Losing nothing!!! Please advise.

Janeasetler

This is my year!
I'm confused, please help me understand, I've been doing one and a half mile walking for 8 wks now, 3 weeks ago I lost 3 lbs (1st lose since walking), last wk lost 1 lb (Star wk) this wk I gained half a pound!!!!

I eat loads of superfree foods 1/3 plate of it, plenty of water, syns between 5-7 a day. So where am I going wrong.

I've been struggling to do 100% plan for 6 months, and now I'm finally doing it and I'm losing nothing!!!

I don't know if I have the willpower to carry on anymore.

Please advise.

:sigh::cry:

have you got a full daily food diary you can post, someone can perhaps offer some advice from that on areas you might be going wrong.

If you are doing a lot of walking (exercise) and are maybe not eating enough that could have an effect too.

Also have you been measuring yourself?, although the pounds might not be coming off, the inches might. :)

Last edited:
Don't give up Jane you've done so well so far :)

Do you really want to give up and put all the weight back on for the sake of a measly half a pound?

And imagine if you blow it all now and you might have lost a fair few pounds if you'd just stuck to it for the next few days!

Sending hugs xx

Today's Diary

Breakfast
Muller yogurt
1 Clementine
1 Apple

Lunch
SW Chips
Beans
Syn free Sausages
quarter of melon

Snack
2 slice of wholemeal bread WW
42g Cathedral lighter cheese
Biscuit syn value 3 1/2

Evening meal
Spag bol
Salad
Biscuit syn value 2

If I get peckish later I will have melon

I would appreciate your advise

xxx

Don't give up Jane you've done so well so far :)

Do you really want to give up and put all the weight back on for the sake of a measly half a pound?

And imagine if you blow it all now and you might have lost a fair few pounds if you'd just stuck to it for the next few days!

Sending hugs xx

I don't want to give up, I just don't know if this is the right way forward for me.
I'm a large size 18 now, and I was pleased about it back in August, I just can't seem to shift the rest.
Being honest with myself I wasn't on plan 100% before, but since Feb, I am on plan and enjoying all the lovely foods, loving salads and fruit which is unusual for me.
So why at a standstill?
:sigh:
xx

Today's Diary

Breakfast
Muller yogurt
1 Clementine
1 Apple

Lunch
SW Chips
Beans
Syn free Sausages
quarter of melon

Snack
2 slice of wholemeal bread WW
42g Cathedral lighter cheese
Biscuit syn value 3 1/2

Evening meal
Spag bol
Salad
Biscuit syn value 2

If I get peckish later I will have melon

I would appreciate your advise

xxx

If this is an extra easy day I don't think there is enough superfree with your lunch (as the beans presuming they are baked beans aren't superfree) and the snack of cheese and bread and hard to tell how the portion of superfree measures up to the portion of bolognese/pasta. I have gone a bit of a superfree junkie though and others may think this is fine but I think it really does help to fill you up and cut down the portions of other foods eaten :)

Yes it's extra easy

So I should cut down my free food portions and have more superfree, I can do that.
I thought beans was superfree. Thanks for letting me know.

I will increase my super free food.

Thanks Emsie

xxx

As already said it does not look like you are getting your 1/3 superfree at every meal. What about trying a few red or green days this can help kick start your losses again and you don't need to worry about the 1/3 supefree on red & green.
Don't give up you have done so well x

I would be inclined to agree with emsie.

It might help you to have more of a substantial breakfast in the morning to help kickstart you metabolism. You definately need more superfree at meal times (especially your lunch), ideally it should be included with your meal and not after, as the whole idea of superfree is to limit the portions of the other free foods. and having a more filling breakfast, might mean you dont need the big snack in the afternoon using your HEa and HEb, where no superfree was included, of course there is nothing wrong with having those as your snack, but with those 3 meals all quite close together, that might be where your problem lies.

Perhaps start a food diary in the diary section, and update it daily, that way people can advise you on a daily basis and I am sure the weight will start coming off again.

I do advise measuring yourself too, as like I mentioned in my first post, although you are not seeing the 1lbs come off as fast as you had hoped, the inches probably are.

Yes it's extra easy

So I should cut down my free food portions and have more superfree, I can do that.
I thought beans was superfree. Thanks for letting me know.

I will increase my super free food.

Thanks Emsie

xxx

That would be my advice but don't go hungry lovely! I'd say snack on superfree too rather than free foods eg I used to eat lean meats as a snack but tend to try and stick to veg or fruit now but still have plenty of syns. I have been doing sw for over 18 months now and still have my 105 syns a week so I can have my treats be that a choc bar/ a tortilla wrap/ alcohol etc and not feel deprived. You don't seem to be using all your syns might be worth upping them and treating yourself as well :)
Good Luck Hope this helps x

I would be inclined to agree with emsie.

It might help you to have more of a substantial breakfast in the morning to help kickstart you metabolism. You definately need more superfree at meal times (especially your lunch), ideally it should be included with your meal and not after, as the whole idea of superfree is to limit the portions of the other free foods. and having a more filling breakfast, might mean you dont need the big snack in the afternoon using your HEa and HEb, where no superfree was included, of course there is nothing wrong with having those as your snack, but with those 3 meals all quite close together, that might be where your problem lies.

Perhaps start a food diary in the diary section, and update it daily, that way people can advise you on a daily basis and I am sure the weight will start coming off again.

I do advise measuring yourself too, as like I mentioned in my first post, although you are not seeing the 1lbs come off as fast as you had hoped, the inches probably are.

Thank you BritmumInCanada and Joc

I really appreciate your advises, I will take everything on board and start fresh tomorrow.
I will have a substantial breakfast in the morning. Thank you once again, I really hope this helps.

xxxx

Good advice there from everyone. It is hard when yr struggling, I have been doing red and green since I started as I hate veg and salad but my losses have been pitiful recently, so managed somehow to do an ee day yesterday and today, and to be honest when I woke this morning I did feel a bit slimmer. Sometimes just changing plan for a while can shake things up a bit! Good luck

Good advice there from everyone. It is hard when yr struggling, I have been doing red and green since I started as I hate veg and salad but my losses have been pitiful recently, so managed somehow to do an ee day yesterday and today, and to be honest when I woke this morning I did feel a bit slimmer. Sometimes just changing plan for a while can shake things up a bit! Good luck

I've always done ee, not sure how to do red or green it's all so confusing.

xx

Janeasetler said:
I've always done ee, not sure how to do red or green it's all so confusing.

xx

hi i did red and green i think its hard to stick to it suts some people but im doing ee now and lost 2.2 st in 9weeks so keep going you just need to get your head around it all as sead remember. The 3 parts of the plate in your sw book good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

I'm having the exact same issue as jane, weight loss slowed right down and getting frustrated.

I know this has probably been asked and answered before so I apologise in advance. If on an EE day does your breakfast, lunch & dinner have to contain 1/3 super free?

For instance could I just eat weetabix for breakfast or would I have to have fruit with it?

X

Kankles said:
I'm having the exact same issue as jane, weight loss slowed right down and getting frustrated.

I know this has probably been asked and answered before so I apologise in advance. If on an EE day does your breakfast, lunch & dinner have to contain 1/3 super free?

For instance could I just eat weetabix for breakfast or would I have to have fruit with it?

X

The way i understand it is yes you need sf with or after bfast same with lunch ect 1/3meat/fish 1/3starch and 1/3sf and you must stick to it xx

X

I personally would say having just the weetabix and milk for breakfast is fine, because the portion of it is automatically controlled being a HEb/HEa, however if you were having a cooked breakfast, then you would need to think more about your superfree.

The trouble with not having any superfree, is how do you know when you stop with the pile of carbs/proteins etc. If a 1/3 of your plate is filled with superfree, then you automatically have less room on your plate to pile up the other free foods. So in theory it limits your portions without having to worry about weighing etc. Bear in mind though, that have a huge supersize plate would kind of defeat that object lol.

roger said:
The way i understand it is yes you need sf with or after bfast same with lunch ect 1/3meat/fish 1/3starch and 1/3sf and you must stick to it xx

Try to keep yoir sins down to around 8 a day lol

roger said:
Try to keep yoir sins down to around 8 a day lol

I very rarely go over 5 syns per day, in fact I struggle to use my syns some days. Today for instance I was caught up in meetings the whole day which carried on through lunch, so I've only had a banana, nectarine & my dinner (red day) all day so I've had zero syns.

Back