Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Thanks all for posting while I was away... I missed you!

China was amazing. I worked every day except Thursday, but the work was fun and left a little time for exploring too. Beijing is a city that stays open till late on, and my OH was with me and my niece lives in Beijing so she was with us a lot of the time and we got to see a LOT more than I normally see when working away. Fell in love with the place, which was most unexpected!

We saw the Great Wall, the Ming tombs, the Forbidden City, the hutongs and much more... but it was just being there that felt so special. Made new friends, even bumped into some people from SW Scotland... amazing!

Food choices were good for most of week... a lot of tofu & veg, a little rice. Later in week choices less good, with western foods sneaking in... things went wrong on way home, flight delayed 5 hours and we ended up in hotel in Heathrow overnight with food vouchers for not-too-healthy meals, then jet-lag has had me at the chocolate again since getting back. I think I will be able to get it back to normal soon, though, once I have some energy again and am sleeping properly.

I have put on maybe 3lbs which isn't too bad I suppose... I ate more than I normally would while working away as OH was with me, I usually wouldn't eat much in the evenings if by myself. I did have so much fun, though, and my head is still buzzing with everything I have seen, learned and done.

Big hugs to all, hope your weeks have been good also!

xxx

Glad you had a good time Katy, great that your OH was with you too, better than being alone.... sounds a wonderful place to visit..... dont worry about the 3lb, it will soon come off once you start eating normally again.

Wow Katy sounds like you had a wonderful time......... and it was good you went with your OH too..
Those 3 pounds will be back off before you know it hon..
Welcome back hon xxx

The trip sounds amazing! Glad you are back. :) x

Glad you are home safe and sound...what an adventure! Only 3lb Katy? Pah!! I put that on having breakfast this morning :D. Im such an idiot.
Oh well, hope springs eternal each day....xxx

Lol, so good to hear from you all, I missed you too... Sleepy, you make me laugh! I fear 3lbs may have turned into 5, that seems to be the way with me, take a while to pull back after something like that! Sigh. Onwards, ever onwards! Once the jet-lag lifts I have plans for a new, more active me... I tried to put this into action the other day with a 2 hour walk and then slept for the rest of the day & ended up awake all night... so will take it slowly until my body clock is back to normal!

xxx

Hey Katy, Glad you had a great trip and OH got to go too, that's fab!
Nice to see you back, it's been quiet around here!
Have a fab day and good luck with the active Katy!

xx

Mine's hardly ever normal then. Most nights I spend hours reading, having woken and got up at about 2am. I crawl back to bed at 5.30ish in the winter - stay up in the summer. Don't know how I keep going. On the rare occasions I stay in bed and sleep most of the night I feel so much better. Hope your body clock resets itself soon. xx

Katy, your trip to Beijing sounded fab.
Hope you have good weekend, take it easy. :)

How's the jet lag and how are you? :hug99:

Everything OK except the diet, hectic few days and stressful, and some bad choices made... grrr. How's you?

xxx

I think I have had your bad thoughts too. I had a giant cupcake baking tin for mothers day and keep experimenting with it :eek: Trying to get back onto the wagon today though. How was your trip we all want to know:D x

Hey Katy!
(miss you all already so popping in to say hi!)

Hope things are slowly settling down, so the choices become much more simple to make. I know when tired, and stressed it does become so much more difficult to make the right ones at times.

The sun is just about peeping through here, although still cloudy and a little windy too (basically a mixture!) so I think am going to take little man for a wander over the park, before it gets too cold.
The plan being to tire him out, then he can have a nap and I can finish off my assignment. I feel a little like I'm living in constant student mode at the moment with all my work, even though definitely do not have the 'student lifestyle' that goes with it lol!

Have a fab day !!

XX

Just to say, am off on my travels Tues & Weds, much closer to home though, but won't be taking laptop so will be out of contact. Catch up on Thursday, promise!

xxx

Back