Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

I know how you feel about the CD bars Katy, I have about 6 of them in my fridge and am often tempted, but then I think that they are around 170 cals and I can have 2 biscuits (oat biscuits with berries), a chocolate snack a jack and an apple for almost the same amount of calories.... lol

I made some jam about 6 weeks ago with either damsons or plums (I'm not sure what they were, I think they were damsons tho) and it only took half the sugar of normal jam, because of this it doesn't last as long but it has been eaten pretty quickly in this house, on the last jar now and had granary toast and jam for breakfast this morning. The children tend to have jam in their porridge.

Well done on your meeting with your CDC.... I am also not good at saying no, but luckily my CDC didn't need me to tell her too many times that I was finishing with CD. She did say that if I wanted any other products just to drop her a text and she will bring them round when she next weighs me or drop them off before if I need them.

Katy, finally got to read through your whole thread! (I'm a lawyer and good at speed reading!) I thought I'd be in bed by now given the last few early nights I've had! Anyway, you have done amazing well and I truly think you are on the way to conquering your emotional/binge eating. As you know it will be a long term challenge but you've gone that one step further in that you are now more in control. In the past you would have binged, and then carried on bingeing. After your CD weightloss, whilst you may have grappled with the emotional eating, you can now take stock even if you have had a few binge sessions. Taking stock means controlling it before it gets uncontrollable. If you ever find yourself on the brink of a binge/ emotional eating episode think of my and how I literally wasted the best part of 2009 trying to re-start CD having been successsful in 2008 and possibly many others like me on this forum today. Don't undo what you have done and carry on what you are doing .....eating sensibly, and exercising. I think naturally slim people do just that. (mind you think they have a switch in their brain that tells them to stop when full, I don't think emotional eaters/binge eaters have that switch).

I know I am nagging, but I desperately don't want you to be back where I am. It's odd how one can click with a "virtual" friend yet we are infact complete strangers and yet we are not. Here's to a fantastic day 7 tomorrow! Kira

Greeneyes, thanks hon. Damson-in-distress jam a la Sleepy coming up I think... just need to rustle up some jamjars. Yum! Also need to think about what I can have for 170 cals... I am so used to opting for CD thing when I get a sweet craving, and that's OK, but need to learn to eat other things without spiralling into a binge. I will get there! Family have just been tucking in to ice-cream, but I haven't weakened...

Kira, blimey, that is pretty awesome speed-reading! You are right, all we can aspire to is to be like naturally slim people... to find that switch that tells us when we've had enough. Gonna keep trying. You can nag me all you like, if it reminds me not to go back to the binges! As for virtual friends... without them I would never have got past week one on CD.

Big hugs. Heading for bed... and looking forward to day seven!

xxx

Well done on a great day Katy.
My CDC insisted on seeing me twice after I finished ordering any products. I think firstly because he could check I was on track secondly if not he could sell me some more. x

Happy friday everyone... sun looks set to shine again here!!! Day Seven for me. I am taking Mum to town to do her shopping, and have lots of work to do once I get back.

Planning just one CD product today. And a walk. Otherwise, just hold steady and stay as normal as possible.

xxx

Bess, would love that recipe, promise not to use it except very special occasions like Xmas. I was in Ireland last year working & the guest house I was staying at did porridge with Baileys drizzled on top... sounds crazy but was SO yum. Those days are gone... sigh!

xxx

So glad to quickly read your last couple of days Katy. I've learned a lot from posts on your thread which will help me in the future. I have no illusions about the Munchies that hide in the pantry and the fridge here. I know they'll mug me in the future, but having a plan in advance is a good idea.

The Baileys cheesecake recipe. Would everyone like it? And the basic and yummy lemon one? Or is that too mean to put on a dieting forum, and shall I pm Katie instead? Just let me know! Then there's a brilliant Tiramisu, sticky toffee, lemon,banana, ginger...........Ha! After 6 years of making this lot and more every week I never want to eat any of it ever again!!

The Baileys cheesecake recipe. Would everyone like it? And the basic and yummy lemon one?
Oh yes please (she says all excited.)
Heres to another 100% day Katy. I had my WI and was pleased. Heres to the next good week. x

Happy friday everyone... sun looks set to shine again here!!! Day Seven for me. I am taking Mum to town to do her shopping, and have lots of work to do once I get back.

Planning just one CD product today. And a walk. Otherwise, just hold steady and stay as normal as possible.

xxx

Happy Friday to you too hun, soudns like all is well in Katy-world, i'm so happy for you hun!

xx

Bess, yes please to recipies!!! Even better if you would cook them for me :) x Hugs Katy xx

Bess, will you be my new best friend and bake yummy cake for me all the time? No? Doh. HOW did you manage, baking those amazing things all the time? I'd have expired from sheer bliss, or more likely, hit the 40 stone mark. You could post a recipe a week, so we don't get too overexcited!

Thanks hon... you are a star.

xxx

OK. Day 7... not over yet, but so far so good. It went like this:

porridge, chopped sour apple, spoon of manuka honey
mushroom soup & cheese scone in town, latte
CD bar
2 boiled eggs & 2 mini slices wheaten bread

Low on salad & fruit as we were out of fresh stuff, but have been to town so all stocked up again. Might have a banana later, or a shape yog, if I want a sweet fix. Again, feels like a good day, not too low in cals, not too high. Have enjoyed everything I've eaten.

Seven days... not very long, but feel like I'm a world away from where I was this time last week. Phew.

xxx

Katy that's brilliant! I can't wait until I can be where you and decide what 'real' food I can eat and actually really enjoy it! Well done! Day 8 will turn into the start of a full new week, so keep doing what you are doing! You are in control!

Hi everyone... Saturday and the dawn of Day Eight!

Going out later but so far so good... including a YUMMY off-plan cake with friends at my fave cafe, and still feel fine and in control!

Hope today is a good one for everyone....

xxx

Enjoy the cake hun! Its a "choice" and not a blip which is definately the mentality to have! I hope i am able to have the same strength when i hit maintenance! :D

xx

Hey Katy, hope you had a good day and enjoyed the cake. I had 2 of the small biccies today, the one that come with a coffee, and felt very decadent!!!

Hey hon..
Sounds like you are doing fab hon, just had a quick read back of your diary just trying to catch up since being back from hols..
You sound like you have had a fab week hon well done... and good on you for having a planned piece of cake, I hope you enjoyed it....
Heres to another fab week ahead x

OK. Day 7... not over yet, but so far so good. It went like this:

porridge, chopped sour apple, spoon of manuka honey
mushroom soup & cheese scone in town, latte
CD bar
2 boiled eggs & 2 mini slices wheaten bread

Low on salad & fruit as we were out of fresh stuff, but have been to town so all stocked up again. Might have a banana later, or a shape yog, if I want a sweet fix. Again, feels like a good day, not too low in cals, not too high. Have enjoyed everything I've eaten.

Seven days... not very long, but feel like I'm a world away from where I was this time last week. Phew.

xxx

This is exactly what keeps you where you are and so focused - little plans - just thoughts about the day - 7 days may not be very long overall, but as we always say, one bad day does not need to lead into another, 7 bad days can knock us off plan completely and for some throw them off the edge, some do not then come back - but you will, always, and with support of everyone on here, I hope we all will - on the other hand one good day is great, and so much tougher to achieve, this is something to be proud of, so leading into another 7 good days is a really fab achievement (and now 8 too). I know I am rambling, but I hope I am making some sense in a way xx

Thanks everyone... wise words Alex, one day at a time, but getting just ONE day done seemed almost impossible not so long ago.

Yesterday... an off-plan day, but a fun one. I'd say it was still a normal day, although a lot more cals than usual were consumed! But in the norma world you do have days like that, and all I need to do is make extra certain today has no extra treat foods.

Yesterday:
porridge, berries, 0% yog
choc & cream cake & black tea in cafe with friends
1 slice mini wheaten bread, quorn fillet
scone & jam in town
barbeque at friends house:
1 small baileys
quorn sausage, salad, white roll
profiterole, 2 caramel cakes, 2 truffles

Ouch, very bad, but lots of fun. Today I will be very careful as sometimes a day like that can trigger a binge... tread carefully indeed.

Day 9 - so I DO not want to lose that impetus.

xxx

Back