lost a stone in 2 weeks......god knows how!!!

morning all....Ive just jumped on the scales (day 6) and so far lost 5 pounds...Yippee...thats almost a pound a day ..(day 6 today)

Last time I was on it I lost 7 pounds in my first week and my official one is on Tuesday so I am on target to do the same...and as I started at 13.7 last time (a stone heavier than my starting weight this time!) I am very pleased with this loss

day 6

Im very worried about Dave this morning. He has been having problems with his stomach for some time now and is on proton pump inhibitors for a gastric problems which were diagnosed when he had a camera put down his throat a year ago.

a few months ago he started to lose blood when he passed stools, and he went back to the doctor who told him it was piles...

anyway he now is in pain all the time in the lower part of his stomach and has just told me he has been losing a lot of blood for the last two weeks...when I told him to go to see the doctor he said..."Its just piles, theyve done all the tests!"

but having a dad with terminal bowel cancer I know the symptoms and Im concerned...

Dave is nearly 43 and his mum died of cancer at the age of 52 (not bowel cancer though)

Am I right to nag him to go back?

Excellent loss Jenny - well done :cool:

As for Dave, yes you need to nag him to go the Dr's - far better to be safe than sorry.

hes promised to go to the doctor on Tuesday after much nagging from me...he wont go tomorrow as he is taking part in a golf tournament!

Im feeling a bit hungry at the moment...so anyone around to keep me safely away from the kitchen?

Day 7

A very good morning to you all..

Stepped on the scales and have lost another pound overnight making a total of 6 in 7 days...very pleased although I know a lot of its glycogen and water...next week the real fat drops off and I cant wait

had a bit of a stop with my boyfriend this morning...he was in the bath at 6am which is my slot!! Its knocked me all out of schedule...(although I still found time to post here...lol)

Hes off to a golf tournament today and the amount of time he spends getting ready you would think it was for another woman not to wonder around a piece of grass hitting a ball with a stick...lol

Actualy thats not fair, the game of golf is Ok I just resent the amount of time he spends playing it.

He went to Portugal this year to play golf with his friends and we as a family are not going anywhere! He moans he never takes time of work yet he played golf on Friday, Sunday and today (Monday)...so hardly anything to grumble about.

Anyway...moan over

Im off to work and have limited access to the internet there so will post after 6pm

Love

Jennyxxxx

My stomach is rumbling away...Im feeling very hungry today...some advice and support please...

A big drink of water? A long walk?

Have you considered splitting your shakes? I found that worked really well.

you also could crunch an ice cube, sad i know but I find the jaw action helps, not good if your teeth are sensitive tho!!!!

Glad the hunger has passed. Well done for holding on :)

As for being freezing cold. You're welcome to some of my heat :D

well....feeling a lot better

(but im home from work so I would wouldnt I?)

Im not hungry but my tummy is making th most strange gurling noises...anyone else got that too?

im going to a picnic tomorrow!

I have to bring a picnic for my daughter, my mum, my son and his friend...off course I will be just providing the food and sipping my shake!

Its my daughters last day at junior school and the school have organised a picnic and rounders match..Parents v children!

Ive been getting the gurgles too! and I was freezing last night and earlier!!! Thank goodness someone else feels the same way.
Day 3, four lost and other than wanting to shove some food in my mouth im ok, we can do this jen!!

Hi Canirealludothis....(can you tell me your name...feel a bit silly calling you that..lol)

Yes we must keep each other on the straight and narrow...

4 pounds in 3days is terrific weight loss well done

Ive just lost another pound overnight...

taking it to 7 pounds and this is day8

the next pound lost will take me under 12 stone which will be a lovely feeling.

I can fit size 22 now instead of 24....if I go down a dress size a week that will be cool!...lol

Ive calculated I should lose between 3 and 4 pounds a week if I dont cheat...(which I wont)

which will make me about 8.13 on 9th October....and a size 12

see you later

Jennyxxx

day 9 - Wednesday 26th July 2006

another pound lost overnight!

Im amazed at this diet. I am sure I am losing it quicker this time than before.

I know it will slow down but I look to be at goal in October if I carry on like this.

Picnic yesterday was lovely....lots of tears and laughter. Some of the children will be going to different secondary schools and were upset that they wouldnt see their friends anymore...(bit of an over exageration because they still live in the same town...but you know how melodramatic children are)

My daughter played a saxophone duet with her best friend in front of everyone...(bit embarrassing as they havent been playing long...shes not exactly Lisa Simpson...and they were playing what sounded like Jingle Bells in the middle of July!) but me and her friends mum applauded loudly...

It took more guts to stand in front of all those familys and play an instrument you are not perfect in than it does in one you can play exceptionally well...its important her confidance isnt lost or she will give up learning to play it. (her choice of instrument btw...no pressure from her tone deaf parents..lol)

Very sad really, they were more like a family than a class at her old school and she is going from a class of 23 to a massive school with 3000+ students in (including sixth formers)....apparently the children are expected to get lost in the buildings which are spread across 2 roads at least twice in the new term.

To me ...11 is still a little girl, she will always be my baby!

Jennyxxx

Aha, good old Jingle Bells. Found near the beginning of every tutor book :) Easily recognisable and not too many notes. Beats Merrily We Roll Along (another beginner favourite). Depending on the arrangement, that one usually has only 3 notes, so she's going grand :D A fun instrument to play too.

She'll do well only to get lost a couple of times in the new school. We have year 11's in ours that still reckon to getting lost and there's only 1,000 there;)

They really ought to think of another excuse for turning up late for class. That one is wearing a bit thin :D

A scary time for her, moving on. She'll settle in no time though.

Well done for the next pound off. Amazing diet isn't it :cool:

Well Done Jenny

Hi Jen, my name is really Vicky!!!!
Canireallydothis sounds so daft now but being a newbie had my head thinking daft things,
well done, ive just stepped on scales and lost 7 in total !!
We are doing so well.
Ah well, must do some work now!!!!!
Speak later
xx

Vicky if you are anything like me then you will still have the odd times of doubt throughout your journey which makes your name appropriate all the way through and not just at the begining ;)

I like your username a lot :D

Back