Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Hey katy, sorry not been by in a while, i'm finding less time to hang about on mini's these days but i do try an keep up if i can.

Wishing lots of healthy positive thoughts today!!

Have a fab one!

xx

Hi all...

Yesterday doesn't look so bad written down, but the argument raging in my head about whether to open a (big) box of chocs that is waiting to be wrapped & sent to someone... that was the scary bit. I came very close. Craving sugar big style, and I know that if the lid had come off that box I would have been back to square one, binges are something I know how to do in style and I have been drifting towards a zone where that is possible for two weeks.
Why? The first of those two weeks I was ill & working away, eating began to be a comfort thing again. Then I was home and the comfort eating went on, & fridge, cupboards and endless excuses to overeat were there, as well as a sudden absence of exercise as I have been glued to laptop trying to catch up on work that had piled up.
And... suddenly stresses are lurking too, and though many I can handle I still don't have a good enough way to cope when my mum is being needy/awkward/demanding. I feel I should be able to make things run smoothly for her but when she won't co-operate it is hard. Almost feel I am being punished a little for being away a lot lately.
I think yesterdays food was a bit better cal wise, but only because there was so little left in house! (Because I had already hoovered it up?!)
I agree with Laura, things are not good. Slippery slope etc. No exercise. No veggies, no salad. Scary thoughts. Cravings.
Julie and Jess, I am with you today 110%. I promise. PROMISE, Laura. I know you are warning me because you care, and I am listening. Scales tipped 11st & 1/2 lb today. NOOOOO! This is stopping. Now.
I have to take mum to town shopping today, but will not build in a lunch stop OR better still will have a CD bar & latte for lunch. Need to get back to something Lelly mentioned in her thread, about stopping eating when you are full. I can do it. HAVE been doing it. CAN do it again.
Thanks all of you for being there.
xxx

Hey Katy..
You can do it of course you can hon!!!You have done so well so far...
Well done for not having those chocs thats a big well done hon!!!
Have a good day today..... and buy some yummy healthy things from the shops.. lots of fruit and veg..
Have a good day hon..... Chin up xxx

Hi Katy, step back off that slippery slope, I know we can do it, I am there myself at the moment, too much going on and going on holiday on Saturday so my mind thinks it is alright to eat everything. I eat grapes when I get a sugar craving seems to help as they are quite sweet. My problem Sunday was that I didn't stop eating when I was full as the food was so nice and I really wanted more so just ate it.... Saturday I did manage to stop eating once I was full, so we really need to get back into that, I think everything will fall back into place once we get back into that mindset. Have a great day, take care.

Yay Lazyhound!!!!! So happy for you! Will go look & see if you have started a diary... but so glad to see you over here! Have missed you!

xxx

How are you doing today Katy? I think there must be something in the air as there's a few of us who usually stay on track who've been slipping a bit. Eek! You still seem very much in control tho which is great xxx

Posting food as have been BAD.

porridge, grated apple, 0% greek yog
tomato soup, 2 small pieces wholemeal bread
small packet of ginger dipped in plain choc

What happened to my 100% day? Arghh! Loved the ginger/choc and it was a small amount, from a health food shop (I didn't go seeking choc) so not in panic mode. I estimate it would be between 300-400 cals? Brekky also 300-400 cals, lunch maybe 300. So I am 1100 or 1200 maybe? Will have a quorn & veg stew (no carb) for tea to keep cals low & get some greens into me.
Exercise out window as chucking down... had plans to drag poor dog up a hill. Later, if it stops storming.
Feeling a bit hacked off with myself for the choc, but better than a choc bar or cake I think.
Wobbly today obviously but trying... still trying!

xxx

Get up that hill honey rain or shine and the choc will soon be gone and you will have one happy doggy lol xxx

Didn't get up hill, had a surprise visitor, old friend from years ago in area for a festival later this week (we'll see him again then). So nice afternoon, & no more food blips. Lashed with rain and high wind, but storm has blown itself out now so should get up the hill tomorrow.

Rest of day's food:
quorn pieces, kale, 1/3 tin of toms, small slice wholemeal bread.
Shape yog

Feeling bit better, steadier. I think.
xxx

Thanks Curly.
Day has dawned stormy and torrential rain (it had better stop before thurs night when we go to the festival!). But feel more settled in myself foodwise so hoping for a good day, brekky was good & no yearning for 'second breakfast' as I have been doing lately!

xxx

Keep up the good work my dear ive been good so far today had brekkie and fruit yey xxx

Have you done any pics along the way honey, would be lovely to see the difference and helps keeping you motivated too xxxx

I have pics from before and a few from after, but too scaredy to put them on line. They are a great incentive to stay slim though - I look at the old ones and I do NOT want to go back there.
Today the scales are edging down, just a sliver of a lb over 11st, so hopefully if I am careful today I will dip below 11 again tomorrow. It has me thinking again of maybe going back to 1000 and getting down to 10st 7lbs. That would give me more of a margin, & 11st would be the borderline I won't let myself go over (it is now, but hey, I slid over the line). I think that will have to wait till mid august though as the festival looms this weekend & alcohol will be involved... then next week we are going to France for 5 days. But... does anyone think it's a good idea?

xxx

I think its nice to have a little bit of a gap between your weight and your 'dont want to go above' weight but who am I to talk i am only 3lbs below my IVF weight and cant seem to budge any more and its very un-nerving for both me and Jess lol xxxx

Oh Julie, can see the IVF ticker now! AW!!!!

I think I will try to push the weight down a little after our holiday. Just so I don't go nuts every time I am less than perfect (which face it will be most of the time).

Today has been a good day... porridge brekky with fruit & yog, then CD bar for lunch & shape yog. Not raging with hunger or craving bad things. How weird... it's like I've been possessed for last few days and now it is over... for now. Will we ever understand these things?

xxx

Well done Katy for having a good day!! I think some days we are just going to get better days than others.. but thats understandable we are women and sometimes if totm is on the way.....
Your doing fab hon xxx

Back