LosingIt's Losing Journey

Hey Losingit! Just read through your diary and you are doing so well! Especially with everything that's going on right now for you, it's amazing!

Congrats on your 4lbs loss again this week! I am hoping to lose the same amount each week to keep me on target for goal.

Reading about you saying you hadn't told your family I was in the same situation, I didn't want to tell them as I really thought they were all against FR diets. But they have been very supportive and having them saying nice things about how it's falling off me etc gives ne a big boost! Maybe you could just mention that you have seen a diet that looks good and explain it to her and she may even want to join you!

Best of luck with your exante journey, you will do fab xx

I will tell my family at some point, maybe once i lost 3 stone if they don't notice before then ;). I know that my mom has tried cambridge diet in the past... quite a long time ago (many years) and didn't manage to stick to it more than a few days.

STILL 100% yay. 2 whole weeks now. For the first time on this diet so far, i haven't lost weight for two days straight despite being 100%. I'm not worried, infact just getting even more excited/eager now because i know that my 3-5lb a week has to come off at some point, and more than likely i'll have a day or two of great big losses once my body decides to let go of it ;).

I mentioned before about feeling so different yet noone noticing. Well, i took some underwear photos of myself yesterday. I also have some photos of me in my underwear from the start. And i can see why people don't notice, because when i sit and have a good critical look at the photos side by side, i can barely see any difference. I have to look realllly closely to see it, and it's only really visible without my clothes on. So i can understand now. I also noticed my weightloss has been pretty even all over which surprised me cos i thought it was concentrated on my tummy. So i look exactly the same shape, just scaled down ever so slightly.

Did another zumba session for 20 minutes yesterday, was fun. All the muscles in the bottom half of my body feel sore this morning, in a very pleasant stretchy kind of way, not too much ;).

wow u have gone through and are going through so much, but on the same line u seem really positive and focused, well done and congrats on your losses so far xxx

losingit said:
I will tell my family at some point, maybe once i lost 3 stone if they don't notice before then ;). I know that my mom has tried cambridge diet in the past... quite a long time ago (many years) and didn't manage to stick to it more than a few days.

STILL 100% yay. 2 whole weeks now. For the first time on this diet so far, i haven't lost weight for two days straight despite being 100%. I'm not worried, infact just getting even more excited/eager now because i know that my 3-5lb a week has to come off at some point, and more than likely i'll have a day or two of great big losses once my body decides to let go of it ;).

I mentioned before about feeling so different yet noone noticing. Well, i took some underwear photos of myself yesterday. I also have some photos of me in my underwear from the start. And i can see why people don't notice, because when i sit and have a good critical look at the photos side by side, i can barely see any difference. I have to look realllly closely to see it, and it's only really visible without my clothes on. So i can understand now. I also noticed my weightloss has been pretty even all over which surprised me cos i thought it was concentrated on my tummy. So i look exactly the same shape, just scaled down ever so slightly.

Did another zumba session for 20 minutes yesterday, was fun. All the muscles in the bottom half of my body feel sore this morning, in a very pleasant stretchy kind of way, not too much ;).

I know what you mesn about the photos, I've been taking them with just my underwear and with my clothes on but when I compare them now from a month ago I can't see any difference either! I try really hard to see it but can't! Then again alot of people have said ooo you've lost weight so I obviously have changed. You are doing really fab- when is your next official weigh in? I find I lose at the start of the week and then nothing until the last day! x

I weigh myself every day but official weigh-ins are on Saturdays. I also take pics of myself in my underwear, and some with clothes on too. I am going to take pics every 4 weeks so the next lot will be at week 8 and i'll be shocked if i STILL can't see any difference at that time, hehe.

I really want to eat chinese food today for some reason. Sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. Saving that thought for my add a meal week in 2 weeks and converting it to a healthy chinese stir fry instead, minus the noodles/rice ;).

Another new day and a new week. Time is starting to fly.

Well, yesterday i had a 'blip' by eating 300 calories worth of cheese (and a cheeky slice of ham but that was only 15 calories). As per my usual self, all common sense went out the window and i ended up blowing this up to epic proportions and thinking that the end of the world had come. Wrote a new topic in the main exante forum to this effect. But, i DID manage to stop myself from eating more than that so i should be proud. Woke up this morning and re-read it all and now feel a little bit silly as my end of the world moment was really nothing more than a WS day instead of a TS day. Nothing to worry about!

So, instead of putting so much pressure on myself i should just allow myself to have a WS day when i need one! If i had allowed myself to do that yesterday i might have eaten something nicer that i really enjoyed, maybe a small piece of grilled spicy chicken with a small salad and made a proper meal of it all for the same number of calories.

I think what's not helping here is that i haven't lost weight for 4 days straight now on my daily weigh-ins. I also know it isn't a good idea to weigh daily, but i don't think that habit is going to change anytime soon, i'm too addicted to the scales. I just need to keep ploughing onwards and remember that it will go down no matter if i do TS or WS, there is no other option, it just takes time.

I never really recovered from Sunday's non-event blip. It rolled over into a Monday full of eating. It wasn't even spontaneous eating, almost like a planned binge because i was careful to only binge eat high protein stuff and ate next to no carbs. I ate chicken legs, ham, cheese, tuna, and the only thing with any carbs of real note that i ate was a sweet yoghurt and a couple of strawberries. I probably did consume a shocking 3000+ calories throughout the day though.

Lo and behold, i was fearing the scales this morning. But i jumped on and i've not put on a single pound. I know the carbs i ate pushed me to the point of being on the very edge of ketosis, so the high protein, atkins style day of eating probably wouldn't have resulted in water weight gain, but i'm still shocked that the scales show nothing at all. I mean i must have at least 2lb maybe 3lb of food in my guts right now.

Well i'm taking it as a good sign, and my chance to get back on track again. I also have learnt that if i am going to have a bad day and eat anyway, then sticking to an atkins style low-carb day is the best way to be bad and somehow scrape through it with minimal damage.

I'm going to actively plan to have food on Sundays from now on in the hopes i can stop the Sunday blowouts from becoming a problem. We'll find out next week if that works any better ;).

Back to being 100% TS today i hope. I am barely in ketosis, ketostix showed just traces this morning instead of being purple, and i really feel it as i'm starving hungry again. With a bit of luck though i'll only have to go through one day of hunger on this occasion and should be back to full ketosis within 24 hours.

Got through a whole 24 hours on TS and all is well. I'm properly in ketosis so not having much problem with hunger besides a little in the morning. It's hard since i broke down and ate as my head keeps trying to tell me it is ok to break the diet again and just eat a little cheese, ham, chicken, etc. Trying to keep telling myself that i can have these things when i have a AAM day at the end of the week, which since it's only 3 days away seems do-able.

I have lost only 1lb in the past week and even then only when the wind blows the right direction on the scales. I'm very disappointed because although i had a bad day, based on past bad day experiences this particular one shouldn't have effected me that much. I'm hoping that it's just my clogged up guts and it will resolve before weigh in on Saturday.

But i feel thinner today, and the sides of my waist feel weird and tight instead of flabby, it's a really strange feeling. Not sure if that might be down to the Zumba though which really works the tummy/hips/thighs pretty hard. Probably a combination of both. Shame the front part of my stomach is so flabby - never felt flabby before but suddenly i feel really fat and wobbly. Really need this to be gone.

Well done on the 100% for yesterday! I keep thinking the same about ooo a little bit of cheese won't do any harm! But then I too think of my AAM day on Saturday (which I am not afraid to admit I am mega excited about lol!) and focus on that instead. It's great that your looking and feeling slimmer, bet it's given you a big boost! I may have to try Zumba when I am a stone or two lighter, everyone is raving about it! Hope you have a good 100% day :D

Your BMI is much lower than mine... get zumba and get dancing ;). Just do what i do, close all the curtains and make sure no one can see then let loose and dance. It's really fun, although i can imagine it will be much more fun when my belly isn't independently dancing in a different direction to the rest of me. I think i'm going to get the DVD's soon because it's hard to pick up the moves from the game version - that's my only negative complaint so far. I'm a rubbish dancer.

Well done for climbing back on the wagon... tis hard isn't it? But as long as you're trying you haven't failed..... I know my head plays tricks with me like that too:sigh:

And I agree about the low carb eating thing.. I think I've worked out that a high carb diet (especially processed carbs) just doesn't suit me. I know I've stayed the same for 2 weeks but that's cos I haven't stuck to Exante..... I have been eating high protein low carb though. I feel good, I'm not bloated and I haven't pigged out... result:D So that's something to remember when we're at target eh!

Onwards and downwards Losingit, we'll get there in the end:D:D:D

Hey, how's it going???

Hiya, all going OK, although could do a little better.

Wednesday ended up being a WS day as i ate 2 eggs and some ham, but nothing to cry about. Thursday i was 100% TS. Today is the day before weigh in, which usually makes it easy to be 100% so am hoping for a good day. I will definitely have lost something this week but it will only be 2lb at the most. Which is OK considering i haven't been 100% all week.

Did some zumba yesterday again on the Wii. Finding it much easier to get through the 20 minute sessions now, which is great. Think it will be quite some time before i've picked up all the moves though. I need to order the DVD version so i can see the moves more clearly. I contacted a zumba instructor and found a session which runs during school hours so i can go. I really want to go but i'm not sure if i have the confidence to do that yet, i think i'll wait until i've lost another stone and see how i feel then.

How are things going for you, namaste?

I'm doing good thanks...... just about to update my little challenge with a loss of 2lbs yaaaaaaaaaay. Doesn't sound very much but it finally takes me into the 11's.... somewhere I haven't been for about 10 years :)

Zumba sounds fun...... a few people have talked about it on here. I like the idea of being able to do it in private (oooerrr) rather than having to join a class....... great that you're finding a difference already! It's amazing how quickly our bodies start appreciating it when we treat them properly :)

Just saw your post about the 2lb loss.... WELL DONE. Zumba is fun, i love it, i highly recommend it.

---

Update: I faced two temptations so far today and didn't give in.... firstly i took my daughter to a soft play centre and they had two big carrot cakes on the counter. I didn't buy a piece! They look yummy but i just had a black coffee. After we came out the play centre, i took my daughter to McDonalds and bought her a happy meal. McDonalds is my worst food enemy, i used to eat there at least twice a week before. I'm happy to say that i didn't eat anything at all, i didn't even eat a single chip or anything, although i was very tempted to just lick one at one point to taste the flavour, lol, but i didn't do it :) so i'm really pleased with myself.

Thanks for the congrats... I'm dead chuffed!

And well done for resisting..... I could do without the maccyd's but the carrot cake...mmmmm.... fantstic display of willpower there:D

If you want to be put off any sort of fast food then I recommend you read 'Fast Food Nation'.... you won't go near any sort of fast food again (or perhaps you're looking forward to going there again post Exante, in which case, don't read it) x

Hi, how's it going? Don't worry about your blip....... if you read my diary (and a few others!) you'll see that some of us take the more scenic route:D Give us a shout if you need a kick up the b**t, a moan or just a chat x

Ah yes, i didn't update this topic with my official week 5 loss. Hardly feels worth it because i only lost 1lb all week. Ah well.

I woke up this morning and after the weigh in i promised myself that i was going to be 100% TS all of the next week. 5 hours later and i've just eaten some ham, hehe. Only about 30 calories worth but it is what it is. Jumping back on the wagon yet again now.

It is hard getting back on the wagon, but you're doing really well. Each loss is taking you in the right direction, and you've already taken your BMI down 3 which is brilliant :)
The important thing is each time you wobble, to keep making the decision to stick with it and follow it through. Day by day, decision by decision, we're all on that journey, and together we can reach these goals :D

Thanks Rachel, and you are so right.

---
Yesterday was a good day for me, 100% TS apart from 30 calories worth of ham, which i'm not counting ;). Feeling super strong and motivated today too so i'm very confident it will be a 100%TS day too.

Spent yesterday afternoon putting up a new trampoline in the back garden for my daughter. It was really hard work pulling the springs into place and took all the strength i had, and then some more. Didn't realise at the time what a great workout i was getting, but i'm sure feeling it now. My upper arms hurt and so do my stomach/side/back muscles, that same nice stretchy sore feeling after a really good workout. Not sure why i'm even mentioning it, but hey, it all counts towards the fat burning!

I got my first comment today on my weightloss! I'm on cloud 9. Well, it wasn't my weight exactly but my clothes. My mom and dad came round today and my mom said "that top is looking big on you" to which i just sat there grinning from ear to ear and admitted i had been dieting again. A bit sad for my mom though because she is doing slimming world and was doing great but has gone crazy with a weekend away. It's hard getting back on the wagon for something like exante, but i think it is harder on a 'normal' diet because it takes so much longer to lose that 2 or 3lb gained over a weekend. What's helped me on this diet is being able to get back to where i was within 1 or 2 days if i have a slip up.

Back