love atkins

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It can take a while to get back into a routine after losing someone close, so well done on getting the job. I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks Susie , I will get some sf squash today.
Thanks moonwatcher, some days are good others days not, but I can't live my life in limbo I need to start to refocus on me and my family.

I am off for a day trip to visit 2 of my dds today, really looking forward to it.
Food yesterday

B eggs
L nuts.....not a great choice but better than bread things, no salad where we went for lunch! So I went to the shop next Dior and bought nuts and had them with coffee
D bolognaise sauce with salad.
High on cals and carbs due to nuts, only 1 lr water, but a good 1 hr walk, I did 4000 steps during the walk!
I.will try and catch up.with the diaries later. Enjoy your day.

Wow Sammy well done for looking for a low carb alternative, and the nuts were lots better than carby stuff, as you say :D

Get some ham or roast beef slices and cheese to take with you if you're not sure what's on offer foodwise, then you know you can munch away on roll ups :)

Morning all, I had a lovely time yesterday, lots of atkins friendly food, I only caught up on one diary, on my way home, having a coffee. A stay at home day today, except for a walk with a friend this morning. Tomorrow I have another day out visiting a friend, which will involve a 5 hr round trip, plus visiting time.

Food yesterday
B eggs
L smoked chicken salad
D more chicken with lots of veg
Lots of coffee, but very little water water. Unharmed shop today for some sf squash.
I hope you all have a good day

Sounds like you are on track and in the right frame of mind. Today is the first day I am attempting to eat out whilst doing atkins!!! In a bit of a panic. X

Morning all, a lovely day yesterday, caught up on lots of gossip during my walk..:..steps thingy says I walked over 17000 during the day! I do check it when I put in on in the morning, putting it to zero and walking 100 steps and checking that that is what it says. It is actually giving me motivation to walk more. I have been around 8000 steps each day, excluding any walking.

Yesterday food
B bacon, egg, sausage, mushrooms
L boiled eggs with asparagus "soldiers" was lovely
D burger, bacon coleslaw in lettuce wrap
S.....I made pesto and have to admit I tasted way too much!
Water.1.5 lr, pleased with that
I hope you all have a good day, I am out again visiting a friend, looking forward to it.

Hey lovely everything seems to be going so good for you. Well done with the steps x. Great idea doing it with your friend, I imagine it goes so quick as you talk x.

Have a great day xx.

Morning all, I had.a lively day.yesterday, long gossip and walk with friend. Catching up on the housework and shopping today.
Yesterday
B egg
L lovely salad with lots of interesting things in it, I avoided the bread
D.....nothing, not hungry after lunch.
2 ltrs of water.

Morning Sammy, sounds like you are doing great! Envious of your walking buddy :) my walking buddies are my dogs god bless them, I don't half drag them around that walk of mine... I say sorry to them though ;)

love the idea of the step counter thingamajig :)

Morning all, I had a pretty awful weekend, ate way too much and everything I shouldn't, I did it as I heard some pretty awful news, I know food won't helo, so why did I do jt, trying to get back on the plan today.
I heard that a someone I used to be quite friendly with a few years ago ( our kids were friends) is now a very bad alcoholic, she moved out of the family home about 6 months ago, at that time she apparently was drinking about 3 bottles of wine a day. I saw her walking recently, I was driving, she has put on loads of weight and her face is incredibly bloated. She was beautiful looking with a.great figure. Her children won't talk to her, I just find it hard to accept. Her husband just dosent know what to do, she won't get help. Things came to a head at the weekend when she became very confused and the police were called by her neighbours, not the first time, she ended up in hospital being detoxed but discharged herself....the only thing now thing now is if she is committed....not easy to do. I have known of people who are alcoholics, but she is the first that I have actually known, I am finding it very hard to accept that she had got to this stage ..........

It's so difficult, I think the biggest thing to understand alcoholics have an illness, it's nothing they control anymore, all the people I have worked with honestly don't want to be doing what they are. Once it has taken hold no amount of willpower alone can help, their heads need to be in the right place to decide to quit. That coupled with detox under medical supervision will be the best chance. Sadly the 2 don't often combine. I think all you can do is be there for her when the time comes and hope it's soon. X I am sure knowing she has someone who thinks and worries about her will bring some comfort x x alcohol is a wicked thing when not controlled x so cruel x

Yes meg is right,

I worked with people who were alcohol and/or drug dependant for many years and no matter how much support is put in place for them or how good a reason they have to quit they have to get to a place where they want to give it up for themselves and then they have to get the right support medically, detox as meg says and then rehab or counselling to work on the reasons why they started drinking in the first place. Even then it's still so difficult because it's always so easy to turn back to the booze when you are having a bad day or things are going wrong ( much like some of us on here turn to naughty food when we're down)

i've seen people lose everything because of booze - that stuff can be pure evil. That said I've seen many people successfully work on their addiction and come out the other side so there is hope.

all you can do is be there for her when she is ready xx

Awe Sammy, don't let the blip get you down its understandable As you've had a strange time. Alcoholics and eaters have a lot in common, it's an addiction and sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to so something about it. No one can do t for you which is sad because it makes getting help really hard. I hope there doesn't end up being a sad end to your friends story.

Hi Sammy, hope all ok x

Hi sammy, how so very sad. Hope she gets help from somewhere soon x.

Back