Lost lots of weight, but at the point where I might put it all back on???

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
Hi everyone! :)

I've come a long way and have gone from 19st to the top endish of 11st, but I'm at the point now where I've started to binge and crave really bad food (where I never used to before)...

I think this is the make or break point where people say, those who have lost weight usually put it back on and more...

It'd be greatful to hear from anyone that's been in the same boat and how they overcame it???

Thankyouuuuuuuu :)

Firstly - congratulations on the loss...

I don't have any answers for you - i'm in the same boat - temptations are leading me astray after my own loss - and i'm not even (back) at target yet.

The only thing keeping me from going completely off the rails - is remembering where i came from and what differences I've noticed along the way - and not wanting to loose any of that - the increase in confidence, the energy levels going up, everything that i've gained from loosing 15st - basically my life.

I've made various promises to people too that i intend to keep - namely to be on stage next April at Slimming Worlds "Greatest Loser" competition (I won't win it, but i hopefully should be in the top 10 again). If i can crack it till then - then i'll have it cracked for life (plus it's just a darn good day out as well as giving me a target date to work towards).

Remember what you've gained from what you have lost and ask yourself - can i afford to loose that...

I've not been in that position but I think if you're really craving stuff and end up bingeing on it anyway then it might be better if you gave yourself permission to eat them. Work your diet so you can have some occasionally...deprivation IMO is the biggest diet breaker.

Your weight loss so far has been fantastic, really has inspired me. You have come such a long way and it would be terrible to let cravings undo all the hard work so if you actually allow a little of what you're craving into your diet you may not feel the cravings at all.

My diet has changed in just the 5 weeks i've been at it, it started off as low cal as possible all the way but now I realise this is for life, I do not want to live my life craving foods that I won't allow myself, thats not living as far as i'm concerned so if I really crave something I'm going to have it. As small a portion as will satisfy my craving and keep me under calories. I'm unable to burn many calories through exercise at the moment but if you are able then up the level to allow whatever it is you are craving. Once you give yourself permission to eat it guilt free you will probably crave it far less.

Well done Lozzy for standing up and admitting the problem. Its very hard to keep on the straight and narrow, especially as you have come so far. You have achieved a phenomonal weight loss, and you must feel fantastic, so cogratulations for that.

I think Catcrazy has it right when she says you need to give yourself permission to indulge yourself a bit. Just be careful though, dont let a binge take over and put you back where started. Ive been there done that, and its one of the biggest regrets of my life, dont let it happen to you.

You didnt say what it is specifically that you are craving, but im betting its gonna be carb based. I think you should start by keeping a daily diary, it helps to work through what you are dealing with and helps to put it in perspective, good days and bad days, and the support you get here will help keep your goal in mind.

I wish you all the best, keep fighting to keep your lovely slim figure, its worth fighting for.

Lozzy, so how are you at the moment? do you still have the binge cravings. It can be so hard I know, There were times when I was so sorely tempted, I just looked at how well I was doing and thought "I can beat this"

You can see by my photos that I've been where you are...

What I did wrong to gain back the weight:

1. Stopped weighing myself (weekly, daily, whatever)
2. Didn't log my weight weekly/daily
3. Stopped logging onto my weight loss food tracker on line and the message board, the daily updates, etc, just DISAPPEARED
4. Didn't move my 'fat' clothes elsewhere, like the loft. I left them in the wardrobe which meant it wasn't a huge effort for me to grab a larger size and before I knew it, I went from a 10 to an 18.
5. Stopped having my photo taken, whether for weight loss or socially. I needed to see how I was looking.
6. Acted like a naturally thin person. Naturally thin people do not binge in large amounts on hi fat/hi carb foods. They eat normally. Some naturally thin people have a high metabolism and can eat whatever they want. Usually these people are active in fitness or in their jobs OR they have nervous energy. They are not blobs that lay in bed all day, leading me to the next point...
7. Laying in bed all day, too long or at all except to sleep.
8. Stopping exercise or sport.
9. Buying the stuff in the first place. Travel with your money in the boot so you'd have to get out of the car to buy junk or drive through.
10. Better yet, carry little or no cash and keep track of what foodstuffs you do buy.
11. I didn't balance out 'bad' eating days with 'good' ones. I went on a weeklong skyte of bad eating. I didn't reign it in.

Do those help? The fact you're asking this question is a good sign.

I am in the same position! I lost over 9 stone, went from size 24 to size 10. This year has been very tough though, have had a lot of stress. Finally decided to face up to things, including my expanding waistline! I am now a size 12, and have gained 18lbs :-( Pretty gutted! But am determined to deal with it. Am back to tracking all food, taking a day at a time. We CAN DO IT!!!

Hi everyone! :)

I've come a long way and have gone from 19st to the top endish of 11st, but I'm at the point now where I've started to binge and crave really bad food (where I never used to before)...

I think this is the make or break point where people say, those who have lost weight usually put it back on and more...

It'd be greatful to hear from anyone that's been in the same boat and how they overcame it???

Thankyouuuuuuuu :)

personally i try a little controlled indulgence, i.e. for me, every saturday after rugby i'll go to mcdonalds and get a caramel sunday with extra sauce (i really like caramel) . its only 199 calories or so and if i ever get any cravings i just say to myself no, you've got your caramel sundae to look forward to :) takes a little bit of willpower, but having the little treat to look forward to helps :)

Firstly you have done so well to have lost so much weight and I've got to say you look like a completely different person! Looking at your photos has inspired me!

Secondly I've never lost as much as you but I've been 264lbs at my highest and 199 at my lowest and believe me I have felt how you've felt and I've put on all the weight I worked so hard to lose. I think GalwayMum's post gets across all the important points, because those are all the ways I let myself down - I kept thinking "well I'm still smaller than I was" and after few months I was almost at my starting point.
The best advice I can give you is to treat yourself to the foods you love but control them. Making them forbidden makes you more likely to feel a sense of guilt when eating them... and take it from me the taste of food is not worth the guilt that we ascribe to it.
Good luck sweetheart and don't doubt your own strength, you've come so far, you look absolutely gorgeous and believe me you're an inspiration!

xxx

Back