love atkins

Sammy thanks for the tip on the mashed broccoli - I tried broccoli and cauli mash the other night (just made from frozen florets) and it was lovely :D

Great to have found a palatable way of eating the dreaded broccoli :)

Morning all, well after a bad weekend the 2lb is back on....sigh. I have been looking back over my diary and see that it is exactly 52 weeks since I started......only 6 lb less than this time last year....not very good. I am going away on hols with oh in 7 weeks, going away for 10 days just need to book it. It is the first proper hols we will have been on on our own since our eldest was born 22 years ago! We have been away for weekends. So I really want to get back to posted weight for that.
So back on the clean and green for the next 2 weeks. I have decided that alcohol needs to get knocked on the head til then. I know that it stalls me, but have been ignoring that in the last year.
I am going to start posting menus again as that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

So today
B bacon and egg
L tuna salad
D chicken topped with mayo and parmesan with mashed cauliflour
S not sure yet
2 ltrs of water.

Morning all, we are going to lake garda in Italy, flights are booked just need to decide on hotel. I had a great day yesterday, kept totally to plan...even drank the water. I made some lovely cinnamon muffins, he'd one as a snack, used a receipe I found on the dukan site and amended it to be atkins friendly. I don't like mims but these were great.

Today
B cinnamon muffin
L bacon egg and mushrooms
D salmon with salad
S might make more muffins

Lovely, I've been to Garda and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was there when 9/11 happened, we had to stay an extra 4 days as couldn't get home for some reason due to flights. It was a lovely place to get stuck!

Ohhh Garda is lovely - I stayed in Riva Del Garda a couple of years ago - but always fancied staying in Limone, a little lakeside village, you have to get the ferry there.

Hi all, I think we have decided on sirmione. We have to lake garde once before....can't remember exactly where, but it was a campsite....when the kids were small...can't wait.
Another good day yesterday. But didn't drink all the water,I always struggle with that
Today
B bacon and egg
L ginger muffins with lemon curd and cream (divine)
D beef stifado with cabbage
Hope you are all having a good day.

Hi, another good day yesterday and again today....so far.
B baby bell cheese .not very hungry
L celeriac chips and fries egg
D bacon, egg and sausage...everyday out so the easiest thing to cook
S yogurt with lemon curd

I think I might give the muffins a rest for a few days...the flax is having an effect!!!
Hope you all had a good day.

Morning all, ihad a good weekend....but OH birthday yesterday and I had wine and cake. So back on today. It is 6 weej to my hols, so focus needs to stay for the next few weeks, I really want to get back to posted weight. Just back from an good long walk, glorious weather here..summer is on the way, I hope! Hope you all have a good day.

Well I never really got back into the swung, nut I have kept my weight steady by low carbing and watching calories, around 1750 per day average. Going on hols in 2 weeks so hope to loose a bit before then, I would love to be at my current weight when I get back, I am currently 4 lb above posted weight.
So my goal for the rest of the summer is to be at this weight on 1st Sept. I feel as if I have been dieting for the last year but not really making any real headway, so the last month has been good, just trying to eat normally...whatever that is. I want to continue that for the next few months and then make a final effort come September.
I hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weekend.

You can do it! Oh and by the way hia :) I've been avidly reading a, the diaries to keep me going on my journey whilst waiting for my account to be activated. I noticed a lot from my many months of reading in these diaries and the same thing strikes me over and over. You all have the keys to the correct door but sometimes the key drops and you just need to pick it off the floor and try again. I hope you are well?

Morning all, thanks goldi and results for popping in.
A great day yesterday, I went to the gym....350cals on cardio, not too sure I believe that! Excellent atkins day just protein salad and mayo. I hope to continue hat today. I have been reading a few freebis I downloaded to my kindle about weight loss and motivation techniques, so I am going to implement some of them. Hope you all have a good day.

Hi Sammy, anything like that that may help keep motivated is always good to have around. I am not sure I believe the cals burned own these things either but hey who knows. Hope the rest of your day goes well :)

Hi all, another good day...long may it last..one glitch, a coffee that cost me 43 carbs!! Other than that all atkins friendly,but I know the the coffee will cost me on the water retaining front, sigh!!

Hi all, another good day...long may it last..one glitch, a coffee that cost me 43 carbs!! Other than that all atkins friendly,but I know the the coffee will cost me on the water retaining front, sigh!!

Oh dear, il keep my fingers crossed for you. I tend to believe that coffee doesn't count ;( lol I know it does but shh haha

Morning all, it is 8 weeks since I have been on here, although I have popped in to read the diaries, I will catch up with them over the next few days.
I have not been trying to loose weight over that time, mostly trying to maintain and I am pleased to say that has been a success. I went to Italy on hols and only put on 2lb even though I ate either pizza or pasta once a day.......maybe I am not as carb intolerant as I thought! Other than that I have been keeping my carbs less than 100 per day, whilst keeping away from the real baddies, wheat, rice potatoes and most fruits, my cals are about 2000 per day, this is the part that is a real suprise for me, because when I only calorie count and eat carbs I put on weight if go above 1500 per day. So I am very happy that I can maintain on atkins and also that I can eat this way long term.

I am now ready to loose some more weight, I had previously thought I would try to maintain til Sept but I feel ready to start again now. I am 6 lb above posted weight, 4 lb from previously and 2 lb from hols. I will update my stats later, my computer is currently being repaired.

Back