Losing for Cruising

Forgot to put today's food, which has so far been very well behaved despite being on the go- trying to make up for my Friday lunchtime indiscretion lol.

monday

breakfast:
Special K chewy delight bar (hexB), strawberries
lunch: quorn roast chicken style sliced fillets, tomatoes and cucumber
Dinner: bolognese (quorn mince, courgette, carrots, mushrooms, passata and chopped tomatoes and herbs) with spaghetti and 30g cheddar (hexA)
snacks: x4 satsumas
drinks: 500ml water w/ nas squash, x2 diet pink lemonade, 1.5 litre water w/ nas squash

Last edited:
Life has a good way of making sure you're stressed whenever possible :( Went to put my bunny to bed on Monday night and found a very large lump under his jaw, he never has liked having his chin rubbed so it was by pure chance I found it. Vet says it is not a good prognosis, probably cancer but he's on antibiotics in case it does help. Love that little boy unimaginable amounts so just trying to make sure he gets lots of love and cuddles, although it could be a long while before it has an effect on him.

Anyway, food has been quite good. Fell asleep very early yesterday night before I could have my glass of milk so never got my hexA but other than that I've been on plan.

tuesday

lunch: leftover bolognese with pasta
dinner: x2 quorn low fat sausages, x2 wholemeal bread 400g (hexB), x2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (1 syn), 1 tbsp English mustard (0.5 syn), onions, mushrooms, sw chips
snacks: orange, ice lolly (3 syns), Special K chewy delight bar (4.5 syns)
drinks: 2.5 litres water w/ nas squash, 1 litre diet grapefruit soda

Wednesday

breakfast:
Special K chewy delight bar (hexB)
lunch: salad (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, peppers) w/ quorn peppered beef slices, balsamic vinegar and 39g cheddar (hexA)
dinner: kind of a curry (quorn pieces, garam masala, coriander seeds, turmeric, chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic, butternut squash, carrots, potato) w/ whole grain rice
snacks: strawberries, blackberries, x5 Oreos (12.5 syns)
drinks: 2 litres diet pink grapefruit soda, 2 litres water w/ nas squash, 100ml ss milk (2.5 syns)

Weighed in today and despite my slightly naughty weekend I lost 4lb which I was very pleased about because I was really conscious of what I was eating and drinking (I never thought I'd ask for tap water at a bar lol). So I've now lost 1st 9.5lb which got me my 1.5 stone award. I'm pretty ecstatic about it and so eager to keep up the losses. It really does help when you get a certificate and sticker. Now every time I want to just cry into several boxes of chocolate I look at my certificates and think it's not worth it.

On another note, it's crazy how little 100ml of milk is! Just enough to dunk some cookies though ;)

I seem to be really low on basic stuff I normally eat, like fruit and babybels today. I'm pretty hungry too which is annoying because I'd normally snack on grapes or blueberries and the only fruit I have is a grapefruit and an orange. I still have chocolate that my friend sent me got my birthday back in April and I gotta say it's pretty tempting today...

Thursday

lunch:
leftover curry w/ rice
dinner: chilli (chopped tomatoes, kidney beans in sauce, carrots, mushrooms, peppers and chilli) with wholegrain rice
snacks: x2 Special K chewy delight bar (hexB and 4.5 syns), x2 oreos (5 syns), orange, grapes, ice lolly (3 syns)
drinks:
3 litres water w/ nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA), glass diet lemonade
total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Well I saved up my syns today because I was going to an all you can eat place tonight with my mum and brother. I was planning on being fairly good, trying to go for super free etc...

it was awful. I started out with 5 freaking tortilla chips, a tiny bit of salsa and no guacamole because I know avocados are super syn full, best intentions. They did not taste good. Okay leave the starter because everything else was deep fried crap. Main, ooh vegetable curry with steamed rice. The curry was like eating pure salt, I got my mum and brother to try it and it wasn't just me, it was awful and the rice was so chewy. Left it all and went on the hunt for something else, spinach lasagne, Stir fry...everything was just salty or so dry and chewy it was Inedible. I did end up having one disgusting and tiny (really minuscule) slice of vegetable pizza with a few chips which were also foul. So dessert table looked inviting as I was stil starving. Tried a bit of carrot cake, my brother informed me it was not good, he was right. I ended up getting a plate of pineapple because my brother sampled every dessert and informed me how bad it was in advance ( he did say the ice cream with mix ins was good but I'm not a huge ice cream fan). I'm not even fussy when it comes to food, but I was happy to leave ASAP.

All in all not good at all, but I was glad I came home not feeling like I'd sabotaged my weight loss at least, even though I would have definitely eaten more if it had been tasty.

friday

brunch:
leftover chilli with whole grain rice
dinner: small slice veggie pizza (hexA), peppers, onions, a few chips, 5 tortilla chips and a teaspoon salsa, a few bites of other random foods, pineapple and a bit of chocolate from a chocolate fountain.
snacks: grapes, peach, Special K chewy delight bar (hexB)
drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, diet coke, bottle of spring water, 500ml water with nas squash
Total syns: no idea

Havig one of those days today where i'm just inexplicably exhausted and the day seems to drag on. The day has been rather uneventful, I did go strawberry picking and picked a huge box of strawberries that should last me for 3 or 4 days. I looked like a bit of a pig when I also got some for my mum, step dad and brother and combined they still had less strawberries than me :D I put some vanilla yogurt in the freezer, someone at group mentioned it tasted a lot like ice cream, but it did not look or taste nice and ended up chucking it in the bin. I always preferred strawberries on their own anyway!

Saturday

Late breakfast: special k chewy delight bar (4.5 syns)
Lunch: grapefruit with splenda, x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) and backed beans
Dinner: x2 quorn fillets marinated in 0% natural yogurt, chilli and lemon with potato wedges and roasted veggies (carrot, butternut squash, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers) with paprika
Snacks: strawberries, more strawberries, more strawberries and x4 oreos (10 syns)
Drinks: 250ml ss milk (hexA), 1.5 litres water with nas squash and 1 litre diet grapefruit soda stream
Total syns: 14.5

Been naughty today. I've had an awful headache since I woke up and I woke up late and had to go pick my mum up to go visit my grandparents. I didn't get to eat since I woke up so late but grabbed some fruit and a cereal bar on the way out. I grabbed a ready made salad from tesco which turned out to be 6 syns, very nice but didn't think it would be that many. Then my hungry headache mind kicked in and I picked up a Krispy Kreme donut. I blame it on tesco since I had a £3 coupon and my salad came to £2.50 :rolleyes: Couldn't find the exact syns for it so I'm going to choose the highest value donut and say it's the same syns as that...so 19 :eek: No syns for me tomorrow I think lol. saying that I don't regret it, I definitely needed something to eat and if I could have eaten the salad while driving I would have but a donut is much more driving friendly ha! Also considering it's so hot here I really haven't drunk anywhere near enough, so I'll make it my aim to drink a lot of water tonight.

sunday

breakfast: Special K chewy delight bar (hexB) and strawberries
lunch: a peach, Krispy Kreme donut (19 syns), falafel and butternut squash salad (6 syns),
dinner: 1 ww wholemeal pitta (hexB), 35g halloumi (hexA), large flat mushroom and spinach, cucumber and tomato salad
snacks: strawberries
drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, diet cherry coke, 1 litre water with nas squash
total syns: 25

Last edited:
Back on track today. If anyone reads this, would yesterday have been a green day? That's what I was aiming for but gotta admit I'm a bit confused about green days, to me it seems there's not much difference but the extra healthy extras? Idk.

ive been thinking about throwing a few green days in every now and then, it seems like most vegetarians seem to do green but I'm having good losses on EE so it makes me hesitant to switch. However there are a few days where I really want that extra healthy extra... I'll try and talk to my consultant about it but I'm in such a big group it's near impossible.

Going to try and keep my syns at 5 today to make up for yesterday. Shouldn't be too difficult as I'm at home most of the day, I inky ever really go off plan when I go out!

monday

brunch
: 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach, strawberries and raspberries
dinner: sw chips with spicy salt, 1 ww pitta bread (hexB), 35g halloumi (hexA), 2 tbsp mild reggae reggae sauce (2 syns), 1 large flat mushroom and corn on the cob
snacks: cucumber, strawberries, raspberries and a peach
drinks : 500ml water with nas squash, can diet cherry coke, 2 litres water with nas squash
total syns: 2

Last edited:
Just had a lovely dinner, it was a homemade Nando's and it was actually pretty good. My favourite thing at Nando's is the mushroom and halloumi pitta with chips and usually coleslaw.

I went without the coleslaw and instead had corn on the cob which i boiled then grilled with the butter flavour fry light. It was really good and I wished i had cooked 2 corns instead of just the one! I used my hex's for the halloumi and pitta and grilled them in a frying pan and put a bit of reggae reggae sauce in it the pitta which was instead of the garlmayo/spicy sauce they use. Then for the chips I made SW chips but made my own version of peri-peri salt using chilli, garlic and salt. It was actually very very tasty. I'll definitely be making it again - not a scratch on a real Nando's but definitely far far less syns!

Hmmm well I cannot manage to eat any more today. I've only had 2 syns but i'll just call it a day because i'm knackered and i'm sure my donut yesterday makes up for me missing out on three syns.

Now if only my cat would let me go to sleep...

Wi tonight and I'm worried I haven't lost. I'm feeling really unwell and all my muscles ache like no ones business! I did measure myself last night and I've lost inches which is good to see, but that's over the course of a month, so seeing some pounds off would definitely still be nice...

tuesday

breakfast:
baked beans on x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB)
lunch: 1 ww wholemeal pitta (5 syns), uncle bens Mexican rice with line (2.5 syns), nando's garlic sauce (0.5 syn), 35g halloumi (hexA), large flat mushroom, corn on the cob
dinner: baked potato with cottage cheese, spinach, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
snacks: peach, strawberries, raspberries, strawberries
drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, 500ml diet pink lemonade, can diet cherry coke, 500ml water with nas squash
total syns: 8 syns

Wednesday

lunch:
mushroom omelette
dinner: 1 ww wholemeal pitta (hexB), uncle bens Mexican bean rice (4.5 syns), nando's garlic sauce (0.5 syn), 35g halloumi (hexA), large flat mushroom, x2 corn on the cob
snacks:
Special K chewy delight bar (4.5 syns), x4 oreos (10 syns), grapes and blueberries
drinks: 1 litre water with nas squash, 1.5 litres water with nas squash, 330ml diet lemonade, 500ml diet pink lemonade
total syns: 19.5 :(

Last edited:
WI went well and I ended up staying to group even though it was very busy. I'm glad I did because I lost 2.5lbs and also got slimmer of the month :D I'm totally elated about getting it 2 months running! I was 100% shocked though, really wasn't expecting it especially since there were quite a few people who had really good losses all month too. I think I may have won slimmer of the week last week as well? Didn't stay to group but as I walked past the board i'm sure I saw a certificate dated for last week with my name on. Idk. I'll have to remember to have a look next week.

Slightly frustrated that I was only 1lb away from getting my club 10 and 1.5 from 2st, but that is definitely my goal for next week.

Today my food has gone a little off plan... I totally forgot i'd had a special k bar and used a pitta as my hexB, so ended up going over by that 4.5 syns. Good thing I keep a diary or i'd not remember half of what I eat!

Feeling awfully unwell today, but oddly really positive. Just going to spend the day in bed and hope it helps me feel a bit better! Think I need to make a renewed effort to drink more as I don't feel like i'm drinking enough.

Thursday

Breakfast:
Baxters mediterranean tomato soup (hexB), shape 0% blackberry yogurt, raspberries and blueberries
Lunch: x3 quorn smoky ham style slices, cottage cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, spincach and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: bolognese (quorn mince, passata, chopped tomatoes, oregano, fry light, carrots, celery, mushrooms), spaghetti, 30g cheddar (hexA)
Snacks: Ice lolly (3 syns), banana, Special K chewy delight bar (4.5 syns)
Drinks:
330ml water, 3 litres water with nas squash, diet pink lemonade
Total syns: 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday

Lunch:
leftover bolognese with pasta
Dinner: x2 quorn low fat sausages, onions, mushrooms, fry light, sw chips, x2 wholemeal bread from 400g, x2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (2 syns) and 1 teaspoon mustard (0.5 syn)
Snacks : banana , grapes, blueberries, cherries and x2 Oreos (5 syns)
Drinks: 1 litre water with nas squash, 2 litres water with nas squash, 250ml diet pink lemonade
Total Syns: 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Saturday

lunch:
mushroom omelette, cherries and a cherry shape 0% yogurt
dinner:fry light roast potatoes, roast tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and peppers with paprika, x2 quorn fillets coated with chilli and lemon and 0% natural yogurt
snacks: Special K chewy delight bar (hexB), cherries, x3 Oreos (7.5 syns)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Had breakfast in bed made for me today which was a nice surprise - and sw friendly too. I've managed to somehow injure my right shoulder/neck and my lower left back/leg/knee so fairly incapacitated, more so than usual :( Feeling grumpy and sorry for myself and have wanted chocolate ALL day - step dad offered me some and did manage to turn it down. Visited my grandparents too who had freshly made cheese scones and omg they smelt so good... Ignored the will to have one once my grandma told me she used 3 bags of grated cheese and a whole block of butter and vegetable fat :eek: put me right off, bet they tasted amazing though!

Sunday

Breakfast:
baked beans, scrambled eggs, x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB), grilled tomatoes
Lunch/Dinner: ww wholemeal pitta (5 syns), 35g halloumi (hexA), mushrooms, x2 corn on the cob, 1 tbsp garlic peri-peri sauce (1 syn)
Snacks: cherries, strawberries
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 330ml diet lemonade
Total Syns: 6 syns

Monday

lunch:
salad (spinach, cucumber, tomatoes) with quorn roast chicken slices, balsamic vinegar and 30g cheddar (hexA)
dinner: chilli (chopped tomatoes, kidney beans in chilli sauce, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, chilli powder, garlic and quorn pieces) with whole grain rice and homemade tzatziki (0% natural yogurt! cucumber! garlic! pepper and mint)
snacks: x2 nectarines, Special K chewy delight bar (hexB), banana
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash
total syns: can't remember what it was I ate but it was 5.5 syns...

Tuesday

lunch: leftover chilli with 0% natural yogurt
dinner: spinach, cucumber, tomato salad, balsamic vinegar, quorn roast chicken pieces and giant cous cous
snacks : x2 Spe cial K chewy delight bar (hexB and 4.5 syns ), ice lolly ( 3 syns ), cherries, x3 babybel light (hexA)
drinks: 3.5 litres water with nas squash
total syns: 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Was 100% expecting no loss tonight! got 1.5lb off which earned me club 10. Very happy and inky half a pound from 2 stone too. Did go out for dinner after (mums bf couldn't make it, so i took his place), which was nice but didn't go too crazy I think.

Wednesday

Lunch: cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, x3 babybel light (hexA), quorn tikka pieces and 0% natural yogurt
dinner: mushroom and leek bake with garlic bread and small side salad and a apple and rhubarb crumble with 1 scoop ice cream
snacks: Special K bar (hexB)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, diet coke
total syns: who knows :p

Last edited:
Back