Extra Easy Days Lost : Motivation - Reward if found -

Viixenx

~*I always end up back here*~
I am STRUGGLING with my motivation, at the minute im like 'oh go on 4 biscuits wont hurt me' etc, a little bit of this and that everywhere and going over my 20 syns allowance a day. ( I have 20 syns as my consultant advised it for me, syns work on how muc you weigh)

I start off really work then by lunch time I start to struggle.

The only thing im thinking is that im simply not eating enough sw food.

When I first started i ate and ate and now i stick to 3 meals hardly change my syns etc.

Feel a bit stuck in a rut.

Hi Viixenx, sounds like you might be bit bored with the plan? I get stuck in a rut too, so this year I've been making a conscious effort to try at least one new recipe every week and it's helping.

Maybe have a sit down and take stock of why you started SW in the first place, how you were feeling then, and a refresh on where you want to be going forward. I look at a picture of myself at my heaviest and remember how unhappy I was then, and I never want to go back to that.

To keep my motivation on track I have bought a really pretty summer dress in a size 14, which I'm hoping to fit into by the time we go on hols to Spain in August. It hangs on the outside of my wardrobe and gives my willpower a boost every time I go into my bedroom :)

I also have put a load of clothes away that fitted me when I was slimmer, there are some lovely things and they should fit me again when I get another stone off. Before I put them away I hung the whole lot on my curtain rail and took a photo, so I can look at it an imagine how much fun I'll have trying it all on again when I get this next stone off.

I also look through the inspirational photos, I figure if so many different people in so many different circumstances can do it, then surely I can too.

I find just talking to people on here helps loads.

From your stats you have done brilliantly! You are 2.5 stone down :) Remember how you felt and what you wanted when you started? That hasn't gone away. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far, and a kick up the arse too because you know you can do it :)

Some good pointers by Flashharry there.

I've been at target for a while now & often get asked by my C what keeps me motivated & honestly I don't know. But what I do is always have fruit for snacks, I do like fruit though, save my syns for the evening chocolate or wine, sometimes I use syns in food but not that often.

You could try a non hexa/b breakfast & take an alpen light for snacks at work they're sweet & will keep you on track or you could make a low syn SW cake, oh there is a recipe on here somewhere, I see if I can find it later, that makes biscuits from porridge & eggs I made them but weren't too keen, worth a try.

Try & think of alternatives & prepare them for when you want a snack. If you can keep low syn treats in the house with lots of SW friendly foods, then if you want a quick meal when you get in beans & egg for example are ok.

Sub to diaries on here, it helps you realise you're not alone in this, others feel exactly the same way as you, have you started a diary? start one if not and take pics of your food, I do that & it does help.

good luck.

Back