Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Not good... yesterday... choc binge... this morning... choc binge. Sheer self-harm, deliberate and pig-headed. I feel better now and think maybe I can start from NOW? I am trying to keep my head free of blame and self-hate as I know that won't help. All I can think of was, holiday gain = shame & fear = self-punish & binge... bizarre and stupid.

That's me, all right.

Onwards, ever onwards.

xxx
well done for being kind to yourself !! Best foot forward hunny

xx

hug for lelly.... gonna be a long day, I can tell! But I can do it.

xxx

... I can do it.

Yes you can. :) Do the best you can. No guilt. Don't be hard on yourself. Hope you have a good day.

Since l've stopped going down the guilt road l've done a lot better. I just keep telling myself l can choose what & how much to eat and what not to. It's my choice. I've found that empowering rather than pressure.

Glad trip was so good, try not to worry about the weight on. I'm sure those who offer good advice are right, they've been doing it for longer than us - you'll see. Give it a week and don't panic. Hugs xxx

Hey hon..
Dont beat yourself up hon you have done so well, and after your break away sometimes it can take a little longer to get back on track...
If you have some chocolate dont beat yourself up about it hon.....
You can do it hon!!! xxx

Hey Katie, whenI went to London, only for 2 days I put on 4lb, so your 6 or 7lb is not so bad. And..... it came off on its own with normal eating over the next couple of days, so dont try cutting down, just eat how you were before you went away... dont make chocolate a binge food, treat it as a treat and if you feel like a piece of chocolate after a hard day or at lunch time, have just that, 1 piece of chocolate, once its not a no go food you may not see it as a binge food either.

Thanks for wise words Greeneyes, you are all so lovely and I know you're right. I am having a very challenging day - a box of nine big, fresh cupcakes arrived by DHL earlier. A present from work. (My reputation goes before me). Have eaten two. Kids have eaten two. Still five left. Torture. They are so sweet though, don't WANT any more... only ate icing off 2nd one - and head hurts, too much sugar I guess.

The roof guys aren't here as it's raining, or I'd take the cakes out to them... sigh.

xxx

Hens, you need hens. Or a fat dog? xx:)

I have a THIN dog... hmmm.... obviously needs fattening up... a plan!!!

xxx

and a good plan it is too :)

I'm glad you had a good time in London! 6-7lbs in a week is amateurish quite frankly - I can do that in a weekend :D

It's so hard to get back into gear after a few days off plan. I have struggled for the past week and my trousers are feeling snug. I'm not sure what to do as the harder I try the more I binge. Right now I'm giving myself some time off in the hope that the lack of pressure will at least stop the binges. I can eat well for a whole day and feel really positive and then suddenly it's like a switch has been flicked and I'm on autopilot stuffing my face with whatever is available. It's like I'm blacking out and just eat. I can get through loads of calories in 10-15 minutes and then the damage is done. :rolleyes:

I succumbed to some cashew nuts at the station this afternoon and so have to forego my glass of wine tonight - so not worth it! :mad:

Thanks Alli, that helps too... you are all so supportive, it really does help. Have a rotten headache and can't shake it, my own fault, but no more cakes... or choc... hopefully it's out of my system. Gonna have a bath now & start anew in the morning.

Funnily enough my CDC rang earlier (her radar must have sensed the panic!!!). I was very positive and didn't tell her I was struggling as I don't want to get back into the cycle of being weighed and buying CD products. Emotional support is not her strong point, though she is lovely... but feel it was right thing to let go of CD now. So... no appointment made.

Box of fudge in house too, another pressie, that one is out of here tomorrow to mum's house...

Anyway, gonna head for that bath...

xxx

Hey Katy, I've missed reading your thread. I put on over a stone on holiday, so I know how annoying and demotivating it can be. Tomorrow is another day. Baths always seem to help - I've just had one. You can definitely do this, you have done it before.

Cup cakes are the work of the devil and very hard to resist. They contributed largely to me weight gain, as the Americans do do some lovely ones :)

Katy, Bin them.

Seriously, if the kids dont want them or dog wont eat them, bin them.

Yes they were a gift but not doing you any favours are they at the moment? Sounds harsh but get rid so you're not worrying about them. Hope you enjoy your bath, going in bath myself soon as hurt my arm at work last night trying to stop some bloke jumping off multi storey car park. Got him tho! x

Watch out Katy for the v expensive bill from your vet when dog becomes diabetic :)

Seriously, those cakes may taste good but think about how good you'll feel for not eating them. x

Ps. Glad you avoided making another apt with your CDC too. Not the answer for you right now.

Last edited:
Watergirl, Sleepy, thanks...

You're so right Watergirl, can see I am using the gain as an excuse to fail, pathetic really. Tomorrow will be a different story.

Sleepy, the bin has been me, scoffed icing off a third one... two left now, kids & OH have done well. Last two will go in bin in morning if kids won't have them.

Your post about guy on carpark roof... kind of jolted me a bit. My Dad's pal's daughter did this two years ago, and didn't die - was in hospital for 7 months, then moved across to the psychiatric bit for almost as long. Dad was so upset & his friend's family were shattered. You have done a brave and wonderful thing, big hugs Ms Sleepy and hope your arm is better soon. You are a real-life hero... I hope the guy realizes one day what a fantastic thing you did for him.

xxx

Hey there hun

Reading through the last few posts the thing that keeps coming back to me is the "why". Everything we do we do for a reason, it is a choice that we make, sometimes consciously, sometimes not but always our choice. I think this may be been discussed before so forgive me if it has but - what benefit to you get from making the choices you make, there will always be one, it may be a fleeting and ultimately not what we want but at the point that you make the choice there is a perceived benefit. If you can pin that down it might help.

Keep on keeping on babes
x

Thank you Porgeous. I know... I cannot pin it down, but something is pulling me back all the time and I won't maintain until I can work out why that is. Why make a choice that is all about self-destruct? I don't get it, but I have to work it out somehow or I will never have peace.

Today... have a busy morning, taking kids to Ayr, son for haircut & daughter for orthodontist, it's an hours drive... must not have cake while there. Then home, and work.

So far, porridge, grated apple, 0% yog.

No cake, no choc. Nor will there be.

xxx

Ugh Katy, only speaking from my own experience but there are 100000000000001 reasons why I overeat. The reasons are fluid, they change. I tried for a long time to find the answer to all the whys thinking that would stop me from overeating. It didn't work. At the end of the day, I had to learn to not eat just because I wanted to (excusing the occasional divergence :)). It's honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done, and something I have to work on every single day.

Head goes into meltdown... helllppppp!!!!!

xxx

Back