LottieBird's SnS Diary

lottiebird

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am starting SnS on Monday, I can't wait! I have been plateauing for ages, I was on SW for a year, then JUDDD since Feb. I can't wait to get those scales moving again!

I really love JUDDD but I lack control, hence the plateau. I am hoping that doing 4 packs a day with no other food for a few months will help me to improve my perspective on food and hunger. Sort of like taking a step back from choosing what to eat, if that makes sense.

I am not planning on easing myself into it by going low carb, I fully intend to enjoy eating this weekend and then Monday is day one. I am really excited! I read that I can expect to lose a stone a month. I have been looking around the forums to see how people have done on 4 packs and no food over a few months, but I am mostly finding week 1 results, or people doing the lifestyle plan, so if anyone can share this info from their experience that would be great :)

A bit of background:

I started life as a very hungry baby (according to my mum), and well... nothing ever really changed. I was overweight as a child, and by the time I was 9 I had been to dieticians and slimming clubs, with minimal results. I became a secret eater and started to binge eat regularly. My struggles continued throughout my teens, where I tried a variety of pills, potions, fad diets, the whole caboodle. Lots of misery, and not so many results either.

I got up to 20 stone at 18 years old, at which point my mother offered to pay for me to have weight loss surgery overseas. I went for a gastric band implant, and dropped 9 stone without batting an eyelid. I continued eating whatever I wanted, and the gastric band enabled me to just throw it all up with no effort. I think I was too young, and not truly ready to change. This continued until suddenly I couldn't keep anything down at all, including water. I had to have my gastric band removed as my body had started to reject it, after having it for 10 years.

In my mind, I was at my goal weight, and all I would need to do was maintain it... How naive is that? My weight ballooned and I regained all but 2 stone of the weight I had lost in a very short time. I was eating in secret and binge-eating on thousands of calories, so I don't know what else I expected to happen. My mental health really suffered, and this had a further impact on my eating, and I just got into a really bad, self-destruct cycle. Eventually I had to leave the city I was living in and make a fresh start. so me and my then-boyfriend (now husband) packed up and left.

In January 2012 I joined Slimming World. This went well, and I lost just shy of 3 stone. Then for reasons I can't put my finger on, my binge-eating started to really escalate again. I decided to seek professional help, and was referred to a support group by my GP. I had already done a lot of reading on the topic, and the group leaders really reinforced what I already knew. The downfall was that medicalising my eating in this way gave me a sense of freedom to eat even more. I would think "Some people in the group binge 5 nights a week, so its okay for me to binge 3". I moved to JUDDD in February, good losses to start but my intake on up days was ridiculous.

I am 31, live in Northamptonshire with my husband Luke and our cat-child Luni (yes I am a crazy cat lady). We just bought our first home in December, and life is treating me kindly at the moment :)

Last edited:
Hiya

I hope you get on well with this diet ive just completed week 1 and im on week 2 so far im enjoying it and the weight loss is amazing. Ive been known to be a secret eater but then if my bf seen me eating lots of chocolate he would say something so thus has lead me to secretly eat. In past ive binge eaten and i wasnt even hungry but there i was ramming mash potato in my mouth at 11pm. Naughty me

Anyway a stone in first 3 weeks is pretty common and then a stone a month so youll soon see amazing results

Thanks miss vlcd :) I have seen your posts around the forum, I will be delighted if I can have results like yours! Well done to you x

Youll get the same results as me just got to stick to diet 100% im pleased as im not that big to start with and im throwing the weight off.

they suggested adding in some food for a week after 12 weeks anyways right? so even if you're not at goal then you'd have a break then anyway :)

That's very true! I think I will challenge myself to do 4 packs only for the 12 weeks, I think having 3 plus food sounds risky knowing myself as I do :) can't wait to see what I can achieve in that time :) with the weather improving my activity levels will be increasing too, nothing drastic, just more walks with my OH in the evenings, as we enjoy that.

Hi there. Here to subscribe. I can relate to so many things that you described here. I'm a massive emotional eater. I eat when I'm unhappy and because I have been just that for quite a few years my weight kept going up and up.
We are all here for each other and I find this site a complete blessing.
Reading your story gave me some food for thought. I think it's time to start addressing the issues I have with the food now.
Thank you for being so open and honest and good luck with your journey.
:)

Hi there. Here to subscribe. I can relate to so many things that you described here. I'm a massive emotional eater. I eat when I'm unhappy and because I have been just that for quite a few years my weight kept going up and up.
We are all here for each other and I find this site a complete blessing.
Reading your story gave me some food for thought. I think it's time to start addressing the issues I have with the food now.
Thank you for being so open and honest and good luck with your journey.
:)

Hi Slim and Happy! Thanks for replying. This forum is a great place, and we really can help eachother through the hard times.

I eat with any emotions, even happiness! Weird. I'm hoping I can spend my time on SnS reflecting on these behaviours so I can move on for good.

- Popping in to subscribe - as I've foolishly replied on the other diary!!

I also have a cat-child :D Cats are AWESOME.

I think most of us eat for our emotions here, I remember that I gained about 5 stone when I got together with my current boyfriend (of 8 years...). BUT, to be fair, he gained quite a bit of weight too. LOL. It's probably why we work together, because we both have to watch calories and lose weight at certain times.
When we're happy, we eat... when we drown our sorrow, we eat... when we're bored... we also eat...

All in all, think we need to find a hobby! xD ... that doesn't involve food! ... I think I may take up crossbow shooting... it really appeals to the 'Troll Hunter' in me xD... oh deary me.

You already have a minion - little cat... stick some wings and hooves on him and voila! ... speaking of minions, mine's just trying to climb on my lap now... o.o

ARGGHH being cat attacked!!!

Minerva, in reply to your post in my wrong diary :doh: I am ok not eating, its when I eat that it all gets a bit messy! I have loads of self-help tools, and my binge-eating and secret eating are pretty well controlled as I am in a much better place mentally. If I see any behaviours reappearing, I will be off SnS like a shot. OH will see to that :) He is my forced "consultant" so to speak, gives me lots of advice, and I have asked him to weigh me in every monday, take a nude photo of me every month (he was keen on that) and keep the scales under lock and key between weigh-ins. Its been hard work breaking out of binge-eating, it really is such a cycle, so I am really quite determined not to risk going back into that.

Sounds like your cat would be a better minion than mine, he is such a sweet boy that even when we play-fight he keeps his claws in and just air-bites me :)

That's very true! I think I will challenge myself to do 4 packs only for the 12 weeks, I think having 3 plus food sounds risky knowing myself as I do :) can't wait to see what I can achieve in that time :) with the weather improving my activity levels will be increasing too, nothing drastic, just more walks with my OH in the evenings, as we enjoy that.

the walks sound nice =).

I'm doing the same, sticking to 4 packs without food, so much easier for me x

Minerva, in reply to your post in my wrong diary :doh: I am ok not eating, its when I eat that it all gets a bit messy! I have loads of self-help tools, and my binge-eating and secret eating are pretty well controlled as I am in a much better place mentally. If I see any behaviours reappearing, I will be off SnS like a shot. OH will see to that :) He is my forced "consultant" so to speak, gives me lots of advice, and I have asked him to weigh me in every monday, take a nude photo of me every month (he was keen on that) and keep the scales under lock and key between weigh-ins. Its been hard work breaking out of binge-eating, it really is such a cycle, so I am really quite determined not to risk going back into that.

Sounds like your cat would be a better minion than mine, he is such a sweet boy that even when we play-fight he keeps his claws in and just air-bites me :)

Sounds like you're in a good frame of mind and have some fantastic support! :D That's the key really. I hope with time you'll find that you can trust yourself a little bit more and more. It takes a little practice and evaluating things as you go along... and not being afraid of mistakes when they happen. :)
I have a very supporting other half as well, but he doesn't quite get 'binge eating' in the self-destructive way (like you and I have done...); he's more of a social binge eater, he'll go at it without hiding it. BUT he supports me in whatever I do and also gives some FANTASTIC advice when I need it. :D LOL at the nude photo! That's kinda cute to be honest :p

Unfortunately the best way (that I've found) to cure binge eating... is ... well. To stop eating for a very long time. ...sounds stupid, I know. But, this VLCD thing really does help with that. Fortunately for me, food could be banned from the house for the start as OH also did SnS for the first 3 months with me. I'm not sure that's an option for you, but... it certainly makes it so much easier.

x

Aw your cat sounds like a dream! :D Mine is also very calm and collected, he knows that *I* am the boss, not him. My OH however is a tier below him and gets play attacked on occasion. Lol. I have to rescue poor 6"3-damsel-in-distress from cat. KEK. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you're in a good frame of mind and have some fantastic support! :D That's the key really. I hope with time you'll find that you can trust yourself a little bit more and more. It takes a little practice and evaluating things as you go along... and not being afraid of mistakes when they happen. :)
I have a very supporting other half as well, but he doesn't quite get 'binge eating' in the self-destructive way (like you and I have done...); he's more of a social binge eater, he'll go at it without hiding it. BUT he supports me in whatever I do and also gives some FANTASTIC advice when I need it. :D LOL at the nude photo! That's kinda cute to be honest :p

Unfortunately the best way (that I've found) to cure binge eating... is ... well. To stop eating for a very long time. ...sounds stupid, I know. But, this VLCD thing really does help with that. Fortunately for me, food could be banned from the house for the start as OH also did SnS for the first 3 months with me. I'm not sure that's an option for you, but... it certainly makes it so much easier.

x

Aw your cat sounds like a dream! :D Mine is also very calm and collected, he knows that *I* am the boss, not him. My OH however is a tier below him and gets play attacked on occasion. Lol. I have to rescue poor 6"3-damsel-in-distress from cat. KEK. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi LottieBird hope you don't mind me joining in on your diary. You seem in a good frame of mind. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there battybelle, thanks and welcome!

Minerva - my OH will eat elsewhere quite often which is helpful. Smells of food is a big trigger for me, so he eats things that don't smell too tempting like cereal. I also plan to have a nice long bath when he is having dinner each night.

Mr Bird had a headache this evening so we had a lie down, accidentally fell asleep and have just woke up. Oops! Will be up all night now!

I am just about to go out and get my brand-spanking new scales I have just ordered. My old ones were so inaccurate, fingers crossed these ones are consistent!

Every Saturday me and my OH go out for breakfast at a local cafe, it's the one thing I am going to miss most! It's become a real tradition for us. So today will be the last time for quite a few months. It will be worth the sacrifice :)

Back