Losing weight by changing your eating habits/eating healthier

Cassia

I don't particularly want to go on a diet, instead I want to change my diet and relationship with food.
I want to cut the crap out of my diet except for the odd treat, I want to control my portion size too.
Who here has been doing this and has been losing weight? I feel like this is one of the healthiest ways to lose the pounds and to keep it off, without feeling restricted and deprived! It's more likely I'd stick to this plan more than any other, it'll be a lifestyle change for the better.
I want to train myself to eat properly etc...

I'm starting as soon as we get our shopping in this coming week (Wednesday 24th) and am looking forward to a happier, healthier lifestyle.

Does anyone have any success stories, tips and motivation for me? :)
It's all greatly appreciated!

Lots of love,
Cassia
X​

you'll get lots of good advice hear but if it's any help, I do SW. I follow it because it's not a diet but a super-healthy way if eating. My husband is more than happy to eat the food. Why not get hold of a copy ofthe magazine and you can see fo yourself what it's all about. There are tons of great recipes in the mag s it's a inexpensive way of trying it. Whatever you choose, best of luck.

That is exactly what I have done and I lost 7 stone in 6 months. I'm nearly at a loss of 8 stone in 8 months. I've gone from a size 22 to a 10/12. It works!!! If you stick to that you will be on to a winner. And exercise is important. Don't do boring exercise. Go fog what you enjoy. I go to Zumba and Dancercise and step and spin.... Etc its just progressed so fast!! You've really hit the nail on the head. If only more people would bin their diet manuals and just cut out the crap we'd be a healthier nation. Breaking emotional eating habits was a biggy for me too! It's like being a recovering alcoholic. Please do it and stick to it!! Good luck!!

you'll get lots of good advice hear but if it's any help, I do SW. I follow it because it's not a diet but a super-healthy way if eating. My husband is more than happy to eat the food. Why not get hold of a copy ofthe magazine and you can see fo yourself what it's all about. There are tons of great recipes in the mag s it's a inexpensive way of trying it. Whatever you choose, best of luck.

Heya hun! I've already tried SW EE plan hehe! I'm taking some of the advice etc given in the booklets and using it in my healthy eating lifestyle.

That is exactly what I have done and I lost 7 stone in 6 months. I'm nearly at a loss of 8 stone in 8 months. I've gone from a size 22 to a 10/12. It works!!! If you stick to that you will be on to a winner. And exercise is important. Don't do boring exercise. Go fog what you enjoy. I go to Zumba and Dancercise and step and spin.... Etc its just progressed so fast!! You've really hit the nail on the head. If only more people would bin their diet manuals and just cut out the crap we'd be a healthier nation. Breaking emotional eating habits was a biggy for me too! It's like being a recovering alcoholic. Please do it and stick to it!! Good luck!!
Hello my dear! I totally 100% agree! :D
And wow! That's an amazing loss! Well done! You must be so proud and feeling great in yourself!
I'd like to hear more about your journey to a healthier you :) Could I add you as a friend?
I think I could learn allot!
Also, feel free to add me on FB if you want to!

I don't particularly want to go on a diet, instead I want to change my diet and relationship with food.
I want to cut the crap out of my diet except for the odd treat, I want to control my portion size too.
Who here has been doing this and has been losing weight? I feel like this is one of the healthiest ways to lose the pounds and to keep it off, without feeling restricted and deprived! It's more likely I'd stick to this plan more than any other, it'll be a lifestyle change for the better.
I want to train myself to eat properly etc...

I'm starting as soon as we get our shopping in this coming week (Wednesday 24th) and am looking forward to a happier, healthier lifestyle.

Does anyone have any success stories, tips and motivation for me? :)
It's all greatly appreciated!

Lots of love,
Cassia
X​

Hi:) after my son was born 9 year ago i was the heaviest ive ever been. I was 15 and half stone and my friend was 18 and a half and she started realy cutting down on the bad food and having smaller portions. I never thort she would stick to it coz she loved huge amounts of food. Couple of weeks in she was doing realy well and i lucked at myself and thort i want to do it i dont wana be le3t the fat 1. So thats wot i did. I Had the same meals as every1 else but smaller portions. If i wanted cake id have a little instead of the whole thing. I took a while to loose it but i got down to 11.3 and my friend got to 9 and a half stone and a size 8!!! The best thing was i dont ever remember bein obsesed with the scales or cal countin,it just wasnt a diet id changed my eating. I had my daughter nearly 3 years ago and i only put just under a stone on with her but i came off quick. Im now 11.11 and fafin bout with ww and cal countin but it lasts a week and i ruin it and just eat. Im glad i found your post because writing this has made me realise ive dun it once and kept most of it off but i can do it again. No more ww or diets im going bak to gud old healthy eating so thank u for opening my eyse again. I hope u do realy well. Always remember that slow and steady wins the race. It tuk me a year or 2 to get it all off but its stayed off,wel apart from ten pound. I wana get in the tens now so i want to loose a stone. Gosh i went on abit there my fingers have cramp haha.x:D

Hello my dear! I totally 100% agree! :D
And wow! That's an amazing loss! Well done! You must be so proud and feeling great in yourself!
I'd like to hear more about your journey to a healthier you :) Could I add you as a friend?
I think I could learn allot!
Also, feel free to add me on FB if you want to!

I'm more than happy to share!! Yeah add me. :)

Hi:) after my son was born 9 year ago i was the heaviest ive ever been. I was 15 and half stone and my friend was 18 and a half and she started realy cutting down on the bad food and having smaller portions. I never thort she would stick to it coz she loved huge amounts of food. Couple of weeks in she was doing realy well and i lucked at myself and thort i want to do it i dont wana be le3t the fat 1. So thats wot i did. I Had the same meals as every1 else but smaller portions. If i wanted cake id have a little instead of the whole thing. I took a while to loose it but i got down to 11.3 and my friend got to 9 and a half stone and a size 8!!! The best thing was i dont ever remember bein obsesed with the scales or cal countin,it just wasnt a diet id changed my eating. I had my daughter nearly 3 years ago and i only put just under a stone on with her but i came off quick. Im now 11.11 and fafin bout with ww and cal countin but it lasts a week and i ruin it and just eat. Im glad i found your post because writing this has made me realise ive dun it once and kept most of it off but i can do it again. No more ww or diets im going bak to gud old healthy eating so thank u for opening my eyse again. I hope u do realy well. Always remember that slow and steady wins the race. It tuk me a year or 2 to get it all off but its stayed off,wel apart from ten pound. I wana get in the tens now so i want to loose a stone. Gosh i went on abit there my fingers have cramp haha.x:D
I'm so so so glad the post inspired you to give it all another try! It's the best way to lose the weight, maybe not the quickest, but certainly effective.
Thanks for you lovely long post, I do enjoy reading them! Keep us all informed on how you do on your new healthy eating/lifestyle journey and I'll do the same x x

Yes do. Maybe we can help each other. Gud luck. A nice fresh start tomorow. Im taking the battery out of the scales and i might get my mum to measure me once a week instead. Im a serial weigher so taking them away will be good for me. Maybe every month wil be fine.xx

I've had to stop weighing myself!! I was doing every single day!!! And taking layers off etc... It's was damaging. Plus now I'm doing so much exercise, taking protein etc so there's no point weighing myself as I will more than likely have muscle gain! I am however going to get measured at the gym! :)

I've had to stop weighing myself!! I was doing every single day!!! And taking layers off etc... It's was damaging. Plus now I'm doing so much exercise, taking protein etc so there's no point weighing myself as I will more than likely have muscle gain! I am however going to get measured at the gym! :)

Wow uve done amazing. Did you loose all your weight healthy eating? What id give to see the tens. I just seem to always be stuck in the elevens. Any tips and advice would be great. Im not a gym person or excercise classes arnt my thing eitha. Realy need to start walking more.x

Yes all through healthy eating, portion control and exercise classes!!! Have you tried exercise classes?! I've had to learn what to do with my body to get the best from it. What to put in, how to move it etc... It's been a real journey. I'm still not happy with how I am. I have a bit to go yet.

The thing is with me is when i was at my heaviest i didnt realise i was that big i thort i looked ok and people would say that i cary extra weight well,woteva that means. Anyway the smaller i get the more i seem to pick at myself. The more pounds i loose the more i find sumthing else to be unhapy with,if that makes sense. I havd dun exercise classes in the past but they just arnt me realy.x

I am exactly the same!! I'm still not happy. I'm on protein shakes now to make my arms bigger (because I have a bit of lose skin I want to fill) and I didn't know how big I was until I lost the weight. And people say to me 'were you really 18 stone??' Haha I wouldn't lie about it. Check out this... ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366829599.471580.jpg

Haha. I don't think I'll ever be happy. At least you've tried them and know you don't like them.

I dont think i will be eitha. People do treat you diff when u was bigger to now tho. Its realy wierd im stil the same person ive just lost weight and cut my hair and coloured it but all ov a sudden people wana b your best mate or should i say fellas do and girls dont realy no what to make of u,maybe its just me haha. Maybe since having kids aswel has made me be hard on myself 2. I wana b a nice trendy mum that my kids can be proud of. Honestly you wouldnt believe it was me if i showed u a pic ov wen i was bigger.x

Do you have a pic to show? I get exactly the same attitude. In fact my friend's boyfriend who I have known as long as her, we became good friends and he's now told me she's uncomfortable with us being friends. I might have lost weight but I certainly haven't lost my morals. I've had people talking to me that I haven't spoken to in years wanting. To know the 'trick.' Haha just put less in and burn more off. That's what I keep telling people. Haha and Tuesday night an ex contacted me and said 'now I'd sorted out my weight, do I want to go for a drink.' I replied with 'you can kiss my considerably smaller ass!!' ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366867651.938010.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366867669.416448.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366867693.233527.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366867706.450665.jpg

That's my before and after.

Omg you look amazing. You realy do look a dif person. Il have to dig around and c if i have any. Cant believe your ex sed that,what a total cheek!!! Maybe your friends jelous of how you look. We def get judged on how we look tho. Wow i cant believe how gud u luck and all with healthy eating. You should b so proud of yourself. Im a stone heauier than u h think but would love to c the tens. I only have actual photos of my bigger days so would it work if i tuk a pic of the pic. Il give it ago and c if it works.x

Back