Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi everybody

I started LL in Mid March and so far am pretty much enjoying it and looking forward to the weigh-in sessions every Wednesday - am with a good bunch of girls of all ages, all with a witty sense of humour, so the 2 hours fly pretty quickly with good banter and a few jokes about the keep fit guy on the video LOL

I have a dream weight goal of 120lb, which is 8.5 stone - this is my pre child weight and I was really happy with my weight back then. I also suffered with pregnancy diabetes, and as I creep up to 40 I realise that at the weight I am now, I am doing myself no favours.

My counsellor tells me that the goal isn't that unreasonable, and it meant I had 5 stone to lose. I am on week 5 now and I have lost (so far) just over a stone. Although my naked morning weight gives me more pleasure than the dressed evening weight :)

I like this group too, plenty of light hearted banter here as well as some real strong support when things get tough
I will be hanging around for a while if its ok :)

The photo section is also a real inspiration

Hi Molly

Well done for choosing to start a diet, you'll soon be very glad you chose to do it.

Cath

Hello All,

I joined LighterLife on 28th of March and I'm just really pleased to find this forum. I even started a blog today, hopefully another tool that will keep me on track. Oh, and my start weight was 23st 3lbs and I'm now on week 4 and 22st 7lbs so I'm 24lbs down. Got a long way to go since my target is 10 stone, but one day I will get there.

x

Soontobeskinny - Good luck for Tuesday, you'll soon be very glad you started, the weight will soon be falling off you.

Sugarmash - hi and welcome, you've found the right place for all the support and LL/diet chat you need. Well done on your loss so far, you're doing brilliantly. There's lots of us with a long way to go, I've still got about another 7 stone to lose so will be here for a long while.

But yes we'll all get there :)

Cath

Hi,

I am now into week 8 of Lighter Life and have been logging onto this site for weeks, (I even checked it out before I joined Lighter Life) and thought it was about time that I actually joined and introduced myself.
It is fascinating to hear of your experiences, the good and bad and how you have all coped. The before and after pictures are an inspiration to us all!
I have been finding the last couple of weeks very hard and have been feeling really low. I have also had this awful soapy taste in my mouth which won't go away (I think it is down to over brushing and mouth washing all the time).
I just want to say that having been able to come onto this site and read your stories/comments has been a big help. Thank you.
:devilangel:

Hi Betty

You and I are at about the same point - I'm just into week 8 too. Good to have you posting - I look forward to hearing how you go on?

I've not had any soapy tastes or anything like that -- may be that it is what you're using to clean your teeth etc.

Cath

Hi Cath,

Thank you for your reply, it is nice to know that other people are going through the same thing as you.
Yes, unfortunately for you all, you will be seeing a lot more posts from me!!
I will keep you posted with how i'm progressing. Can't wait until I am into next week though.

Hiya,:wavey:

I started LL on Thursday and so I am just coming to the end of day 1 and so far so good.

Like other posters I am soooo glad I found this forum, it's nice to know there are others out there going through the same process!

I have only told my husband that I am following this diet and I am planning on keeping everybody else in the dark for as long as possible.... I have had far too many brilliant starts on diets over the past 7 years, this time I just want to do it!!

Hope you are all having a good week :grouphugg:

Trixie xx

:) hi shakermaker!!! I started on wednesday and so far so good! Found this site really useful in these first few days and i'm sure i'll be on it every day!! Some really positive stuff to read that keeps me going, have a great day:wavey: harri

Thanks Harri, good to meet you!

Still feeling good today, was kind of expecting to get into "weird zone" today. Have a light headache and feel cold but after only one full day on the diet I feel as though this is the right diet for me.

I am trying not to think of how long it is till I get to reintroduce food. I am concentrating insetad on how much weight I could have lost by Monday (drop in day) and then how much by next Thursday etc.

Hope it is going well for you too, must get back to work :coffee:

Trix x

Lost 7lbs and im so pleased with myself !!! its given me the dirve to carry on and YES you were all right its getting easier! discovered heating up the choc shake which is actually tasting quite delicious! not yet got into the peanut bars but Im working on them! Thanks for all your support and reading all your stories and seeing how well you have done has really spurred me on!!

Have a great day xxx

Hi to all new members,

Well done with your weight loss. Keep up the good work and keep coming back here. It really helps even if you are not posting.

I think everyone will agree, you will have ups and downs but be strong and stick with it.

Good luck to you all and I look forward to reading about your experiences.

:D had my first:airquote:pop -in :airquote:with my counsellor and group today..... sooooo pleased with myself, 8.5 lbs gone in four days! This is really going to work for me this time! :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

hiya im vicky im nearly 20, i only started the cd two weeks ago because i gained alot of weight and i started getting realy unhappy. but my mum has done this diet and she did really well so im trying my best, but i work nights so this week was really hard, but ive already lost 10 pounds so im please. nice to meet you all xx

Hi I'm Sam...Forum name RED...

You've probably seen me lurking around since last week...I have a thread...where I have been talking of my struggles so far!!
I have manged to loose 6lbs last week and I am determined to get into ketosis this week!!!
I have around 5st to loose...
Good luck any other new starters....keep going those well in...and well done to all that have finished and are maintaining!!!

Hey another Sam here too.

Was recomended this site from someone and looks fab.

I am only in week one so far to go. Got my first weigh in tonight. Looking forward to being part of this group

:wave_cry: :help2: hi all - i too am new to this am half way through week 3 of LL and have lost 13.5lbs so far - am a bit down today so hoping for some inspiration !!!

Im new

HI,my name is christina iv'e pinched my black cats name for my log in name:) Ive resently joined minimins and it's inspired me to join LL.I have had some trouble getting signed off by my doctor but have been in contact with my LLc and she's put me on the right track.Really enjoy looking at everyones posts and inspired by the great weight losses.so i hope to hear all of your news.
take care,snooky cat xxxxxx

Back