Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Hey katy hope the snow and drive were okay and presentation went well.

Peanut butter EEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUURRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHh I could just be sick at the thought of it unfortunately wish the same could be said about chocolate (tee hee!) but well done you for using the pause and resisting
xxx

:D :D:D I second that Bess. I don't actually like peanut butter on toast / crackers, but love it on its own. My favourite is the Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter, on a spoon and frozen - YUM!

!

Errm, just how did you work out that it was good frozen? There must be whole culinary experiences that I've missed out on!

Hope your drive and presentation went well Katy.... well done to the Oatcake fairy for making them disappear and well done for not caving and having the toast.... I think you plan is a good one to stick too, you are not cheating and it is obviously working if the scales are not going up...

Hi Katy

Hope you are ok hun - can't believe you have got more snow! When will it end?? Bring on the nice spring weather to warm us all up, it's definitely easier to resist then.
Hope the presentation went well x

I made it. Went the long way round to get there (double the time) but all was good. On way back, the mountain/moor road looked clear, snow washed away by rain, so I decided to risk it. BAD MOVE. Five miles in the road began to get steadily worse. Scariest drive ever, 20mph thru thick snow, slipping everywhere, impossible to turn or stop even... no mobile signal... eek. Only other vehicle I saw was a snowplough, but it was in a layby & clearly hadn't been where i was going.
That section of drive would have taken 30 mins, took 60 mins plus. I really think someone was looking out for me... and I learned a lesson. Long way round for me, next time - better safe than sorry.
Forgot my bar, after all that - had a choc biscuit & 2 coffees at event, but not worried at all by the biscuit I will have burned it off & more with the energy spent today! Once home had another hot choc and quorn tea awaits me soon... then a last hot choc for the evening.
As for the spoon tips.... DO NOT encourage me!
Lol.
Hope you've all had a good day.

xxx

Hey Katy, glad to see you are doing ok. Sounds like a scary journey, like a scene from a movie when you realise there is no signal and you can't turn around - so glad it had a happy ending for you.

Totally agree AM - roll on spring and a little bit of warmth!

Have a good evening x

Glad you made it home safely Katy, it's scary driving in snow, I couldn't see anything except huge white whirling flakes on Tuesday night. All gone now though, but I am so fed up of this cold dull weather. I remember mid February half terms in previous years being glorious - even doing hard work outside jobs wearing T shirts! Huh!
Expect you are busy finishing work today, hope it goes well and you can enjoy a bit of a break for a few days. x

Had to take mum to town, so no work done yet... feel tired and a bit PMT-ish, yippee. About to curl up with a mag, will start work about 4 and work thru the evening.

Hope all is good for everyone today... still feeling OK, and steady-ish.

xxx

Glad to hear today is going okay, bad about the PMT feelings tho... is my TOTM this week, I am fine at first but today I am starving hungry, it always happens and I struggle so heard to resist my rumbling stomach....

Katy, hope you've had a good day.

You too, Dis.
It was OK...
hot choc shake
lentil soup in town (no bread)
2 x oatcakes with peanut butter & 1/2 banana
hot choc shake
CD bar

So lentil soup & oatcakes are going to be my protein meal, not quite the plan but acceptable to me anyway.

Hope you are OK too!

xxx

Mmmm, love lentil soup. I think I'll make some tomorrow, love all soup really. Hope the work went ok and the PMT subsided. xx

Thanks... am fine, just felt a bit over-sensitive today. A day with mum can have that effect, but suspect hormones are at work too! Have worked pretty much full on for last 5 hours, so knocking off now... almost, ALMOST there. The weekend should see it done & sent away. Yay!!!

xxx

Katy, hope all goes well with getting this current work finished off.

Hi Katy,
sorry been awol! Sounds like you are doing really well. I think it easy to get all hard on ourselves if we 'alter' the plans as laid out. But as you say, surely allowing this flexibility is better than a complete blow out. At least you counted what you ate today as the 'meal', rather than a cheeky 'extra' which we all know can turn into more.. and more.. Well done you. xx

Good to see you Butterfly... hope you have been OK!
Early start today and hoping for a good, settled CD day and lots of work. Hot choc in a minute or two.

xxx

Sounds like you are trotting along quite happily Katy, fantastic news you are on top of your work and nearly finished!
On the strength of your diary, I went and bought some oatcakes the other day (thin ones) and had high expectations.......
.......Katy, how CAN you eat those things? I love oat based products but got a wave of sweet, then saltiness and sweet again...ewwwww!
Thankfully, thats one thing less for me to eat to excess.
Hope you have a great day :) xxx

yum..oatcakes! agree with you there Katy! but unfortunately I love them a little too muchso don't tend to buy anymore as tend to eat 5 at a time...!!shame!

I love them too, but I think they come in packs of 7! eek!! And they are hard to keep fresh I find, they easily go soggy in a tin.....but 7 is too many even for me.

In Morrisons's once I found tiny packs of the sweet flavoured ones, (love the ginger,) but we only have a Sainsbury's in our nearby town. :sigh:

Hope that the work is going well Katy, we'll all hear a cheer from the frozen North then soon? Mind you, It's so windy and cold today here, the draughts are finding every gap in the house and there are plenty, must be an east wind. Brrrr!! xx

Back