Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Well ladies, I lost 3lb this week which has taken me under 11 stone and my first stone lost!! Very happy today :)
Well done. You must be delighted.

Well LTM you ARE a slim girl and by the sounds of it a darn fit one. You've lost a lot of weight in a short space of time so it's not surprising that your self image hasn't caught up. This journey that we are on isn't just about getting the weight off. It's about creating new sustainable habits and identifying with them. This is me, I am slim and I eat healthily. That's not an easy job. You are getting near target so your weight loss will be slowing down. It's tempting to panic and either, give up and start binging because you can't identify/don't deserve it, or start getting too strict and making your diet unsustainable when you get to target. Last time I got to target I was counting carrots!!! Be kind to yourself and take your time.
Thanks hun. After today's fitness assessment - definitely not darn fit & my balance is atrocious - I kept falling over doing leg raises! but going to give it my all trying now. Got a really hard set of weight reps (least they are for me now - could hardly manage one lot today) for the next 6 weeks plus going to keep up kettlebells once a week and swim 2/3 times for 45 mins.
I am really afraid of what happened to you happening to me. I'd rather never reach target than get there and find it so hard that I end up back being nearly 19 stone which I was when I had my youngest daughter. I never want to be a carrot counter!!!
I know it took me the guts of two decades to get to such a weight so I can't expect it off overnight. Hope can get to a weight and fitness level I am happy with by June 1st, which will be a year since I started this campaign for health.
I must also not loose focus of the original reason I started, which was my children - one of whom is overweight at 6, she's dropping a few pounds and eats smaller portions now - I certainly don't want to make her "diet aware" but we are doing this as a family and I need to find time to take them out more as well.

Thanks hun. After today's fitness assessment - definitely not darn fit & my balance is atrocious - I kept falling over doing leg raises! but going to give it my all trying now. Got a really hard set of weight reps (least they are for me now - could hardly manage one lot today) for the next 6 weeks plus going to keep up kettlebells once a week and swim 2/3 times for 45 mins.
I am really afraid of what happened to you happening to me. I'd rather never reach target than get there and find it so hard that I end up back being nearly 19 stone which I was when I had my youngest daughter. I never want to be a carrot counter!!!
I know it took me the guts of two decades to get to such a weight so I can't expect it off overnight. Hope can get to a weight and fitness level I am happy with by June 1st, which will be a year since I started this campaign for health.
I must also not loose focus of the original reason I started, which was my children - one of whom is overweight at 6, she's dropping a few pounds and eats smaller portions now - I certainly don't want to make her "diet aware" but we are doing this as a family and I need to find time to take them out more as well.

Don'y you realise how amazing you are to lose over 4 and a half stone? Yes gts and determination girl that's what got you there - and that's what'll keep you there too. Just live in the moment for now concentrate one week at a time and consistent steps - when you get to maintenance you won't be a carrot counter - don't fear the carrots! Even if it takes longer - so what? It's not a deadline, you and your body will get there. Being afraid is natural but try not to let it take over - feed your faith and your fears will starve to death. Someone used to say that to me and it really helped me feel positive for the end goal.

Also I commend you for the steps you're taking with your daughter's diet - I was fat from the age of 2 and I always equated food with love and comfort and emotional blanking, I really wish my family had helped me as you're helping yours. She'll see your good habits and health and activity will just feel a natural part of family life - which is as it should be.

Also I commend you for the steps you're taking with your daughter's diet - I was fat from the age of 2 and I always equated food with love and comfort and emotional blanking, I really wish my family had helped me as you're helping yours. She'll see your good habits and health and activity will just feel a natural part of family life - which is as it should be.

That's how it was for me - I wasn't fat as a child but I used comfort eating to steadily become heavier and I could see I had transferred my feelings of food equalling love and reassurance to my daughter. I'd reward and cheer us up with food when I was having a hard time in my relationship with my ex & kids pick things up really quickly and she's a total refined carb junkie just like me. She still gets plenty of treats but it's strawberries, grapes and a small side of ice cream and sauce or one homemade cupcake etc and we don't have heaps of rubbish in the house.
Well done on your 3lb loss as well - you must be chuffed with yourself.

Thank you - yes I'm well chuffed with myself! Usually I lose 2-3lb the gain one the next week then lose the same 1-2lb ad infinitum - which is why I had the grand loss of ..2lb last year - which is beyond rubbish. SW has given me a real handle on how to lose weight properly and more importantly to be mindful of what I'm eating. Before any time I was in the kitchen it'd be a nibble on a biscuit, bit of cheese on toast cup of tea's too wet without something chocolatey to dunk in it. I have to think now, and sometimes I choose too but quite often I don't.

"reward & cheer up" is totally me too - it's a pattern I'm trying to break - food shouldn't be a soother and putting on weight as a "reward" doesn't cheer me up so really why do it?

Your daughter will have a healthy mindset with seeing you get fit and healthy and the both of you eating well and enjoying things like a cupcake, forbidding foods is never a good idea so that's a good balance you're making there.

Congrats on the weight losses. Way to go!

When my kids were around that age I was at target to a bit chubby. I did all the things on my list with them and lots more. Now I'm a Grandma and it's my weght that stops me. Enjoy all the physical activities you can do together now that you're slim enough, they'll remember it.

I'm having a posh day today.

Scrambled egg on toast with spinich and smoked salmon gravadlax 'lemoncello'

Celery soup

Steak with pink pepper sauce, asparagus and herby pomme frites.

Strawberries with balsamic vinegar

Congrats on the weight losses. Way to go!

When my kids were around that age I was at target to a bit chubby. I did all the things on my list with them and lots more. Now I'm a Grandma and it's my weght that stops me. Enjoy all the physical activities you can do together now that you're slim enough, they'll remember it.

I'm having a posh day today.

Scrambled egg on toast with spinich and smoked salmon gravadlax 'lemoncello'

Celery soup

Steak with pink pepper sauce, asparagus and herby pomme frites.

Strawberries with balsamic vinegar

The steak and the strawberries sound divine - mind you I love celery soup as well, mmmm it's a bit far to pop over for dinner. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? Back in my younger days I lived in Ballachulish & then a few years after that Dalwhinnie and Beauly.

I came across this. You have probably seen it before. Looks like a good ideas occasionally but could get a bit boring longterm.

♥ WANT TO BOOST YOUR WEIGHTLOSS? ♥
♥ ♥ THEN TRY SUCCESS EXPRESS ♥ ♥

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.......

♥ HAVE 3 MEALS A DAY

♥ EACH MEAL MUST HAVE 2/3 OF THE PLATE FULL OF SUPER FREE FOODS

♥ 1/3 OF YOUR PLATE MUST BE FREE FOODS FROM THE GREEN & ORIGINAL PLAN (YOU CAN ENJOY FOOD FROM BOTH PLANS OR FROM JUST ONE IF YOU WISH).

♥ CHOOSE YOUR HEALTHY EXTRAS. CHOOSE 1 OR 2 HEALTHY EXTRA A CHOICES & 2 HEALTHY EXTRA B CHOICES (THESE CAN BE USED AS PART OF THE MEAL).

♥ ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS).

♥ STILL ENJOY BETWEEN 5-15 SYNS A DAY (ONLY RULE ON SUCCESS EXPRESS IS YOU HAVE TO COUNT THE HIGHER SYN VALUE..........FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE TO HAVE A SAUSAGE THEN YOU WOULD COUNT THE SYNS AS A GREEN DAY).

♥ ENJOY & HAPPY SLIMMING ♥

I live in the Galloway bit of Dumfries and Galloway, near Kircudbright. So ferry to Stranraer then A75. See you about 8 ?
Don't eat all the strawberries. Once dated a guy from Dumfries, he was from Lockerbie - hmmm, where did he work? Crocketford - that sound right? Or was that another ex? :rolleyes:

Yes that's right. I'm a bit further West though. Where in Ireland are you? I've only ever been to Dublin so don't know it very well.

3lb off. Well chuffed

Flippin marvellous going missus. Well done. Did a short gym and swim today, going to do kettlebells Wed morning - decided weigh in day is going to be Thursday, hoping for 2lb off ...
Oh and I am near Galway which is basically opposite side of the map to Dublin on the west coast. I think Ireland is home now - been here nearly 14 years now (eek that makes me feel old).

Did a short gym and swim today, going to do kettlebells Wed morning - decided weigh in day is going to be Thursday, hoping for 2lb off ...
Oh and I am near Galway which is basically opposite side of the map to Dublin on the west coast. I think Ireland is home now - been here nearly 14 years now (eek that makes me feel old).

Best of luck for Thursday - all that exercise must've melted the weight off!

Flabberghasted to hear that! Emphasis on the flab in particular as I succumbed to KK Chunky choc-fudge yesterday. And no I won't be voting for it as essentially it was a normall KK with the skinniest layer of something dark brown and creosote like. Definitely not creosote but definitely not fudge.

My annoying fiance decided that 18p Double Decker's were too much of a bargain to pass on by and has bought FIVE of them to sit in my kitchen drawer to torment me. Cruel he is!

Back