lost a stone in 2 weeks......god knows how!!!

Hi Vicky

Day 13 for me....Luckily I am not supersitious. Is it me or have some posts disappeared from this diary? Maybe I imagined them or did it in my sleep! But I thought I had done one congratulating you on your amazing weight loss??? Which is fantastic Vicky a pound a day is brilliant.

Im weighing in next on Tuesday and ope to be able to announce my first stone gone but I am happy with what Ive lost so far.

I hope the picnic went well....was it hard preparing all that food and not being able to eat any yourself?

Love

Jennyxxxx

some posts have defo gone missing, I wrote last night about the picnic and its certainly not there!!!!!
I reckon you'll get your stone but even if you are pound or so off you have still done fantastically well and its a massive thing to be proud of.
The picnic was hard, it was everything I would have nibbled on before, but, when I thought about it I would have troughed half of it and then still eaten another tea because I wouldnt have classed it as a meal!!!!
So, I didnt give in, when they had finished my husband picked up all the left overs and put them straight in the bin. Usually I would have eaten them without a second thought.
I struggled yesterday all day really, everyone seemed to be eating where ever I went, I know its sounds daft but my mouth was hungry, not my stomach!!!!
Woke up in a much better frame of mind today, loads of energy too, cleaned the house packed daughter to my mums for sunday lunch and I'm about to have a shower.
Have a great day jen, that 1st stone is coming away from both of us really soon!
V
x

HI Jenny

Just a quickie : did you end up going to see Marilyn in Crawley? I only ask because I have had a call from someone who wants to start CD but is based in Crawley and I wanted to recommend someone I 'know' of. Thanks :)

Day 14

got the runs. feel exhausted. sick and my weight hasnt moved...when I went to sleep last night I felt like I had run a marathon..

Will pop back later

jenx

Jen,
Keep drinking the water, its just a hurdle to climb and you'll be ok. The weight doesnt always come off daily, it'll drop off in a day or so.
Thinking of you

V
x

Hi Jen, not like you not to post are you ok??

Hi Vicky,

Im ok...tummy cramps but i think its just a coincidence that I am on this diet.

I took my daughter to Brighton yesterday, shopping for new clothes for the holiday. We went on the pier afterwards but the ground seemed to be moving and I felt like I might faint so we caught the train home. Has anyone else felt like this when walking alot on a VLCD.

Apart from this I have a concern about Dave and Travel insurance.

Remember the problem I mentioned he was having, bleeding and stomach pain for the last year, currently worse in the last couple of weeks, he went to see the GP after much persuasion. His GP examined him and told him he felt Piles and let him go home. (The stomach pain was explained by an old camera down the throat test as Gastritus and a hiateus hernia)...well he also mentioned that not only is there fresh blood in the toilet but his stools were black now too indicating old blood from higher up in his bowel or stomach. The increasing pain in his stomach is no longer being controlled by the proton pump inhibitors he is taking and he is forever exhausted.

He came home however happy with the GPS advice and booked the holiday to Cyprus along with travel insurance etc....now he has had a call from the GP requesting he have an emergency appointment to have a colonoscopy and blood test...(booked for next Tuesday)...if he has something requiring urgent treatment (burst ulcer or worse)...off course we will cancel the holiday...but will we be covered by the insurance?

The date of travel is 23/08/06

My foremost concern is Daves welfare but he dosnt need to be £3000 out of pocket as well.

Hi jfc,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing stomach cramps although you feel its not related to the diet. As this has been going on for more than 48hours what has your CDC said about it.

Hopefully all will work out with your partner, it must be a very stressful time for you both.

Linda

jfc said:
We went on the pier afterwards but the ground seemed to be moving and I felt like I might faint so we caught the train home. Has anyone else felt like this when walking alot on a VLCD.

Sounds a bit worrying mate - have you spoken to your CDC?

And it must be a real worry on top of the Dave situation :(

Hi D-Q,

We must be thinking the same, I am concerned.

jfc please let us know if you have contacted your CDC. Any side effects lasting more that 48 hours you must see your GP.

Are you with Marilyn?

Linda
CD Counsellor

i will phone her this evening. Thanks for your concern...I have just come on though and think it may be more related to my hormones than anything else....please tell me what you were both thinking is wrong...youre scaring me.

I also suffer with low blood pressure, although suffer isnt perhaps the correct word as its only 110 over 60 which I have been told is healthy low as opposed to ill low. I know feeling dizzy can be connected to low blood pressure...is this what you were thinking

No no, don't want to worry you - just needed to be sure you were getting the right advice. Do remember to let us know what Marilyn says.

Nothing to be scared of, its just that if you have any problems that last more than 48 hours you must let your CDC know and see GP.

Its only precautionary measure we aren't, or at least I'm not thinking anything in particular. Just concerned you are unwell.

Let us know what Marilyn says.

Linda

I think it is just showing our concern thats all.

jfc - low blood pressure - you don't suffer from low blood sugar do you? Some of the symptoms could point to this.

Linda

Hiya J,

Glad youve posted was getting worried.

Are you feeling any better now.

Ihave had the odd spell of lightheadedness but nothing like you really describe, however, do take Linda nd D_Q's advice and tell your cdc, or GP.

one thing I will say tho is sometimes the symptoms you describe are caused by stress. This is something I suffered a few years ago and it was all down to that.

Regards your travel insurance. . . . . .
Any pre existing medical illness, or undiagnosed condition which you have sought an opinion on, before the issue of an insurance policy will not be covered due to cancellation or illness, UNLESS, the exsisting condition has been declared in full to the medical pre screening line that your insurer will have, they will then offer full cover for a small premium or a larger excess. If you need to cancel due to an unrelated condition then you are covered.
ie, if you have high blood pressure and don't tell them and had to cancel because of that, all monies are lost, however if you had to cancel because of a broken leg or something totally unrelated then you would be covered.
I hope this helps, I've managed a travel agent for years and I am regulated by the FSA.
Let me know how you are getting on hun,
(((((((((((((((((:))Hug:)))))))))))))))))))
V

Vicky is right - stress can show itself in so many ways. Hope you get a chance to talk to Marilyn about it all and reassure yourself :)

Back