love atkins

I agree with the rest, I couldn't have stopped at two :( Brownies for me are like bacon for vegetarians, my Achilles heel!

BUT, I was wondering if we could make our own Atkins friendly brownies!? I remember when on slimming world they had a chocolate cake they made with beetroot! You had to whisk egg whites to help make it more substantial. It was so moist because of the beetroot.

here is another recipe I found quick while googling - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/749700/beetroot-brownies

Obviously above recipe not suitable as Is, but maybe substitute flour with flax seed flour (?) and half beetroot half colorabie? And as for sugar/sweetner, maybe zero carb maple syrup? And bournville cocoa is also quite low carb too, 10g per 100g and add some more butter (instead of chocolate bar). Quite a lot of 'what ifs' but do-able, just need to experiment!

I agree with the rest, I couldn't have stopped at two :( Brownies for me are like bacon for vegetarians, my Achilles heel!

BUT, I was wondering if we could make our own Atkins friendly brownies!? I remember when on slimming world they had a chocolate cake they made with beetroot! You had to whisk egg whites to help make it more substantial. It was so moist because of the beetroot.

here is another recipe I found quick while googling - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/749700/beetroot-brownies

Obviously above recipe not suitable as Is, but maybe substitute flour with flax seed flour (?) and half beetroot half colorabie? And as for sugar/sweetner, maybe zero carb maple syrup? And bournville cocoa is also quite low carb too, 10g per 100g and add some more butter (instead of chocolate bar). Quite a lot of 'what ifs' but do-able, just need to experiment!

Wow I'm liking your thought on this :) remember almond flour too.

Morning all, I gave bookmarks that brownie receipe. Nearly all the bookmarks on my phone are for receipes, lol!

I haven't posted in a few days, been away visiting a friend, unexpectantly, and I have to admit atkins got left behind at home. I ate potatoes, bread, bagels and ice cream not to mention copious amounts of wine. I should have been finished my 2 weeks induction today......I am going away for one night also this week and until about the 9th Sept I have a lot going on with DDs, so I am going back to my original summer plan to maintain over the summer and start dieting in Sept.

So I will be low carbing, trying to keep around 50gr per day, avoiding wheat, sugar, rice and potatoes. I will also keep cals about 1600 per day.

Morning all, I am still trying just to stay the same weight and so far it is working. I really believe that I could stay on this woe long term, just need to get to my Target weight. Cals during the week average 1600, carbs 50 (min 20 max 70), protein 80 and I let the fat take care of itself.

I downloaded a freebie written by a woman who low carbed to loose weight, on her drs orders. She didn't follow any specific diet just kept the carbs to 20gr per day, she had milk and also thickened sauces,graves with cornflour, she ate some root veg and it did not affect her weight loss.....sauces and graves are what I miss most on atkins, especially real cheese sauce for cauliflour. So when I start back on the weight loss again, after induction I think I will just count the carbs and not wiry about where they cone from.

The curious case of the shrinking woman by kitty o'dea.....but it is no longer free, not too sure I would pay for it, nothing too new in it other than she eats anything as long as carbs are 20gr for the day. Just read my last post....so many mistakes I am suprised you could understand it!

Thought these were classic - but we all do it :D

sauces and graves are what I miss most on atkins...I think I will just count the carbs and not wiry about where they cone from.

I'm notorious for getting people's names wrong :eek: Thanks for the Kitty o'Shea book, will go and look now.

Later - for others, it's Kitty O'Day - and I've got it, must come through as a freebie and I forgot. Mind you I've got over 600 freebies to get through...

Morning all, I am still here. I have had a really bad week foodwise eating all the wrong things, drinking too much wine and not tracking. Weight has gone way up, so from today I am back on atkins, I am very busy for the next few weeks so if I have to take a day off I will just stay away from the real baddies. I am going to try and come on here everyday. At the moment I only have a phone but getting a newish laptop during the week.
Drumroll.......I am starting a new job in 2 weeks!!!. I have not worked since my children were very small, I could not get good childcare, I always said I would go back to work when they reached their teens, but then I was taking care of my father a few days a week. Sadly he passed away last Feb, so recently I decided to look for work. The job is nothing exciting, it is part time and I can work from home. I am hoping that it will help me get some structure in my life, I have been floundering for the last few months.....getting up in the morning and still looking at a messy house at lunchtime, not eating properly, always starting an exercise plan but never doing it for more than a few days.
I am on my own in the house for the whole day today, the first time since may! So I am going to blitz the place from top to bottom and plan my menu for the next few days.

Oh Sammy so sorry to hear about your dad, but that's fab news about the job!

It's amazing how the structure of a job can really help with other things. I'm the same, I am perfectly happy to slob around home all weekend :eek:

I bet you'll be right back on track in no time hun xxx

Morning all great day yesterday, kept myself busy, my house is sparkling. I out on my step counter and did about 8000 steps, I need to up that.

Food for yesterday
B/L. Bacon, lettuce and mayo wrap x2
D chicken in parmesan fried with asparagus
S cocoa bark, I had forgotten how good it is.
Only I lr of water, must do better.

I am off to collect DD from the airport, I hope she wont want to eat as soon as she lands, airports are not good for food. I have arranged to meet a friend for a walk later, so my steps should be way up . I hope you all have a good day

Thanks Susie.
Good start yesterday, it will be my last!! all food atkins friendly, but not enough water, I find drinking water so hard.

Brunch. Bacon, lettuce and mayo wrap
D parmesan coated chicken, fries with asparagus
S cocoa bark, I had forgotten how good it is.

Off to pick up DD from the airport, I hope she won't want to eat as soon as she lands, airports are not good for food.
Meeting a friend for a walk later, instead of coffee.
I hope you all have a his day

I posted twice, the first post got lost...but now it appears, weird!

Back