Lottie's Diary

Well i blew my diet tonight. My husband was away tonight so i didn't have anybody to keep me in check, and I was just very weak willed, bored and tired! Ironically, i am still up at nearly 2 a.m. Feeling guilty and overthinking things.

I really want to succeed but i do wonder whether vlcd is too restrictive for me. I have a history of a binge eating disorder so i probably shouldn't really be tempting fate. The fast losses are so tempting though, i just wanna get over and done with. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to address the root problem. In fact the restriction seem to have the opposite effect and makes me overeat more.

In reality i really need to be working on my relationship with food. I want to nourish my body and learn how to take care of myself properly. The quick fixes just aren't sustainable. And i just end up angry at myself for failing.

When my husband comes home tomorrow, i will have a good chat with him. He is always a good source of advice, and i always tell him when i have fallen off the wagon. I started doing this after i was diagnosed with binge eating disorder and i have found it really helpful overall. I couldn't bring myself to tell him tonight when he called, but i know i will tell him tomorrow. It just gets really embarrassing as i have failed so many times before.

My plans for tonight is to sleep on it. In the morning i will have my shake as usual. I haven't thought past that point yet. But i do think its more obvious every time i try vlcd that my heart isn't in it.

I'm still feeling confused today about what I'm doing! I've just gone straight back on plan while I think about it. I think I might keep going for up to 12 weeks (as best I can) and then swap to a food based diet. I may well change my mind, but that's my current thinking.

I really must stop over-thinking things and focus on the doing

Oh Lottie you poor thing, it's so easy to stray from a vlcd, they are such hard going - so don't be hard on yourself.

But I do think you are doing the right thing by questioning what is going to be the right approach to dealing sensibly with the core problem. I also have an issue with binge eating, tried every quick fix going, fell off the wagon every time and gained back.

I don't want to sound like an oily used car salesman, but even after just a few days I can really recommend SW. I know you were toying with it, so why not join up now? The vlcd stuff you have will keep. SW has coupons out in womens mags, etc so you don't have a joining fee (I think) so try it for a week? xxxx

Hi, thanks for your words! I have done slimming world before and lost a few stone. I know it works, and I enjoyed it. Well, not the meetings to be honest But the food was good and I felt really healthy. I work different hours now, so I will take a look at the meetings near me and give it some serious thought.

Had a good chat with my husband. What I'm going to do is have around 1700kcals per day and see what happens. MFP recommends this amount for me to lose 1.5 lbs per week. I figure it will give me more flexibility than a rigid plan and I can experiment more. I'm also going to be more active. It seems like a good idea to us.

Healthy eating and exercise - it's not exactly rocket science!

LOL no it's not - and you can do it!

1700 sounds like a good approach to me - calorie counting was how Tracy lost her weight and Stackie is doing really well on it too - so they are the proof right here that it works! :D

I'm having a lazy day. TOTM is due soon so it's really nice to be snuggled up next to the hubby

Still going strong with the calorie counting, I'm logging everything on MFP and weighing my food. I had a large bowl of muesli for lunch, with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Feels good to fill up on nutritious food for a change.

I am going to spend some time today meal planning, I think it's especially important during the week when I'm at work. I'm going to make some small egg fritatas a bit later to take tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm going to add a good whack of veg too, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Looking forward to them already

lottie your doing brill love x x x

I'm having a lazy day. TOTM is due soon so it's really nice to be snuggled up next to the hubby 

Still going strong with the calorie counting, I'm logging everything on MFP and weighing my food. I had a large bowl of muesli for lunch, with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Feels good to fill up on nutritious food for a change.

I am going to spend some time today meal planning, I think it's especially important during the week when I'm at work. I'm going to make some small egg fritatas a bit later to take tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm going to add a good whack of veg too, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Looking forward to them already 

Glad its going well :D I agree meal planning is so helpful otherwise in a busy week you realise you haven't got stuff for meals and end up eating stuff you shouldn't!

Sometiems it takes a while to find out what works for us :) the 1700 cals sounds a better idea for you :) Good luck hun x

Glad its going well :D I agree meal planning is so helpful otherwise in a busy week you realise you haven't got stuff for meals and end up eating stuff you shouldn't!

That's exactly what causes me to fall off the wagon! But now - I'm just a Planning Machine :D

I'm having a lazy day. TOTM is due soon so it's really nice to be snuggled up next to the hubby 

I am going to spend some time today meal planning, I think it's especially important during the week when I'm at work. I'm going to make some small egg fritatas a bit later to take tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm going to add a good whack of veg too, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Looking forward to them already 

Hi Lottie! I’ve been reading your last few posts and can relate – I started doing SW a few years ago and it worked for a bit but then I fell off the wagon and even getting married wasn’t enough to boot me in the right direction. I’ve been doing a mixture of shakes and CC since last July and I have gradually increased my calories over that period as I need to sustain this as a way of life not just a quick fix.

Sometimes like you I wonder how long I can do this for but as you said you need to take each day as it comes otherwise I think I have a tendency to get very down about it all and start thinking I could easily go down a slippery slope like I did post SW. I’ve found it really empowering doing this alone without a group to attend because at the end of the day it’s all about a lifestyle change.

Would love to hear about the frittatas… sounds good! There are so many things you can do with eggs aren’t there?

Hope you have a positive week! :)

Just a quickie to say I'm still going well, but having an awful TOTM! GRR..

Hi Rachella Yes, lifestyle change is exactly what it's about! Just going day-to-day, and logging everything.
I have gone over some days but been under most days. I was too scared to weigh in as TOTM and I know how badly that affects my weight, so I decided not to torture myself!

I'm not sure if I'm going to lose eating as I am currently, but by keeping track at least I know what I'm having so I can adjust if I need to. I'm learning at least! It's not a race, I keep telling myself that

I was too scared to weigh in as TOTM and I know how badly that affects my weight, so I decided not to torture myself!

So, don't weigh yourself, hun. You will soon know from your clothes and so on whether you're losing or not. I read posts from a woman on the forum somewhere who only weighs herself once a month!

Sorry to hear about the totm :( Hope it passes soon!

Back