love atkins

Afternoon all, Atkins went well yesterday, stuck by the plan with just a mini belle cheese added on.

Today
B baked eggs
L wrap with ham,mayo and salad leaves
D rack of lamb with parmigiana (can't wait)
S baby belle and coleslaw
W 1 have had 11/2ltrs, just need to drink another 1/2.

Morning all, another good day yesterday.
Lots of water
B bulletproof coffee
L rhubarb and Greek yog
D game topped with prawns, pesto and mozzarella with spinach
S chilli cheese crisps

Off th pt now and weigh in, nsv I put on a fitted t shirt for the gym today.... Up til now I have been wearing one of OH t shirts!!
I will post todays menu later. I hope you all have a good day.

Game should have said hake!!

Well done on never - good one:). And rhubarb...what a great idea for the weekend!

Morning all, ididntget on here over the weekend. A sts on Fri, a bit disappointed with that....ate well over the weekend, although probably too many cals. Going to do a downday today.

Eggs, rhubarb and yogurt ( not altogether!) I hope you all had a good weekend

Lol thought you had some kind of exotic game when i read it the other day but did think topped with prawns was unusual. x

It sounds like a lot of people are off track at the moment. I blame it on the weather :D

Evening all, this week has gone well, down 2lb today after a sts last week. I am away for the next few days, back on Mon, then out for dinner tues and Wed night, so I dread to think what the scales will say next week. I know I will be off plan, so gong to try to keep carbs as low as possible and watch the cals.

Hi all, I can't believe it is nearly 3 months since i was on here. I have had a great summer, but all the weight is back on. Today is a new start, over the last year I have been feeling sorry for myself, my 2 eldest daughters have been away, The eldest in New York working and the middle one in France on an erasmus year.Yesterday my youngest went away to college and middle one went back to college, so me and OH are on our own after 24 years with kids around. So I have a choice spend another year being sad or embrace the next phase of my life, I have decided to embrace the next phase (I hope).
I am going to spend the next 3 months focusing totally on myself, on my relationship and on sorting the house and garden. Over the summer I have been downloading lots of health books to my kindle to decide exactly how I am going to loose the weight. I have read books on juicing, making green smoothies and low carbing.
I am going to start on the green smoothies and see how I get on, when I get bored with that I will do a no sugar no grain diet (although the green smoothie diet is no sugar, other that fruits and also no grain),but the no sugar no grain allows for more foods, when that stops working I will then look to reducing the carbs. I am currently reading a book where the author recommends keeping an eye on the amount of protein that we eat as excess protein converts to glucose and can affect weight loss when low carbing.
I won't be keeping a food diary on here but will update on a weekly basis as to how I am doing. I hope nobody minds me keeping the diary here even though I won't be following Atkins. I want to remind myself of my goals any time I want to give up. I have a significant birthday next July and I am determined to be at my target weight by then, which is very doable.

Great to see you back Sammy. Wow that is a big change with all of them gone. My boy left 2 years ago for uni in the US and he left again last tuesday. I went off the rails with food but now see the good side to the next phase of my life - no more school runs, being the taxi, kitchen just the way you left it in the morning etc. lol. Difficult though so well done to celebrate the next phase.

PogMoma is our resident juicer she's done amazing with it.

I'm doing a low GL and feel great and lots of energy eating that way and I can do it low calorie and lower carb naturally, but best advice I can give is to do a plan that you feel good on and can both lose and maintain with and you'll be fine. Good luck x

Ooh funny Val should mention me on here ;)

I don't update what I eat either on my diary but mine is loosely around Jason Vale's fruit and veg juices plus other food. I've been pigging out a bit in the past week due to vague totm cravings but other than that, I find it suits me well.

Do you follow anyone's smoothie plans or do you just do your own thing? I for one would be interested in sharing recipes and progress :) x

Hi Sammy, definitely keep posting please:) and good luck with the smoothies!

Hi there
My boy about to leave for uni too so feeling bit emotional at the moment , look forward to hearing about the smoothies :)

Hi all, I am having problems posting to site, hopefully it will work this time. Been doing smoothies with one clean and green meal a day, I have lost 5 lb in the last ten days, but I think I could have done better on Atkins. So I have decided to go back to Atkins with one smoothie a day, if I make the smoothie with berries it is only 11carbs, so very doable with Atkins. From one of the many low carb books I have read over the summer it appears if you eat too much protein the excess protein turns into sugar, just like carbs. So I will try to keep my carbs to 88gr a day, that means I need to eat at least 100gr of fat a day, so lots of butter, coconut oil and cream. I will do this for the next 9 days ( I want sat to be my weigh in day), and see how I get on.

That 88gr of carbs should read 88gr of protein:rolleyes:

Well done, 5lbs in tens days is a great result especially if you don't have much to lose. You get a good initial weight loss on Atkins but remember after the first couple of weeks it's really like any other plan in terms of weight loss per week. (at least for me) Good luck :)

Good loss:) yes some people find they are eating too much protein - depends how sensitive you are. Also sometimes if have a lot of lean protein then appetite not satisfied. My go to back up is salamis or other fatty meat.

Back