love atkins

Another day in track, I even managed 2 ltrs of water, after reading a post by sandy.

B bacon and egg
L left over dinner from last night
D beef curry with salad
Total carbs 17.

Nice work staying on track! I'm trying to do 'official' weighs only once a month now too.

Hi all, I haven't been on here in a while, my dad passed away a month ago after a short illness. All dieting went out the window, lots of comfort food, mostly carbs. I did try to do ww so I could eat carbs but that just got the cravings going and I couldn't keep to it, so back to atkins again.
When I did atkins properly I lost weight, albeit at a slow rate. What I missed most was berries, yogurt, proper gravy/ sauces and the higher carb veg. So for the moment I am going to do induction until I am in ketosis and then I will move up the carb ladder whilst still keeping an eye on the calories. Hopefully by keeping a more flexible approach I will be able to keep my focus. At this time I just want to stop the weight increase and get my comfort eating under control. All the weight I lost last year is all back on....sigh.

So sorry to hear about your dad Sammy, tough times indeed, sending hugs to you. :bighug:

It looks like you don't have much to lose, so maybe instead of induction go onto the second rung and include yogurt and berries?

Oh big hugs from me too Sammy - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad xxxxxx

Of course any kind of eating plan goes out the window during times like these, when my mum was ill the entire family lived on fish and chips every night...

I agree with Val - why not go straight on to OWL, then you'll get the berries, etc that you crave :)

Morning ladies, than for your kind words. I only plan on doing induction for 3 or 4 days, then I will move to owl. My stats are not correct, I am posting from my phone at the moment, I will update them at the weekend, I am about 10 lb from posted.

Good day yesterday, mainly bacon, eggs, salad, burger and a small amount of coleslaw. Taking one day at a time.

I have not got around any of the diaries but will catch up over the weekend, lots of the regulars seem to have stopped posting. I must say hello to all the newbies.

I'm so sorry to hear your news, my heart goes out to you. Don't, please, beat yourself up over taking comfort any way you could / can.

Your plan sounds great to me - one thing I found while increasing my carbs recently is how hard it is to overeat carbs while eating 'clean' - with no wheat / sugar / major starches.

Even adding a banana and berries and butternut my carb levels weren't crazy high and I could certainly find ways to fit those into owl.

I also discovered alpro simply plain yogurt - 2g carbs per 100g and lovely with sweetener mixed in.

Remember a large part of your gain will just be water and will come off in no time.

So sorry to hear your sad news, definitely take one day at a time and don't be too hard on yourself food wise. Take care x

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. Well I have more or less to atkins for the last week. I have added in berries and alpro yogurt (thanks ML the yogurt is lovely) in the last two days and am really enjoying them, I have added a scoop of whey protein powder to the yogurt, to make it more filling. All other food is induction friendly. I haven't been on the scales yet, waiting until sat, but I don't feel as bloated as I did last week.
Also when I eat Greek yog, I find it hard to stop at 100gr, keep going back to the fridge for more, but I don't find that with the alpro.
Hope you are all having a good day.

Just in from night out to a friends house, little too much wine but all the rest low carb... I think, resisted baked cheesecake, so pleased with myself.
The protein powder I use is pulsin, 10 gr is 37 cals, 9 gr protein, .2 gr carbs and .1 of fat. Fat is low but carbs are also low and it is tasteless So you can add it to anything.
Off to bed now.

Sorry about your sad news, nothing prepares you in life for that! I had a grief counsellor when my mum passed which did help. I didnt go for that when my Dad died, i wish i had! Take care x

Which alpro yogurt?

Hi all, I am still around but struggling. I have upped the carbs to 50 and keeping cals to 1500ish. I have seen moonlights post re eating your maintenance cals at target weight in order to loose weight so on a tough day I will try not to eat above that figure. I am also reading the becks solution and gave got the the day where you are supposed to enlist the help of a diet coach, so I am going to use minimins as my coach, so I will be posting when the going gets tough and will welcome lots of support.
@ stubsey....I use the plain alpro yog, it dosent taste like normal yog, it has more of a custardy taste.
Hope you are all having a good day.

Sounds a good plan Sammy with the carbs and cals. Are you on MFP Sammy, it helps keep me accountable.

We're all here for you x

Hi Sammy

Just popping in to say hi xxx

I use MFP too, as ladyfelsham - really love it, especially on the current woe.

Morning all, I am pleased to say I have lost 2 lb since last Thurs. So 1500 cals and 50gr carbs seems to be working at the moment so I will carry on with that and review if the losses stop. I have some lovely veg last night, mashed brocolli and leeks, so a change from cauliflour mash.
Hope you all have a good week, I am off now for a long walk with a friend.....instead of meeting for coffee.

Brilliant Sammy, sounds like a good plan. And mm broccoli. I keep meaning to have some myself.

Well done on the loss Sammy - and on the walk - it feels like a nice albeit slightly blowy almost spring day out there :)

How was the mashed broccoli? It's about the only green veg i don't particularly like, so that sounds like a good way to get it down me :D

Back