Smart Points Losing weight for Summer 2017 xx

Sorry to hear about your husbands job but fingers crossed he gets something he's applied for. Yay, for being 'textbook' and good luck with your consultant appointment.
You are doing really well food wise and your holiday is coming around really fast now ?

Thanks girls :)

Everything is is fine with consultant earlier-I got no choice but to have a planned C/section around 37 -39 wks depending on the pregnancy. Need to have GTT test around 27 weeks and then back to consultant care. Basically just more risks with each C/section, so keeping weight gain to a minimum will help.

We had a lovely burger at wimpy for lunch, couldn't eat it all. Then did abit holiday shopping only 1 week to go!

Food:

Cheese burger and chips,

Rustic chips, Birdseye South fried chicken, slice garlic bread

a few M&Ms and magnum!

Last edited:
I'm glad the appointment went well. Is it less stressful having an elective section? My friend said hers was amazingly relaxed and her recovery was really fast.
Your food sounded really tasty yesterday.
I can't believe you only have a week left until your holiday. Did you manage to find holiday clothes?
Xx

Hiya,

Yeah I do think personally there's so much negative thoughts with elective sections, I've had 3 and was wake during them all, it's probably a different experience with emergency ones. I had a failed induction with my first baby, 2 weeks over due with my second. Planned elective with my youngest but the spinal block wore off too quickly so going ask for a higher dose this time. From experience I found them much more relaxing than induction, it's still nerve wrecking though with risks but main thing is baby arrives safely.

Sammy sounds like you had a great pg with Kieran, sickness not too bad just the odd day, It's my blood sugars keeps dropping- i don't think all the rushing around helps.

I cant believe our quick the holiday as come around, think we almost sorted now - just need to buy a new suit case and sort euros out. I just got a few tunic dresses from Dorothy Perkins, some vest tops, going get some shorts from peacocks tomorrow, also got a pair nice cropt jeans and a few tops and I brought one of those swimming skirts - I know I'm not going feel comfortable wearing a bikini x

Last edited:
Cas's Diary - Keeping off the baby pounds!

yeah i agree

my labour was crazy - it lasted 26 hours and in the end i had an epidural which i said i didnt want n after that i ended up having an emergency c section!
and i do think if i have another baby id opt for a c section again - although i was in a lot of pain afterwards and couldnt do much for myself! lol x

Long labour and Amelia was late, she must of been too comfy! If you do have a elective section next time after pain might be less painful, I found the after pain was different with each baby! Also I know lots of mum who've had really good natural births after emergency sections x

yeah she was in an awkward position n obv just didnt want to come out lol! but no they had to break my waters n then her heartbeat was rapid so had to be monitored etc! x

yeah she was in an awkward position n obv just didnt want to come out lol! but no they had to break my waters n then her heartbeat was rapid so had to be monitored etc! x

You really did go through it, definitely hope you have a better experience next time. I was induced for 7 days with my first baby, that was a long wait!

Last edited:
Hiya,

I'm trying to stay on plan for the next 4 days till our holiday, I'm not expecting a loss but just don't want to gain as starting to feel quite bloated! I'm little bit worried if my holiday clothes are going to fit! I brought mainly sizes 14 at the time they seemed so generous, I cant of grown that much over last week! Went to Primarks earlier not much of fan usually but managed to get a few goodies for the holiday xx

Todays food:

2 light alpen bars

Weight watchers soup and 2 slices of wm toast

Chargrill chicken, rice and WW wrap

Kitkat and Special K bar

Last edited:
Thanks lovely,

My other pregnancies have been quite good too, Sorry that your birth wasn't so good either x I managed a whole Saturday with out any treats :) Quite impressed with myself! already feeling that bloat is shifting- sticking with my water today, dinner is meant to be BBQ type food so need to be good the rest of the day!

Not quite sorted with the holiday, the weather isn't going be great out there a few rainy days apparently! I'm not to worried about food on holiday won't be counting or anything but we usually have a nice late breakfast or early lunch, and then out in the evening for a meal, don't really snack apart from the odd ice cream - so hopefully shouldn't do too much damage!

Also checked my weight from start of pregnancy and only gained 1lb by 17 weeks, will wi on Wedsnday!

Todays going end around 1800 cals, couldn't resist a few Jaffa cakes earlier! Oh well that's still healthy amount calories with being pregnant. I dunno why but after visiting family it always makes me feel need to reach for chocolate!

L-Chicken salad sandwich

D- marinade chicken pieces, fresh beef burger, bread roll jacket potato and light mayo!

S- 4 Jaffa cakes, double decker and magnum, 2.5 litres of water.

ur doing so well hun well done you - holiday is creeping up now isnt it :) we also do that, go out for late bfast/early lunch n then eat of an evening, im sure ul have a lovely time xx

Thanks hun, I really need to stay healthy this time around cant afford to ballon up, as more risks etc

You haven't got long before your first holiday as a little family :) I think if we went on all inclusive we just eat all day to get our moneys worth!

yeah i agree - we always go self catering as i like to go walkies n try diff places than just sticking to hotel! but id be the same, eat for sake of it cus its there n paid for! x

Back