Low self-esteem Fatty to slim Confident women ( i hope)

Hi all, my name is Carol and I am 51 years old and I live in Spain, and work in Gibraltar and
here its the Cambridge 800.
I need to loose 20 kilos. I have just picked up my soups and shakes from my consultant, €197 worth for 1 month.
I am determined to do this as
a) its expensive and
b) i need to get in my size 12/14 clothes I have in my wardrobe and
c) i had a hip replacement a year ago and its still not good so need to take some weight off my joints.
I think the problem I may have is drinking 3 litres of water, at present I don't drink that a week so not looking forward to that bit.
I am looking forward to meeting new people on here for a chat and support.

Hi all, my name is Carol and I am 51 years old and I live in Spain, and work in Gibraltar and
here its the Cambridge 800.
I need to loose 20 kilos. I have just picked up my soups and shakes from my consultant, €197 worth for 1 month.
I am determined to do this as
a) its expensive and
b) i need to get in my size 12/14 clothes I have in my wardrobe and
c) i had a hip replacement a year ago and its still not good so need to take some weight off my joints.
I think the problem I may have is drinking 3 litres of water, at present I don't drink that a week so not looking forward to that bit.
I am looking forward to meeting new people on here for a chat and support.

Hi Carol you sure came to the right place for support and a chat this forum is a life line when doing CD. Dont worry so much about the water i struggled my first week to manage 2l a day but you actually get used to it and when ketosis kicks in you actually feel so thirsty that water goes down so well =D It also helps when you feeling hungry to sip away at it. Best of luck to you and i look forward to hear how you getting on x

Im absolutely exhausted went for a walk with my friend that turned into a hike my muscles are burning and im sooooo gona feel that tomoz!!! No pain no gain i guess =D AND the strangest thing happened today my size 16 shorts are slipping off!!!!! OMG can it be that im very close to being an actual size 14 that is just mental i must of lost inches while i was to worried about what the dam scales said this has been the boost i have needed so i am going to toot my own horn and say GO ME!!! And from now on sod what the scales say i put my scale away for now cos if my clothes are getting smaller i have to be too so no more obsessing over it =) Yeah this is just a post to totally brag ha ha sorry im just feeling far to happy WOOOO HOOOO =D

Brag away!!! And make sure you get some size 14s before you inadvertently "flash" someone! ;)

Ooh u brag away girlie u deserve it! Well done u!!!!

Yolande - it's things like that which keep you positive - well done for sticking at it through thick and thin and even thinner! You are so right about the scales - we become obsessed with the numbers and they fluctuate so much for many reasons. I can't imagine a long hike on SS as I run out of steam very quickly. The escalators at victoria tube station were out of order and I nearly expired halfway up! I've been gardening and cleaning today in readiness for my sister's visit next weekend. That's challenge 2. I have one extra challenge which is a week away at mother's. As I survived challenge 1 I am feeling much more positive (not like me at all!).

Hi All, you are all doing so well. I started today had two shakes and the mushroom soup for tea with 55 grams of chopped mushrooms in it, it was not as bad as I thought. I had to force myself to make the soup as I just was not hungry and so not used to that feeling lol. I struggled to get 2.5 litres of water down though and thought i was drowning :) another day tomorrow, i dont want any headaches so forcing water down as i suffer with migraines and dont want one !

Yolande - it's things like that which keep you positive - well done for sticking at it through thick and thin and even thinner! You are so right about the scales - we become obsessed with the numbers and they fluctuate so much for many reasons. I can't imagine a long hike on SS as I run out of steam very quickly. The escalators at victoria tube station were out of order and I nearly expired halfway up! I've been gardening and cleaning today in readiness for my sister's visit next weekend. That's challenge 2. I have one extra challenge which is a week away at mother's. As I survived challenge 1 I am feeling much more positive (not like me at all!).

I did feel a little light headed but as soon as i drank water felt fab again i think with having a broken rib the last 5 weeks and being basically bed bound whenever i wasnt at work im so taking advantage of the fact that its feeling better so i can do active things. Ah you know you passed the first challenge so you know you can do it!!!! And you know if ja go out and stuff make good choices like you done last time and you will be grand =) Have ja had any thought about moving up a step to try boost your losses??

Hi All, you are all doing so well. I started today had two shakes and the mushroom soup for tea with 55 grams of chopped mushrooms in it, it was not as bad as I thought. I had to force myself to make the soup as I just was not hungry and so not used to that feeling lol. I struggled to get 2.5 litres of water down though and thought i was drowning :) another day tomorrow, i dont want any headaches so forcing water down as i suffer with migraines and dont want one !

Hey seems like you are getting on very well thats good =) Dont worry about the water i struggled to drink the 2l a day but now i can easily drink 3.5l- 4l most days you will find you feel more thirsty (well i did anyways) and the more water you drink the better you will feel i have not really suffered with headaches the odd one here and there but nothing to bad.

Just had a fab workout and i was hoola hooping my heart out ha ha between today and the weekend i have been very active and im feeling very good i do have in the back of head the last time i exercised this much the scales were very unkind to me by having gained 1lb but i did have good inch loss and fat loss BUT i have to decide whats more important toning up and losing inches and minimizing the chances of saggy skin or having good lb loss mmmmmm cos seeing the lbs drop off really keeps me going but i am just feeling soo good exercising my cdc said that with exercise i could have a few weeks of slow losses cos i will be building muscle which she said was a good thing so i think im gona stick to being active not over doing it ofcoarse cos i know im only taking in like less than 600cals a day and my body will transform!! I have 12 weeks till my hols so wana obviously lose as much as possible and then when im back from hols its just 9 weeks till im off on my year long backpacking and seeing the love of my life in SA its sooo hard not telling him and my family there how much weight i have lost but i think their faces will be pricelss ha ha
Also i was wondering if any of you are having hair loss i didnt have any hair loss for the first 14 weeks but its gotten really bad now and i know its temporary but my hair is naturally thin so dont have much to lose to begin with =S

Yolande - you are so good putting a positive spin on it and not fixating about the number on the scales. My CDC advises against exercise on SS but all I can say is that I have been an absolute couch potato since January and the weight hasn't exactly been dropping off! I suppose toning exercise would be better than aerobics but frankly, on SS, I can't be bothered! Have great plans for step 2 however...

How's the rib holding up with the excercise? I am getting major hair loss too but not letting it get to me!

How's the rib holding up with the excercise? I am getting major hair loss too but not letting it get to me!

My rib is not perfect yet but id say 70% there im ok with the hoola hoop and going on hikes and stuff but i cant do anything that involves me lying down like sit ups and all that cos it really hurts think cos when i lay flat the muscles all pull. Ah so hair loss must be a real side effect of this diet then or just a side effect from losing a large amount of weight it is worrying me a little bit but its a small price to pay for being slim and healthy =D

Yolande - you are so good putting a positive spin on it and not fixating about the number on the scales. My CDC advises against exercise on SS but all I can say is that I have been an absolute couch potato since January and the weight hasn't exactly been dropping off! I suppose toning exercise would be better than aerobics but frankly, on SS, I can't be bothered! Have great plans for step 2 however...

I have to look at the positive things while doing cd or i will go crazy ha ha my cdc has just told me to not over do it and i never get to the point where i feel like im going to pass out guess its just knowing your body cos a while ago i done pilates and 15 minutes in i felt very ill so i stopped... but going for walks and hikes and hoola hooping and using weights for my arms (The bingo wings NEED to go) is ok provided i keep on my water =) I have my wi tomoz and seeing as i put away my scale i have NO idea what to expect now but my clothes are getting to big which means i have to be getting smaller ha ha ha

Is it wi day tomorrow?

It is indeed and i dont know how im feeling about it haha excited cos i have been so good and no stupid totm but also done alot of exercise soooo that might blow up in my face but if thats the case i have the good inch loss to go on this week ha ha trying to see the positive in everything =D

Deffinatley, stay positive u are back on track and will do fab! Good luck hun xxx

Just catching up with your diary Yolande, you are doing as fantastic as always, good luck for your weigh in x x x

Good luck with your wi today! I have been exercising all along as was doing it before CD. Was excited to get on the hotel's treadmill last night and find out I can walk faster with less effort than before. I even did a light jogging interval program and can run at higher speeds! Clearly not carrying the extra weight is making it easier to do some things I struggled with 4+ months ago!

In the lbs vs exercise debate, I think as you are getting much closer to your goal weight, and you have such exciting plans for your holidays, that starting to work out, build muscle, etc. is definitely worth it. Your losses may slow down in the short term, but in the longer term you will be fitter, feel great, have a toned body and your increased muscle mass will increase your metabolism which will help burn fat. All good news! :)

Lost a lousy half a pound GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR just needed to get that out my system was expecting a bit more but i remember i gained weight last time i added exercise so just dealing with it and moving on and hoping for better next week i measured myself and i have lost cm's and my cdc pointed out that my fat % had dropped so it does mean i have built some muscle which is a good thing so i am shockingly ok about it but im secretly hoping for a bit better next week =P Gosh i remeber weeks ago how down i got about a bad loss im growing up ha ha ha =D

Back