lost 6 stone - body looks worse!!

Cai

has a thin girl inside!
Help me please!!!

I have lost nearly 6 stone (2.5 lbs to go) and my body looks worse! :-/ ok, I looke better but when my clothes are off it looks awful! :-( saggy, too much skin and wrinkly! Like crape-papper :-(

This weekend I was laid on my bed and I felt like a lump of butter that had started to melt! My skin was 'falling' onto the bed - this is an awful image I know - sorry if I've put anyone off their lunch!!

How do I loose this skin?
I have been doing some light exercise, but due to knee problems lots of exercise is just out of the questions.

I need something to just tackle my tummy area.

It's this or I live in 'magic knickers' for the rest of my life lol.

It's weird looking bk now, my body didn't offend me when I was heavier - guess things change when weight changes!!

Give it a year before you start worrying - for starters. Skin takes a while to readjust and it may be that in time things wont look quite so bad.

That said, I had 3 massive babies and theres no hope at all for my stomach unless a knife and a general anaesthetic get involved. But at the end of the day, magic knickers are much much cheaper than surgery and you are so much healthier now, that bit of loose skin is something to be proud of because it used to be stretched with fat, and now it isnt any more because of all the hard work you put in!!!

MadameLaMinx said:
Give it a year before you start worrying - for starters. Skin takes a while to readjust and it may be that in time things wont look quite so bad.

That said, I had 3 massive babies and theres no hope at all for my stomach unless a knife and a general anaesthetic get involved. But at the end of the day, magic knickers are much much cheaper than surgery and you are so much healthier now, that bit of loose skin is something to be proud of because it used to be stretched with fat, and now it isnt any more because of all the hard work you put in!!!

Awww thanks - that makes me feel better!! :)

Hopefully time will solve it! I'm not looking for a models body, just one a bit better than what I've got!!

I don't care what I look like naked as long as I look good in clothes!! I've had 4 babies...2 of them huge so its not as if i'm gonna be running round in a bikini any time soon! :rolleyes: Surgery might be your only answer so its something you need to really think about as its quite expensive! If its not something you want then magic knickers is all you've got i'm afraid! Some of us (i'm one of them) don't have skin that just bounces back...once its stretched its stretched :sigh:

You've lost 6 stone so you should be well proud of yourself!

Cai

How did you feel BEFORE the loss? - what I mean is, would you have settled for a few wobbly/saggy bits in exchange for the excellent loss?

I know I would have! - besides, it is human nature to become great and want more. weightloss is great, but now I want body perfection too lol.

Live with the new one for a year. Plenty of "thinking " time.

Steve

Hi Cai, I am in exactly the same boat - I love my new body in clothes, but hate it naked. But it's as MLM says, your skin is not going to shrink back overnight - or in my case, in my 40s, potentially not at all!

I have been using lots of moisturiser and the cheaper version of bio oil in the hopes that it will help, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference so far. I also have a draw full of magic knickers - but now they're 5 sizes smaller than the ones I started with! :D

Oh I never thought of bio oil or alternatives!!! Good idea...I'm 27 so NEED my body!! Lol - it's all I have ha ha ha

There are several exercises you can do without putting alot of strain on your knee too!
Make sure you are taking a supplement for skin and nails, every little helps!

I have really bag legs and knees,but have spent over 12 months using my wii fit to build them up,and to help me tone up. Since June I've lost 3 st 9 lb. I too will have a skin problem,but I'm hoping exercise is helping. Your knee will improve with exercise. Start gentle, steps etc. and work up to more x

Back