Losing it from the top down????

It's so true about losing top half first.
But I'm not worried cos look at pogeous!!
I can't wait to post a pic looking slim in jeans.
Hope you don't mind me asking porg, but were you always over weight, or did you sudden;y put it on?

So 5 stone in 5 months without exercise that`s fantastic,there`s hope for me yet.Kate do you mind me asking how long it took you to lose your 39lb.I`m just trying to get a jist on cd`ing with and without exercise.

Course I don't mind hun, I have always struggled with my weight. I was slim as a teenager but from my twenties onwards I have pretty much been overweight although the degree has varied!! I lost about 3 stone when I got married at 22 and it has crept up since then. Pretty much given up dieting before CD when I topped the scales at 14st 1.

Gx

yeh ive only lost 20lbs and eveyone said it all came off my face, neck,and chest still got long way to go but i always lost weight top first
ashley xx

I'm 5ft 1 too!! But only if I stand up straight!!

Then Diesel jeans length 30" and a pair of killer heels will be the ones for you hun!

Gxx

OMG i am pear shaped too.. i hate it!! my body dont match lol..

my bum is so wide and flat its gross!!

EVERYONE!! I have found an exercise for the bum! ok stand up legs slightly apart and just squeeze it then let go and keep doing it for a few minutes few times a day!! my bum feels rather tired! so it must be doing something and its so easy to do, when i am cooking kids tea! lol

Havent found another easy one for anywhere else yet?

Well thats me back at the gym on monday,kids have been sick so have just got to my boxercise classes this week,i need it to fall off me asap,as you can all understand!!I too have been overweight to a certain degree most of my adult life,but my heaviest was just over 19 stone,i`ve lost stone and half b4 starting cd on monday.It my 1st weekend on cd so i`m hoping i do well

So Much to Lose

Hi

It's took me 12 weeks:) - at the moment want to just get below 11st (this was my target 8yrs ago when I started dieting with WW), am 11 7 at the mo(5ft 7), only thing is that everyone keeps telling me that I look too thin in the face (to me it looks no different) but as everyone else has said it's all sat round the bottom half - I know you can't spot reduce so it's just a matter of keeping up the exercise I suppose

SO EVEN WITH ALL THE EXERCISE YOU ARE DOING IT`S STILL SITTING AROUND YOUR BOTTOM HALF,IT MUST BE THE DIET THEN IS IT,BCOS EVERY ONE SEEMS TO BE SAYING THE SAME,GOD I HOPE I CAN SHIFT IT,MY ARSE IS SO BIG!!!!
THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME,NOT LONG TO GO FOR YOUR TARGET,YOUR DOING GREAT,I WON`T WISH YOU LUCK `COS I DON`T THINK YOU`LL NEED IT
ELAINE X

Now I feel like a freak. I lost my weight off my belly first, then face and top half. Mind you my weight is mostly my stomach, I look like Mr Bump! That doesn't matter now because I put it all back on again and have to start all over again now, so I don't care where it goes from as long as it goes ;)

The dietician at my local hospital said that weight goes from the wobbly areas first, which makes sense if you think about it. Therefore, fatty areas that are quite firm (in my case, backside and thighs) are the last fat reserves to be metabolised.

I'm losing from top down too. My face is smaller, boobs look saggier but are still fitting in same bra lol, tummy has definitely gone down a bit, but is still massive :(

Yep, usually I am weird and don't do as other people but on this one I think I'm going with the flow...
top first here too allthough my thighs, bum and belly have gone down as well just not as much as face, neck, arms (love to look at my collar bones...doh..told you I'm a bit odd..)and chest. Even the waist has shrunk nicely.

I'm hope that the bottom half will catch up....another 4 1/2 stone to go so I'm sure it'll all go in the end..

xxx

I too have only been losing inches from the top half, but 2 weeks ago I was away and did a load of walking, and came back a whole size smaller on my bottom half. I lost 5lb's that week too, so I guess the walking did reduce the fat on my bottom half.

Besides, it is healthier to be a pear shape, than an apple shape as the fat is on your thighs and not around your heart, so it may be a pain to find clothes, but it's a healthier way to be:)

I can't remember where I heard it but I'm sure heart disease is lower in pears shaped women then women who carry their fat around their top halfs.

thank You So Much Dinosaur For The Tip About Walking,i`ve Kinda Been Like A Woman Possessed Trying To Find Out About Exercising While Cd`ing,i`m Back To The Gym On Monday So That Treadmill Better Be Prepared!!!!
Thanks Again Elaine

Back