point doing it for a day to then come off for this conference, if I knew the people it would be okay but for the sake of a few days and my dignity I'll wait for Sunday.

My packs are here, got a wee red note from the postman. Gonna drive up and pick it up in around an hour :)

woooo! you sound like me before i started this time - i really couldnt wait! we can be a sns dream team!!! xxx

clairem87 said:
woooo! you sound like me before i started this time - i really couldnt wait! we can be a sns dream team!!! xxx

Ohhh I love the name! Got a good ring to it. Good luck girlies xxxx

MissMuNkY said:
My packs are here, got a wee red note from the postman. Gonna drive up and pick it up in around an hour :)

When I got my packs it was like opening a Xmas gift! Xxxxx

Sns dream team, brilliant.

Well I opened my box and I tried the chocolate truffa bar, OMG it was actually really chocolatey for a meal replacement bar. There was a point I was saying to myself maybe too chocolatey lol

I'm not a huge sweet tooth person but I did enjoy the bar although I don't think I could eat it all in one go, I'm sure that will change by Sunday when I'm starving lol

the lemon white choc are my fave, but the choc truffas are amaaaazing too!

Tried the cafe latte shake too, I really liked it but will add more water next time as it was very think. Put some ice in it to make it like an iced cappucino type thing.

So I looked at the bar and went OMG this is to replace a meal, and I done the same with the shake. It's so hard for my brain to process that fact, however it hasn't put me off and I'm still looking forward to it. I won't be trying anymore of the things until Sunday and I will let you all know what I'm liking and what I'm not. I think I ordered 1 of everything except the chille and spaghetti as I wouldnt normally eat them but going to order them with my next pack to try anyway.

Back