Losing for Cruising

Had a nice weekend away and was fairly well behaved, although I didn't drink nearly enough and definitely didn't have enough superfree. I'm sure I will have gained this week though but nevermind.

Friday was a 3 course meal and wine. Started with soup with baguette, followed by lentil mousakka (which I didn't eat) with garlic bread (I did eat) and some salad. Then finished with dessert which was chocolate mousse and chocolate ice cream with shortbread biscuit (ate a tablespoon of the ice cream, 3/4 of the mousse and the shortbread biscuit).

Saturday was started with brekkie at the hotel. I had mushrooms, beans, wholemeal toast (1 large slice) and 3/4 of a veggie sausage, oh and scrambled eggs but only a few forks worth. I did have apple juice with breakfast because I don't drink tea or coffee though. No lunch but had a special k bar at 2ish and since dinner wasn't till 8pm I also had a chocolate bar at 4ish. For dinner I shared breads with olive oil and balsamic and some olives. Main was a veggie burger with chips and salad but the burger was SO oily it gave me indigestion and I didn't really eat my main, probably less than a third of it. I DID get a brownie for dessert (the one thing I was looking most forward to) and it was awful, as soon as it was put in front of me I knew it was going to be bad. It was not a brownie it was pale doughy/spongey, super artificially sweet crap. I didn't eat it at least.

Breakfast Sunday was the same except I had a white roll instead as the brown was gone. No lunch again as we were travelling, stopped for an ice cream about 11ish as we were boiling and had no AC in the car, and then cake and an orange juice at 2ish and then some fries and quorn chicken dipper things in the evening before we got home.

Actually writing it down I can see there's a lot more there than it felt at the time :( So I definitely won't be surprised at a gain. Trying to make up for it before weigh in though!

Monday (forgot my hexA)

Breakfast: special k bar (hexB)
Lunch: mushroom omelette, grapes
Dinner: Quorn chilli with rice and homemade tzatziki
Snacks: x2 nectarines, grapes and blueberries, raspberries
Drinks: 3 litres of water with nas squash

Tuesday

Breakfast: special k bar (hexB)
Lunch: leftover chilli with rice and tzatziki
Dinner: quinoa, steamed carrots and brocolli and x2 veggie burgers (2 syns)
Snacks: nectarine, x3 babybel light (hexA), banana
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

Last edited:
WI tonight went well. I lost! I was so surprised to lose, even if it was only 1lb. I also got my 2 and a half stone award and won slimmer of the month again! I couldn't believe I was slimmer of the month, I didn't think i'd done anywhere near as well as so many people in group! Anyway, 3st award here I come.

Wednesday

Breakfast: Banana and a specialk bar (hexB)
Lunch: mushroom omelette
Dinner: caprese pasta salad (25g sundried tomatoes ( 3 syns ), 45g mozz arella (hexA), spina ch, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, basil, pasta, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar)
Snacks: ice lolly (2 syns), grapes and blueberries
Drinks:
glass of diet cherryade, 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 5 syns

Have had a migraine since last night and wasn't really hungry today until 4ish, so i'm fairly certain I haven't eaten enough but I'm having dinner with a friend tomorrow so will probably make up for it then lol. I'm starting to feel a bit peckish now actually so luckily I have leftover chilli!

On a brighter note brambles have overtaken the back part of our garden (have a very big garden), and we have the most amazing huge sweet blackberries. Lovely!

Thursday

lunch: chocolate orange hifi bar (hexB)
dinner: chilli (quorn pieces, kidney beans in sauce, chopped tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, salt, pepper and chilli powder) with rice and homemade tzatziki (0% yogurt, cucumber, garllic and mint)
snacks: blackberries, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns), ice lolly (2 syns)
drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash and 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 9 syns

Dinner didn't happen as my friend was sick, a blessing in disguise maybe? So food today has been pretty good. How has it already reached August? This year has flown by far too fast.

Friday

Breakfast: banana
Lunch: leftover chilli, rice and tzatziki
Dinner: some kinda stew hybrid (potato, 30g cheddar (hexA), baked beans, chopped tomatoes, cauliflower, butternut squash, mushrooms and quorn pieces)
Snacks: Nectarine, chocolate orange hifi bar (hexB), 25g mixed seeds (7 syns), ice lolly (2 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 9 syns

Been a bit lax with remembering to write down what i've eaten. Had a rough few dyas but i've been good foodwise. Saturday evening was the exception when I had a small portion of curly fries while out - stuck to diet drinks and ignored everything else on the menu for the rest of the evening though. I hadn't had any other syns that day so I think I should be okay. Really can't remember what I ate the rest of the time but was 100% sticking to it!

Saw my step-mum while I was out Sunday and she was really complimentary, saying I looked so much better/tummy was smaller etc. Really nice to get some compliments but I still can't see it myself!

Tuesday

breakfast: special k bar (hexB)
lunch: mushroom omelette
dinner: paprika roasted tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and peppers with x2 veggie burgers (2 syns) and sw chips
snacks: nectarine, strawberries (am sure there was some other fruit I snacked on as well)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, dr pepper zero, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 2 syns (am planning on a cup of soup a little later which will make the total up to 6 syns)

A bit perplexed today as I gained a pound at WI today. I didn't feel like I had lost, but definitely not expecting a gain, especially as I've been on plan all the time. Oh well, just hope it's water weight or something. Especially frustrating as my mum only gained a half a pound and when we went out Saturday she had four shots of Bacardi, 2 glasses of fully fat Pepsi and 2 footling hot dogs in baguettes! Wish I could get away with eating that!

I'm struggling today if truth be told, my depression has been pretty bad this week and I really want to eat my feelings. I've been craving a pizza since Sunday night and especially today I really have the urge to order a dominoes. Doesn't help that my cat actually dragged the dominoes leaflet from the letterbox and brought it to me in bed :rotflmao: He does this constantly, but he only seems to bring me the fast food leaflets! Anyway as soon as I got in from WI I put a quorn roast in the oven so that I can't order anything if I've got food cooking already, at least thats the plan.

Im wondering if the depression is something to do with the gain, I have no motivation at the moment, I just sit in bed all day until about 2/3pm then sit in my office chair the rest of the day staring into space, not actually doing anything because I feel so forlorn. On top of this I seem to be going through a bad spell with my M.E. atm and feel constantly exhausted and achey and can't even lift my arms up to drinks some days.

I've been trying to do a bit of exercise, obviously with M.E. I can't do much, some days I can't get out of bed lol. But I've found some realllly gentle yoga and have been doing that for the past month and it seems to be helping a bit and lifts my mood a little as well. Got my bronze body magic this week too which was nice!

Think ill ill make a renewed effort starting tomorrow to try and get myself out of the slump, set my alarm to actually be out of bed before 12pm and eat three proper meals and maybe sit outside rather than in a room with all the curtains drawn! Glad I'm keeping this diary here, good for venting and saying what I can't say to anyone else.

wednesday

breakfast: Special K bar (4.5 syns)
lunch: baked beans on x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) and a bowl of the sourest raspberries ever and a nectarine
dinner: quorn roast with fry light roasted new potatoes, carrots and green beans
snacks: nectarine and x2 peaches
drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, dr pepper zero

A bit perplexed today as I gained a pound at WI today. I didn't feel like I had lost, but definitely not expecting a gain, especially as I've been on plan all the time. Oh well, just hope it's water weight or something. Especially frustrating as my mum only gained a half a pound and when we went out Saturday she had four shots of Bacardi, 2 glasses of fully fat Pepsi and 2 footling hot dogs in baguettes! Wish I could get away with eating that!

I'm struggling today if truth be told, my depression has been pretty bad this week and I really want to eat my feelings. I've been craving a pizza since Sunday night and especially today I really have the urge to order a dominoes. Doesn't help that my cat actually dragged the dominoes leaflet from the letterbox and brought it to me in bed :rotflmao: He does this constantly, but he only seems to bring me the fast food leaflets! Anyway as soon as I got in from WI I put a quorn roast in the oven so that I can't order anything if I've got food cooking already, at least thats the plan.

Im wondering if the depression is something to do with the gain, I have no motivation at the moment, I just sit in bed all day until about 2/3pm then sit in my office chair the rest of the day staring into space, not actually doing anything because I feel so forlorn. On top of this I seem to be going through a bad spell with my M.E. atm and feel constantly exhausted and achey and can't even lift my arms up to drinks some days.

I've been trying to do a bit of exercise, obviously with M.E. I can't do much, some days I can't get out of bed lol. But I've found some realllly gentle yoga and have been doing that for the past month and it seems to be helping a bit and lifts my mood a little as well. Got my bronze body magic this week too which was nice!

Think ill ill make a renewed effort starting tomorrow to try and get myself out of the slump, set my alarm to actually be out of bed before 12pm and eat three proper meals and maybe sit outside rather than in a room with all the curtains drawn! Glad I'm keeping this diary here, good for venting and saying what I can't say to anyone else.

wednesday

breakfast: Special K bar (4.5 syns)
lunch: baked beans on x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) and a bowl of the sourest raspberries ever and a nectarine
dinner: quorn roast with fry light roasted new potatoes, carrots and green beans
snacks: nectarine and x2 peaches
drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, dr pepper zero

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this, stress can affect our weight so maybe the gain is down to that. I know it's hard but try and stay positive and remember why you're doing Slimming World. You obviously still have a lot of fight in you if you've managed to resist the dominoes and have stayed on plan! Well done :bighug: xx

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this, stress can affect our weight so maybe the gain is down to that. I know it's hard but try and stay positive and remember why you're doing Slimming World. You obviously still have a lot of fight in you if you've managed to resist the dominoes and have stayed on plan! Well done :bighug: xx

Aww thank you. It's nice to hear some kind words on a bad day, cheered me up a bit xx

Hope today is the fresh start you're looking for x

Hope today is the fresh start you're looking for x

Thank you x And yes had a few much better days!

Hey, I've really enjoyed reading your diary.

Like you, I am also a big fan of the Nando's sauce so I chuckled to myself when I saw it in your food updates. I think Nandos sauce and Nando's chilli salt have become a daily addition to most of my meals!

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. I went through a bit of a rocky patch two years ago, where I felt so anxious and depressed I took some time out of my university course. Feeling like an even bigger failure, I got into a habit of spending most days in bed (eating and drinking rubbish) and watching tv/films with the curtains drawn. It's not surprising my weight shot up and my sleeping pattern went out the window. I'm currently out of work as I lost my job due to council cuts at the end of June, but I've accepted a new job so waiting to start that but I've noticed that my sleeping pattern is starting to go a bit out of the window again as a result. Try to set an alarm to get up earlier each day, and find an excuse to leave your room, even just for a little bit - it was the last thing I wanted to do at the time, but it really helped in the long run and I managed to get back onto my course and complete my final placement. Big hugs :bighug:x

I think i'm going through very much the same thing. Finished uni until october so where i've usually got something to keep me occupied i'm instead just sitting twiddling my thumbs! Thank you for the support (all of you), it means more than you can know.

Oh and the Nando's sauces are just heavenly lol. I keep meaning to pick up the salt too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a very eventful and stressful few days. My brother visited me on Thursday, so we watched some movies and commiserated with each other about being depressed and down in the dumps. He wanted a lift home on Friday, so I drove him... heavy rain on the way there, but OMG on the way home all hell let loose! I could barely see the road, the water was OVER my headlights :eek: Couldn't see the side of the road to pull over as it was so flooded, I couldn't tell if i'd be driving into a ditch, so had to just keep on driving in first gear the rest of the way home and was terrified my engine was going to give out.

I was so glad when I made it home until I actually got home and realised the street was flooded! Thankfully our house is a little higher up than most peoples and the actual house didn't get flooded, and apart from a few items getting damaged (all my stuff as luck would have it: electric organ, electric guitar and acoustic guitar :() we got off very lucky! The road in front of our house was (and still is) underwater. A bit of a shock when I saw a big lorry go down the road and then for it to start disappearing underwater! So many cars were completely flooded and we've had fire engines and police outside for about 24 hours now! They've been pumping the water away but it's been pumping for 18ish hours now and it's still inaccessible! I feel horrible for so many of our neighbours whose houses have been flooded, it was so bad the local church has set up a little camp thing. Luckily they all have family or friends to go to!

I've had a rather bad migraine since Thursday, I keep popping migraine tablets which work for a short time, so I think i'm all better and go about doing things and then it comes back with a vengeance. So I haven't been eating as much as I should have because I feel too sick to eat really. Nonetheless I have been trying very hard to eat because I really want to lose this week. I can't really remember exactly what I ate thursday and friday but will try and do my best to remember.

Thursday

Breakfast: banana, special k bar (hexB) and raspberries
Lunch: ??
Dinner: sw pizza dough (11 syns) with 30g cheddar (hexA), courgettes, tomato puree, oregano, peppers, mushrooms, onion and basil with SW chips
Snacks: a mini lolly (2 syns)
Drinks: ??
Total syns: 13 syns

Friday

Lunch: raspberries, grapefruit and x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) with baked beans
Dinner: mushroom risotto with a bit of baguette (9 syns)
Snacks: other half of the baguette (9 syns - oops) with 30g cheddar (hexA) and tomatoes
Drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 18 syns (oh dear)

Saturday

Lunch: baked beans with x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) and half a grapefruit
Dinner: chilli (carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, quorn mince, kidney beans in sauce and chopped tomatoes) with rice and homemade tzatziki (0% yogurt, cucumber and mint)
Snacks: 42g chocolate coated pretzels (9.5 syns)
Drinks: 250ml ss milk with 2 tsp cadbury drinking chocolate (3.5 syns), 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 13 syns

Saturday

I have discovered a new snack that i'm in love with. Went shopping yesterday and REALLy fancied some popcorn, so I picked up the Metcalfe's skinny sweet and salt one. Had it before and it's nommy. BUT I also had a packet of chocolate pretzels under my bed that i've been saving (since April!!!) for when I had a chocolate craving. Mix them both together and it's sooooooooooooooo heavenly!

Sunday

Lunch: Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber) with quorn roast fillets and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: 60g halloumi (hexA & 4 syns), ww pitta (hexB), nandos peri peri sauce (0.5 syn), butter fry light, corn on the cob, x2 very large flat mushrooms, sw chips
Snacks: grapes, blueberries, 25g popcorn (6 syns), banana, quorn roast chicken pieces
Drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, 1 pint fanta lemon zero
Total syns: 10 syns

Monday

Breakfast: banana
Lunch: mushroom omelette, half pink grapefruit, raspberries and blueberries
Dinner:
Snacks: 28g chocolate pretzels (6 syns), 25g popcorn (6 syns)
Drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash

Ooh, I saw that on their website and it looks tasty! I'm also eyeing up the cinnamon flavour and the chocolate crackle ones. Maybe it's a good thing my local Tesco only have the 2 flavours :D

Tuesday

Lunch: 1 baked white potato and 1 baked sweet potato (both small) with cottage cheese and lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: Cheesy mash (potatoes and 30g cheddar (hexA) with steamed carrots and broccoli and x2 linda mccartney rosemary sausages
Snacks: 25g popcorn and chocolate pretzels (15 syns), grapes, nectarine, peach
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 1.5 pints lemon fanta zero

Last edited:
Yes, it's so nice in the warmer weather!

Glad that I lost at WI this week - 2.5lbs, wish it was a tiny bit more but i'm hoping for a bigger loss next week, and probably should just be glad it's a loss instead of whinging lol. Me and y mum decided to treat ourselves to wine and peanuts tonight while we watched the great british bake off (since it always makes me hungry), but I was really good and actually measured out the wine andhad half the recommended serving size of peanuts so I wouldn't go over syns. It was lovely, reallly tasty peanuts and i'm not even a wine fan but it was very good lol

Wednesday

Lunch: big salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber) with quorn roast pieces and 30g cheddar (hexA)
Dinner: mushroom omelette
Snacks: raspberries, blueberries, 70cal alpen bar (hexB), 25g chilli peanuts (5.5 syns)
Drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, glass of dr pepper zero and 250ml rose wine (9 syns)
Total syns: 14.5 syns

Was amazing! Really appreciate it so much more now I don't eat them all the time!

Thursday

Lunch: salad (again) with quorn roast chicken pieces and 35g halloumi (hexA)
Dinner: spaghetti with veggie bolognese (chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic, quorn mince, courgettes, carrots, mushrooms and oregano)
Snacks: blueberries and raspberries, peach, x2 alpen light bars (hexB), leftover bolognese, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, mini bottle of diet coke, glass of dr pepper zero
Total syns: 7 syns

Friday

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB)
Lunch: x2 small sweet potatoes with cucumber and tomatoes and 30g cheddar (hexA)
Dinner: rice, green beans, mushrooms, quorn mince, soy sauce and onions
Snacks: 25g chilli peanuts (5 syns), grapes, nectarine
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, glass of mango rum (10 syns)
Total syns: 15 syns

Last edited:
Haha, well done! My mum makes her own wine so we always seem to have hundreds of bottles of the stuff floating around! It's torturous lol.

Well today has been a pretty bad day food wise. I went to see my nan in London, so had breakfast at 9am. Usually we'll stop at Morrisons on the way but since my dads car started playing up we didn't want to risk stopping and it not starting. So I was glad I bought 2 nectarines with me because I didn't get any food until almost 6pm. We managed to stop at Tesco and they were out of all the normal things i'd buy, and the only things had a ridiculous amount of syns in (like minimum amount of 20) so I grabbed some tomatoes and some quorn cocktail sausages. I thought they were free because I quickly googled it and aw a forum post saying they were, got in the car after eating a fair few and they were 1 syn each! They're tiny too. But since there were about 12-16 in the pack and I haven't had any more syns I should be okay.

I'm currently still famished but since our shopping day is tomorrow i'm out of most free foods and haven't got much in the way of superfree either, so i'm hoping I can fall asleep fairly early on tonight! Still it was a lovely day. It was nice that a lot of my family commented and said they noticed a big difference weight wise but I STILL can't see it. It was so sweet when I rang my nan later to say we got home okay and she said, you listen to me, you are a lovely, beautiful girl. Not the kind of thing she normally says, so next time I see her i'm baking her a cake to show how much I love her lol

Saturday

Breakfast: x2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g (hexB) with baked beans
Dinner: mushroom omelette
Snacks: pack of tomatoes, pack of quorn cocktail sausages (15? syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, bottle dr pepper zero, bottle of sprite zero, 500 (ish) ml of water
Total syns: About 15 syns

GOAL FOR TOMORROW

1) eat 3 meals
2) eat lots of superfree

I think Sunday my body was making up for not eating the day before, I was starving. I was so hungry I burnt my mouth pretty badly from just trying to eat my breakfast! My mouth was bleeding all day. Visited my grandparents in the AM and luckily my grandma had fruit for once and I swear it was the tastiest banana ever lol. My mum knew I was feeling sick yesterday and bought me home a looooovely bit of brownie, 18.5 syns tho! So I cut it in half like a good girl. Today I'm feeling very under the weather, really don't want to cook or get out of bed or move but I guess I should make an effort to eat something other than a bit of brownie. Also we have a taster day at WI tomorrow and since I've never bought anything before I thought I should make the effort for once.

sunday (green day)

breakfast: baked beans and x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB), nectarine
lunch: baked potato with cottage cheese and salad
dinner: sw chips, x2 large flat mushrooms, 70g halloumi (x2 hexA), side salad, ww pitta (hexB)
snacks: banana, nectarine, peach, blueberries, grapes, quorn roast pieces, mini crackers (4 syns), something else worth 5 syns but I can't remember what
drinks: mini bottle of diet. Keep, 3 litres water with nas squash, dr pepper zero
total syns: 9 syns

,Monday

lunch: x2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g (hexB), quorn chicken pieces, cucumber, pack of crisps (5 syns), nectarine
dinner: baby new potatoes, x2 Linda McCartney Rosemary sausages, steamed carrots, steamed broccoli
snacks: x2 nectarines, brownie (9 syns), quorn pieces
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, dr pepper zero
Total syns: 14 syns

tuesday

lunch: cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce made with water, grapes
dinner: veggie chilli
snacks: brownie (9.5 syns)

Unfortunately still rather under the weather; stayed in bed all day trying not to throw up. Really didn't want to go to WI tonight, let alone stay to group... but I was nominated for WOTY so felt I had to stay. Rather glad I did in the end, didn't win WOTY, which I'm happy about because there were 3 people I felt deserved it far more than me (and have been there much longer), and one of them won and she looked so happy, I was really pleased for her!!! Had a look at her before pics as well, and after losing 3st I don't think i'd recognise her as the same person in the pics. She's so lovely and bubbly, she definitely deserved it (especially compared to non-talkative, anti-social me haha).

I lost 3lb tonight, which I was more than happy with. Also won slimmer of the week which was a huge shock as there were loads of people there tonight! Meant a nice big bag of fruit for me though, and since I was running low on fruits, i'm sure it'll be gone in no time. It was also taster night, I made mini chocolate pots which were a real hit. Someone bought in candyfloss flavour grapes! HOW HAD I NOT HEARD ABOUT THESE?!? They really do taste and smell like candyfloss, I will be looking out for these constantly now. I'm always a bit sad I can't try anything at taster night (nut allergy and a veggie) because some of the stuff people bring in looks lush and i'm sure i'd wolf it down if I knew it wasn't going to kill me :rolleyes:

I actually have eaten very little today because of feeling so sick, but i'm finally getting peckish now, so i'll go have a bit of food now. I'll be glad to get to bed tonight as despite being in bed all day I am exhausted.

Wednesday

Lunch: x2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB)
Dinner: rice and leftover chilli
Snacks: banana
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, diet cherry coke

Back