Lose weight to gain a bikini bod! (May 2014)

Hey hun, sorry to hear about your gain :( I really wouldn't worry though, our weight can fluctuate so much even just overnight which is why it's best to weigh yourself the same time and day every week. (Mind you I'm terrible for sneaky weigh ins too!).

Happy anniversary :) we hardly ever do anything for ours although this year we're getting married on ours, lol. It'll be our 13th anniversary (I'm trying not to be superstitious about that lol), 5th June! We wanted to get married in the summer months anyway and I couldn't be doing with having 2 anniversaries (he's bad enough at remembering just one, haha) so thought why not!

Keep at it with the weight loss. It's so disheartening sometimes isn't it. Just try to stay as motivated as you can, it'll come off eventually xx

Thank you Hun. I know, it just really bugs me but I can't help myself but to weigh every morning lol. It's like an addiction! I hope it does come off cos I really wanna have the confidence to walk around in my bikini on holiday, rather than sun bathe in it then cover up again when I stand or sit up!

Aw that's really nice! Is that why your doing SW? I really want to get married. I've got no chance though lol xxx

Evening

So today was terrible!!! Not only have I had a HUUUUGE chocolate craving but I got to work and one of the cleaners had phoned in sick, I was meant to be caring but got told I had to clean instead! It put me in a foul mood as it means I haven't got my contracted hours caring this week and I'm going to be losing another hour! I lost one last week too. this is the fourth time they have done this to me now and it's not fair!
I went to tescos to get some more mini milks and they didn't have any. Grrr it just hasn't been my day at all!
Didn't ease off on the syns either, really tried to only have the one tortilla but I really couldn't help it! I have definitely realised I seem to eat more when I'm moody! Lol. But I did ok as I was well under my 1200 calories so I'm not that bothered

Red

Breakfast
Cherry ML
Clementine
Grapes

Lunch
Chicken
10g reduced fat cheddar
Lettuce
Cucumber
Red onion
Tbsp salad cream 2.0
Apple

Dinner
Chicken breast
Red & yellow peppers
Red onion
1/10 fajita mix
2 x tortilla wraps 10.0
30g reduced fat cheddar HEx A
Tbsp garlic & onion dip 2.0
Corn on the cob

Other
Banana
Alpen light summer fruits HEx B
Diet energy drink

Syns - 14 (59.0/105)
Calories - 791
HEx A - 40g r.f cheddar
HEx B - summer fruits alpen light
Weight - 9st12lb

Friday

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Clementine
Strawberries
Apple
1 x kingsmill whole meal bread HEx B
Tsp lemon curd 1.0

Lunch
100g pasta
Wafer thin ham
Chicken pieces
20g r.f cheddar 1/2 HEx A
Tbsp mayo 2.0
Banana

Dinner
Gammon round
2 x eggs
150g sw chips
Baked beans

Other
Diet energy drink
1/2 choc bar 5.0
1.5L water
Mini milk 1.5

Syns - 9.5 (65.0/105)
Calories - 1,314
HEx B - bread
HEx A - 1/2 cheese
Weight - 9st12lbs

Excercise
Day 4 - ab & squat challenge
60squats
25 sit ups
10 leg raises
10 crunches

12mins ab toning belt

Hi Hun, how are you today. Hope you put yesterday's naughty day behind you.
ive been so busy the last couple of days that I've hardly been on here so thought I'd say hi :)
hope you have a good weekend.xx

Hiya Hun, I was fine yesterday thank you :)

Today is a different story! I weighed myself this am but I'm still stuck at 9st12lb I really wanna know where I'm going wrong! I know I've been a little naughty here and there but I've really stayed on plan and apart from yesterday I've been under my 1200 calories too. It's really got me down.
Today is the day we go to the hotel and resturant and I promised myself I'd treat myself just for the dinner and stay on plan the rest of the day, but I hadn't told Jamie I was doing slimming world and he brought me up a sausage and egg sandwich! He never does things like that! I just didn't have it in me to tell him I didn't want it. I am so emotional today I just don't know what's up with me!

I have decided to just take today as it comes, eat whatever and get straight back on plan tomorrow. I am thinking of combining slimming world with 5:2 to see if I get any better results although last time I did that I had terrible migraines on the fasting days. I'll just see how I get on I guess!

Sorry for the rambling, hope you are ok! Xxxx

Monday..

Red

Breakfast
Red grapes
Apple
Clementine
1 x wholemeal bread HEx B

Lunch
Chicken salad from subway
(Lettuce
Red onion
Cucumber
Sweetcorn
Sweet onion sauce 2.0)
Sprinkle of cheese 1/2 HEx A 1

Dinner
Chicken
Peppers
Red onion
Fajita mix
2 x tortilla wraps 10.0
G&O dip 2.0
40g reduced fat cheddar HEx A 2

Other
Diet energy drink
Banana
Mini milk 1.5

Syns - 15.5/105
Calories - 759
HEx A - 1 - 40g r.f cheddar. 2 - small amount cheddar
HEx B - whole meal bread
Weight - 9st12lb

Hi hun,
Glad you're ok. I hope you had a really good night away.
I tried the 5:2 but couldn't get on with it at all and actually ended up gaining weight!
I managed to lose 2lbs this week which was good, although I was hoping for a little more.X

Wow well done!! You're doing so well. I couldn't really but if it's my last resort I will do it! Lol. Although without even trying I only had 760 yesterday so that may help? I'm still at 9st12lb, I'm not gunna set an unrealistic goal this week and just aim for getting back 9st11lb. I'm going to drink plenty of water and have a biiiig salad with my tea tonight.

Hope you are ok I'll catch up with your diary in a minute xxxxx

Thank you Hun. I know, it just really bugs me but I can't help myself but to weigh every morning lol. It's like an addiction! I hope it does come off cos I really wanna have the confidence to walk around in my bikini on holiday, rather than sun bathe in it then cover up again when I stand or sit up!

Aw that's really nice! Is that why your doing SW? I really want to get married. I've got no chance though lol xxx

Yeah I’m the same hun, my sister keeps tagging me in pics of bikinis on FB and I’m just like, yeah I wish lol. I’d love to feel happy walking round in a bikini. I’ll see though, I always said I’ll never wear a bikini again thanks to my kids ruining my stomach (lol) but actually after a month of going to the gym I am starting to see a bit of a difference so I will see a bit nearer the time, maybe I’ll be happy enough with my tum to wear one! If not though then I’ll have to look for some nice glam swimsuits!

Yeah that’s basically why. I’ve had 2 years to get in shape so I left it til 5 months before, very clever lol. We’re off to Greece so not only do I want to look good in my dress but I want to look good on the beach etc too! I needed to lose a bit of weight anyway so it’s been good motivation, just hope I keep it off afterwards xx

Yeah I’m the same hun, my sister keeps tagging me in pics of bikinis on FB and I’m just like, yeah I wish lol. I’d love to feel happy walking round in a bikini. I’ll see though, I always said I’ll never wear a bikini again thanks to my kids ruining my stomach (lol) but actually after a month of going to the gym I am starting to see a bit of a difference so I will see a bit nearer the time, maybe I’ll be happy enough with my tum to wear one! If not though then I’ll have to look for some nice glam swimsuits!

Yeah that’s basically why. I’ve had 2 years to get in shape so I left it til 5 months before, very clever lol. We’re off to Greece so not only do I want to look good in my dress but I want to look good on the beach etc too! I needed to lose a bit of weight anyway so it’s been good motivation, just hope I keep it off afterwards xx

Well I'm sure you'll do it!
I think we're all like that though tbh, just wanna enjoy food for as long as possible haha.
I haven't had any kids yet so I wouldn't know! Hopefully sometime soon! Xxx

Hi everyone,
I am afraid I am going to be a traitor
I haven't had any change in my weight for over a week now and it's really getting me down, considering I have been calorie counting as well as sticking to the plan!
I only have 13 weeks to get rid of at least 12lbs and I really REALLY need it gone, I want to feel comfortable on my holiday and enjoy myself as much as I possibly can as we're hoping this will be the last holiday by ourselves

So I am converting to weightwatchers (and calorie counting) for a week or two to see if I have any results doing that. I feel terrible as I love reading about people's days and the foods you have eaten and I have really enjoyed doing SW but maybe I'm just one of those people it doesn't work for? I just don't know what else I could do.

I am still going to catch up with diaries etc
Xxx

Ah hun, we will miss you.xx
I've tried weight watchers before and it didn't work for me, yet it worked for my friend when SW didn't. Isn't it strange how different diets work for different people. Please pop back onto my diet diary to let me know how you're getting on.xx

It will only be for a week or so just to see if I do lose... If not I'll come back to SW and maybe cut out carbs? I'll sort something out. Yeah it is strange, it just bugs me cos I've never been a very motivated person and I really am this time so it's really disheartening for it to stop working.

And I really wanna be able to enjoy my body this time round as if this year goes to plan I may not be able to get a good body back again lol xx

Just a thought, but do you think maybe you aren't eating enough? I only say that because I used My Fitness Pal for a while to try to lose weight, when I put my details in it said I should aim for 1,200 calories a day. I stuck to it religiously but never lost a pound in weeks! (Well I kept losing and gaining the same flippin pound!). So I gave up. I did WW after that and lost a bit of weight but I do think I prefer SW. Good luck though whatever you decide. You should still update on here, I like catching up with your diary :) xx

Just a thought, but do you think maybe you aren't eating enough? I only say that because I used My Fitness Pal for a while to try to lose weight, when I put my details in it said I should aim for 1,200 calories a day. I stuck to it religiously but never lost a pound in weeks! (Well I kept losing and gaining the same flippin pound!). So I gave up. I did WW after that and lost a bit of weight but I do think I prefer SW. Good luck though whatever you decide. You should still update on here, I like catching up with your diary :) xx

Possibly, but doing WW works out on average 1,100 calls a day and it seems to work? It all confuses me tbh! I'm using MFP as well and that's what it calculated for me. I will update but I've also started a WW diary.. Like I said if I don't lose doing WW then I'll come back to SW.

But great news, I lost that 1lb lol. I'm not naive enough to believe that that one day following WW did it but I'm going to carry on and see how I get on

I'll still be checking in on your diary too :) xx

Hi everyone, not had any more losses, but today I got my BFP! I've yet to go drs as I am only 3w5d but apparently you cannot do WW whilst pg, I'm going to talk to my dr and see if I could carry on and possibly add a few points but I have a feeling I will be going back to SW!!

How are we all? Xxxx

Hi everyone, not had any more losses, but today I got my BFP! I've yet to go drs as I am only 3w5d but apparently you cannot do WW whilst pg, I'm going to talk to my dr and see if I could carry on and possibly add a few points but I have a feeling I will be going back to SW!!

How are we all? Xxxx

Hi hun x been away 4 a while but bk on track today. I know what u mean abt it being disheartening when there aren't any substantial losses x
Hope u dnt mind me asking, but ur last post sound in code to me, lol, what's BFP? x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

BIG FAT POSITIVE (pregnancy test) lol

Hope u r ok xxx

Back