Losing for Cruising

Had 2 days of not really eating on Thursday and Friday. I'm just really really not hungry. I managed to force my healthy extras down both days but i just feel, I guess full, like I've already eaten a huge meal. The same with drinking, normally if can easily drink 3 litres of water a day but despite the heat I'm not thirsty at all. I'm trying to make an effort to eat more today but I still had to force it :( Not sure why because I don't feel horribly unwell or anything? Did manage to have a few syns yesterday in the form of an iced fruit cooler from Costa, but that's it.

Saturday

Lunch: mushroom omelette, strawberries and raspberries
dinner: picnic (chopped veggies with homemade tzatziki, sandwich from 400g wholemeal (hexB) with cucumber and quorn, assorted fruits, homemade potato salad (1.5 syns)
snacks: x4 Oreos (10 syns)
drinks: 2 litre of water with nas squash, can diet coke, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 11.5 syns

Last edited:
Why does someone making me mad want to eat so much :sigh: I'm normally super chilled out and it's hard to make me angry but I'm seriously wanting to kill. Since I can't kill I think my mouth wants to take it out on some chocolate.

Went on a spur of the moment picnic with my mum last night which was lovely. In 20 mins made a potato salad, sandwich, fruit salad, crudités and tzatziki which was all very tasty. Tbh I still haven't got much of an appetite but I've been trying to make myself eat...

ive started doing yoga, only 20-30 minutes about 4 days a week. It's mostly very gentle stretches since I have limited mobility but it's nice and relaxing and I suppose this way I am at least getting some body magic done each week.

sunday

lunc h: mush room omeletee
dinner: new potatoes in garlic butter (1.5 syns), x2 quorn low fat sausages with 2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (2 syns), salad, ww wholemeal pitta (hexB) with halloumi (hexA) and 2 tsp Nandos garlic peri peri sauce (0.5 syn) and x2 corn on the cob
snacks : strawb erries and raspberries, more strawberries, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns)
drink: 2 litre water with nas squash, x2 can diet coke
total syns: 11 syns

Last edited:
Had a few things in the cupboards that needed using up today, had a bit of each then gave the leftovers to my brother so I wouldn't be tempted.

monday

lunch:
1 white tortilla wrap (7 syns), tbsp 0% natural yogurt, quorn pieces, peppers, fajita seasoning (0.5 syns), lots of mushrooms and onions
dinner: ww pitta (hexB), 35g halloumi (hexA), x2 large flat mushrooms, Nandos garlic peri peri sauce (0.5 syn), sw chips and 2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (2 syns)
snacks: 2 crisps (negligible syn wise?), raspberries, x2 nectarines, cherries
drinks:
2 litres water with nas squash, 1 can diet coke
total syns: 10 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday

lunch:
potatoes, 70% less fat salad cream and chives ( 2 syns ), quorn pieces, salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic vinegar)
dinner: spaghetti bolognese (courgette, carrots, mushrooms, quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, passata, oregano and spaghetti)
snack s: grape s, x4 Oreos ( 10 syns )
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk
total syns: 12 syns

Last edited:
Am glad I planned my meals for today, as the afternoon ended up being rather stressful. I've definitely still got the compulsion to stress eat, but knowing I still had a nice dinner and snacks planned for the evening definitely helped and I managed to wait until my dinner was ready!

I'm struggling to eat my hexB today though. I usually eat the Special K chewy delight bars, which are a lovely snack mid afternoon, but i'm all out. I wish i'd used olive oil in my spag bol now, since it's bedtime and I still haven't used it. I usually get peckish at midnight so i'll have a look through my cupboards for a B choice (if i'm not asleep before then)!

WI tomorrow, and i'm feeling... i don't know lol. Normally I feel it's a certain yes i've lost or no ive gained, even before I weigh myself... I usually have a cheeky home weigh in on Tuesday afternoons to gauge how i've been doing but the darn scales eat up batteries like they're chocolate :rolleyes: so i'm clueless. I realllllly want the 2 stone award this week though and I know I haven't been on plan because I barely ate Thursday and Friday. But we'll see.

Am happy to say I got my 2st award - lost 2.5lb this week which I was surprised but obviously very happy about!

Right after group my mum announced she was getting chips for dinner :mad: as she was my ride I had to endure the smell of lovely chip shop chips, which was difficult to say the least. I DID turn down a bag and went home and had leftover spaghetti bolognese, which was nice. I'm glad I said no as I think i'd regret eating them and I never have been a huge fan of chips anyway!

Wednesday

Lunch:
leftover bolognese with spaghetti
Dinner: leftover bolognese with spaghetti
Snacks: 1 chocolate orange hifi bar (hexB), cherries, blackberries, x4 oreos (10 syns)
Drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, 1 can dr pepper zero, 250 ml ss milk (hexA)
Total syns: 10 syns

Thursday

breakfast:
banana
lunch: ww wholemeal pitta (hexB), 35g halloumi (hexA), large flat mushroom, 2 tsp Nandos garlic peri peri sauce (0.5 syn) and sw chips
dinner: noodle soup (noodles, stock, carrot, green beans, mushrooms, quorn steak pieces and 25g cheddar (5 syns)
snacks : x3 pea ches, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns), banana
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, can dr pepper zero
total syns: 12.5 syns

I'm super hungry today and i'm out of most foods at the moment since it's shopping day tomorrow. I popped out to B&M and got a packet of noodles for 59p so I had something for dinner (lucky it's about 30 second drive away) but i'm still VERY hungry and i'm all out of my usual things i'll snack on like Quorn, so we'll see how I fare the rest of the evening...

Last edited:
Still having a very hungry day - I guess i'm making up for those days where I lost my appetite. But it's difficult because i've not gone shopping yet and have no little healthy stuff to munch on :( I managed not to eat everything in the kitchen last night though, which is a win I suppose!

Friday

Lunch:
baked beans with x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) and 2 peaches
Dinner: spinach and mushroom thincrust pizza, 1/2 portion of fries and salad and a few tiny bits of crusty bread dipped in oil and balsamic vinegar
Snacks: x3 babybel light (hexA), cup of minestrone soup (4 syns)
Drinks: 1 can Sprite zero, 2.5 litres water with nas squash, large diet pepsi (yuck i hate pepsi)
Total Syns: 4 syns + 2/3 pizza and a 1/2 portion of small fries

Last edited:
Ended up being a bit naughty tonight as I realised I had a coupon that expired for pizza at an italian place, including a side and wine :eek: Oh dear. I ordered spinach and mushroom pizza and thankfully it was loaded with spinach, definitely 3rd superfree (trying to justify it to myself lol). Shared a side of fries (small side thankfully, although they tasted heavenly) and a side of salad (no dressing yay!). I was very good and left about a 3rd of the pizza, even though it was so scrummy, I was full though and stopped enjoying it so didn't want to eat anymore. Even turned down bringing the rest home because I knew i'd get midnight munchies and eat the rest. Oh and a few tiny bits of bread in oil/vinegar...

I'm quite pleased with myself for not scoffing the whole thing and not bringing it home, I also didn't drink the wine (driving). It was a nice, no, lovely meal, but I do have heartburn now (probably not used to so much cheese or pizza dough). So I enjoyed it but don't think i'll make a habit out of it... Gonna try and limit the syns to make up for it a bit before WI on wednesday.

Thanks S_J_B! I was starving by 11pm so I'm so glad I didn't bring it home, it definitely would have gotten eaten lol.

Saturday

Lunch: tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and x2 quorn slices
dinner: roasted veggies, homemade wedges, 35g halloumi (hexA) and quorn roast
snacks: chocolate orange hifi bar (hexB), passion fruit, 50g dark chocolate (13 syns)
drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, quite a lot of lilt zero
total syns: 13 syns

Last edited:
Killer chocolate craving this evening, and I gave in chose dark chocolate and ate it slowly. I kept within syns, though I was going to have less today to make up for yesterday's pizza... Oh well. I'll see how I go the rest of the week, darn tom cravings.

Yesterday was such a weird day, I seemed to be on the go all day so just ate whatever I could grab. I also went to bingo in the evening and a meal was included in the price, but I only ate about 5 chips because they were giving me indigestion almost immediately and there was nothing on the menu but chips that I could eat. Today has also been a bit all over the place food wise and tomorrow I'm out all day getting both mine and my mums car fixed so I'm not sure what we're doing about food (although I think free cake from John Lewis might be involved), especially since we won't be getting home till gone 7:30.

sunday

lunch: x3 babybel light (hexA), shape 0% yogurt, quorn roast chicken fillets, Special K chewy delight bar (hexB)
dinner: about 5 chips (? Syns), sure I ate something else but not sure what
snacks: plums, banana, dark chocolate (6.5 syns)
drinks: can of sprite zero, diet Pepsi, 2 litres water with nas squash, diet cherry coke
total syns: 6.5 or more syns

monday

lunch: innocent madras pot (can't find syns for this, but it wasn't creamy so I'm going to say 5 syns on the basis of others)
dinner: grilled cheese (x2 wholemeal bread from 400g (hexB), large tomato, 30g cheddar (hexA), fry light) with salad (lettuce, cucumber and pepper) and 1 tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
snacks: passion fruit, cherries, Special K chewy delight bar (4.5 syns)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, lilt zero and diet cherry coke
total syns: 10.5 syns

actually writing today down it hasn't been as bad as I thought it was...

I am very very sick today. Really not ideal since I'm still waiting for my mums car to be fixed so having to hang around waiting. I'm supposed to be shopping but I've only been in two shops and keep sitting on benches while I let my mum go around lol. I had some kind of low sugar moment earlier and almost passed out 3 times today. Had some fruit the first time which didn't help but went and got a bit of cake and a hot chocolate from John Lewis and felt better. Then crashed again and had a fruit cooler from Costa which helped a bit. Starting to feel woozy again and still waiting for the car so gonna try and drive nearby for lunch. But I think what I really need is my bed and a glass of juice (used to do the trick when I got these attacks before). So all in all TERRIBLE food day. Sure I have gained for WI tomorrow as I feel humongous too. Also think I need a good cry which is unlike me, so I must be sick haha.

WI went better than I expected. I gained half a pound, but I was quite happy with that considering I ate quite a lot and quite badly this week really. Thankfully i'm feeling a lot better today and although I do have a meal out planned on Sunday I think one meal shouldn't effect me too much for the week ahead. Our consultant had a "new members" talk at group last night, where she just went over basics with us, which was massively helpful and did leave me feeling quite positive and with new resolve.

Thursday (green day)

Lunch:
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, peppers) with quorn roast
Dinner: x2 low fat Quorn sausages, new potatoes with low fat spread (2 syns), salad (lettuce, cucumbers, spring onion, cress, tomatoes, peppers), low fat coleslaw (2.5 syns), 35g halloumi ( hexA ), ww pitta (hexB), mushrooms, nandos peri peri garlic sauce ( 0.5 syn)
Snacks: chewy delight bar (hexB), nectarine, strawberries and raspberries, passion fruit
Drinks: wine (such a tiny bit, like 2 mouthfuls, but i'll say 1 syn), lilt zero, 1.5 litres water with nas squash, diet coke
Total syns: 6 syns

Friday (green day)

Breakfast: Special K bar (hexB)
Lunch: Baked beans on x2 toast from 400g (hexB) and grapes
Dinner: Spaghetti with bolognese (quorn mince, carrots, mushrooms, courgette, chopped tomatoes, oregano, pepper, salt and passata)
Snacks: x3 babybel light (hexA), grapes, x4 oreos (10 syns)
Drinks: 4.5 litres of water with nas squash
Total Syns: 10 syns

Saturday

Breakfast: spe cial k bar (hexB)
Lunch: leftover bolognese with pasta
Dinner: noodle soup (green beans, stock, carrot, courgette, soy sauce, chilli, peppers, quorn pieces and 30g cheddar (hexA))
Snacks: banana, x2 Special K bar ( hexB & 4.5 syns), x2 cl ementines, grapes
Drinks: 3.5 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 4.5 syns

Last edited:
I was pretty good at dinner yesterday, although it was mostly because the food was not that good lol. I ate half a bowl of soup with a roll and some butter and then a linguini in spicy tomato sauce, only ate a few mouthfuls of it as it was SOOO sweet, I'm sure the chef must have out half a bag of sugar in it. Finished with a hot chocolate as it was included in the price and gave my chocolates that came with it to everyone else so I wouldn't be tempted. Very nice to see my brother and his gf tho. I was veryyyy hungry last night. So ended up having a second dinner oops.

Sunday

breakfast:
Banana
lunch: mushroom omelette
dinner: half bowl of pea soup, small bread roll with butter, few mouthfuls of linguini in spicy tomato sauce, hot chocolate
snacks: grilled cheese ( x2 bread from 400g ( hexB ), 30g cheddar (hexA), tomatoes and fry light)
drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, 750 ml water, 330ml diet coke
total syns: maybe 20?

monday

lunch:
spinach and mushroom omelette
dinner: rice with chilli (quorn mince, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, kidney beans in sauce, chopped tomatoes, chilli) and homemade tzatziki (0% yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon and mint)
snacks: banana, 25g dark chocolate (6.5 syns), Special K bar (hexB)
drinks: glass of fanta zero, 2.5 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 6.5 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday

lunch:
leftover chilli with rice and 0% yogurt
Dinner: sw chips, veggie burger ( 1 syn ) and roasted veggies (paprika, fry light, carrots, mushrooms and peppers) and 0% natural yogurt
snacks: Special K bar ( hexB ), 25g dark chocolate ( 6.5 syns ), cherries, mini ice lolly (2 syns)
drinks: 250ml ss milk ( h exA), 3 litres water with nas squash, glass fanta zero
total syns: 8.5 syns

WI tonight and I feel like I've definitely lost this week... Which is good because I'm now going away for the weekend now and I'm not sure what my food choice will be like. I know I'm eating out Friday and Saturday, and the restaurant Saturday has brownie on the dessert menu, which is all I've craved since starting sw, so I will have brownie lol.

Wednesday

lunch:
small baked potato, cottage cheese, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
dinner: ww pitta ( hexB ), 35g halloumi (hexA), nandos garli c peri peri sauce (0.5 syn), lots of mushrooms and uncle bens spicy rice (3 syns)
snacks: ice lolly (2 syns), 25g dark chocolate (6.5 syns), cup of soup (4 syns)
drinks: 2.5 litres water with nas squash, diet dr pepper
total syns: 16 syns

Last edited:
VERY pleased that I lost 5lb tonight. Thought it'd be around 2.5/3lb not 5! Only half a pound off my 2.5st award though, which is frustrating, always seem to be half a pound away from the awards :rolleyes: Maybe i'll try and be a little bit better than i'd planned when i'm away, getting a certificate and sticker definitely makes me want it more lol. How childish of me :D

Not sure i've eaten enough superfree today but i'm mostly out of everything and there's not much point buying anything before I go away. All out of fruit and got a few salad bits left though.

Last edited:
Still not sure I've eaten enough super free today, had 1/3 rd with each meal but usually have some for snacks too. Normally I'd drive to lidl and get some fruit but my car needs fixing and daren't take it out. Not sure what will be for breakfast/lunch tomorrow as the only veg I have in the house is a butternut squash I think!

Ended up going over syns last might as I was famished at 1am and made myself a cup of soup, only thing I could find in the house!

lunch: quinoa, steamed carrots and a veggie burger (1 syn)
dinner: sw chips, mushrooms, 2 low fat quorn sausages and 2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (2 syns)
snacks: x2 ice lollies (4 syns), 25g dark chocolate (6.5 syns), Special K bar (hexB)
drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, fanta zero, dr pepper zero, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 13.5 syns

Back