Losing more weight

mrs big b

Gold Member
Since hitting target on Tuesday all I can think about is losing more weight . I think it'd become an addiction . I'm 10 st 7 now and just keep thinking to myself wouldn't it be great to be 9 something. I've spoken to my hubby and he's given me a firm telling off saying under no circumstances should I lose anymore but I'm going to miss the excitement of it all . Any target members felt the same ? Suppose I've just got to learn to be happy

Never been at target but maybe you could put the £4.95 that u won't be spending at group into a jar every week you maintain then at the end of the month treat yourself. Not quite as exciting as losing weight but will make maintaining more enjoyable xx

I think you should do what's right for you, hubby is probably just alarmed at the change in you.
I dont know how active you are, but friends of mine who have reached target have switched their attentions and energies to exercise, one has been doing charity walks (there seems to be one a week in Edinburgh where she lives), she now has completed the C25K and does charity runs.
The other completed C25K but has switched to Zumba during the cold months (she lives Newcastle way).
Both have simply shifted their energies, both weigh in monthly I think, althouh maybe one is fortnightly.
Maybe you need an aim to aim for?

I'd be cautious. Losing weight can be addictive. If you know, deep down, that losing a few more pounds is what you want, is healthy and not just a desire for weightloss to continue then go for it. But be wary that if you hit target you might wonder what it'd be like to be 8 stone something.

Alternatively give yourself a new activity to focus on. Train for a half marathon, start zumba, try hill walking, train for a charity trek etc etc. You have done an amazing job, now might be a good time to start something fresh.

I agree with the above. It can take months to adjust from the losing weight to maintaining mentality. I left lost having nothing to aim for and found there was very little support from SW for target members.

From experience (have been at target, but put weight back on due to inactivity/overeating thru surgery!), & reading posts on the Maintainer threads.....it seems maintaining is a challenge in itself. Mentally, we think we have nothing to strive for, that buzz we feel getting to WI day, standing on the scales & losing, the feeling that it gives us.....looking at you stats Mrs BB you have lost every week, so its almost understandable that you want to keep that feeling.
Why dont you try maintaining for a month, see how you get on with that & then reassess.

Thanks all great advice think I will look into doing something. I'm doing the race for life in July with my group . And I'm still going to keep the same excersise up gym walking & Zumba .

kim63 said:
From experience (have been at target, but put weight back on due to inactivity/overeating thru surgery!), & reading posts on the Maintainer threads.....it seems maintaining is a challenge in itself. Mentally, we think we have nothing to strive for, that buzz we feel getting to WI day, standing on the scales & losing, the feeling that it gives us.....looking at you stats Mrs BB you have lost every week, so its almost understandable that you want to keep that feeling.
Why dont you try maintaining for a month, see how you get on with that & then reassess.

Yes think that's what I'm gonna try and do. If i get to the bottom end of my target then great. Ive really just got to try and relax now and enjoy being where I am . I've spent too much time panicking about what I'm eating whether I'm doing enough excersise it's become an obsession . Fingers crossed I can stay roughly where i am

Back