love atkins

Morning all, another lb off in 4 days, so happy with that. oh away this weekend so I won't be tempted with the wine.
Having smoothie for two meal a day over the weekend and then just meat and veg for dinner.
Hope you all have a good weekend

Morning all, just a quick update, I am off the the airport in a few mins, going to visit a friend in France for a few days....Will I be able to resist the bread and croissants! When I comeback from France I am going away with oh to Italy for ten days....pasta and pizza!
A loss this week of 1/2 lb, not much but at least it is not up. Still having smoothies and lowish carb. My last pt session was yesterday, I will really miss them but I am going to start circuit training when I get back, max 10 in the class, so no chance of slacking in the class, I need someone shouting at me?.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Hi all, it is so long since I have been on here. Needless to say I did not behave in France or Italy!
When I came back I decided to get a food allergy test done, it came back saying I shouldn't eat any grains or yeast. So for the last 2 weeks I have totally stopped all the grains, giving up yeast is more difficult than I thought, it is lots of things, stock cubes, vinegar,soy, salad dressings etc
So I am definitely back on low carb, in the last 2 weeks I have lost 7 lb, even though I have been eating about 35gr of carbs a day, I am eating some higher carb veg and also berries.
My focus has really returned and I feel great, even though I have 13 lb to get to my posted weight. I am giving myself til next July to get to my target weight, if I am not there by then I will just accept whatever weight I am at then. I really don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to loose weight, life has to be about more than weight!!

On the way to bed the new year and new me starts tomorrow. Will update and catch up in the morning,!

Hi sammy HNY!

Hi all, I haven't been on here in such a long time. I did not make any headway in January, but did not put on any weight either. I am just back from a holiday and ready to start so that I am at a happy weight for the summer. I have been thinking over the last month that I need the weekly weigh in at a club to keep me in line, my motivation on my own has gone walkabout. I was going to join ww just for the weigh in, but thought it was a bit expensive when I was not going to follow their diet.
But.......just before I went on holidays I heard about a new slimming club starting near me. It is basically an Atkins/paleo/ primal diet with a HIIT exercise class included, even better it is cheaper than ww. I am so pleased as I enjoy this way of eating but also want a class. My first day is tomorrow, so wish me luck, I will probably start a new diary in the paleo/primal section.
i'll check back here now and again.

Hi it's called ksfl....short for kick start fat loss. It starts with a 28 day detox, then you gradually add back in coffee tea etc and dairy. Low carb, moderate protein and fat. No processed foods. The final part, when you have reached the weight you are happy with learning how to carb cycle. Sounds good to me ...hope I can keep to the detox, but apparently you are allowed a treat meal once a week.

Ooooh that sounds ideal! So many clubs coming round to the low carb WOE. Nothing near me, but I live in hope. Good luck! :)

S x

Hi all, 2 weeks into the regime. I have lost 5 lb and 2 inches off my waist! Enjoying this way of eating and the exercise. Finding it difficult to get in the water but the meal off plan at the weekend is great. Weigh in on a Wed which I find is good. When I used to weigh in on a Fri if I had a good week I tended to treat myself at the weekend and if I had no loss I ate thinking this is not working. I would be happy with a 1 lb loss every week from now on.

A pound a week is fantastic - if you can lose slowly and steadily you've cracked it Sammy! I've stalled big time and need to get back to proper low carb eating now.

Hi all, another 2 weeks done and another 2 lb down and another inch off the waist, really pleased with that. Still enjoying the food but this weekend will be hard, out Sat night , mothers day sun and out again on Mon. So a sts would be great next week. Exercise going well hiit, spinning and rebound now, also walking each day. I've treated myself to a fitbit, it really motivated to get the steps in.
It is very quiet on here now.

Well it is over 2 years since I posted here. Weight back to 173lb, not very happy with that. I've tried lots of diets in the last 2 years...looking for the miracle... So I am back to Atkins as I know it works when I stick with it. Today is my 3rd day, Just need to keep with it for the next 2 days and then hopefully the xarb craving S will be gone.
It's very quiet on here now, Atkins seems to have fallen out of favour despite all the recent news that low xarb is the way to go.

Hi Sammy! Yes very quiet indeed. Don't despair, you'll shift the weight soon, it's so easy to put on and so hard to take off!

I'm thinking of starting Harcombe next week. Phase 1 is similar to Atkins but no dairy except plain yogurt and I can have a little brown rice or porridge every day, a bit higher in carbs but I think it will be good for me.

Good luck to us both!

Back