Low self-esteem Fatty to slim Confident women ( i hope)

A smear is never very nice but good on you for going and having it done.
Im sure you will do fantastic in the next 7 weeks. You are a true inspiration,
keep up the good work hunni x x x

Well done for having the smear - I have put mine off for years but now feel mentally prepared. I put off most doctor's visits due to my weight but want to get a grip of my health now,
Hope the weight shifts soon - and that easing up on the exercise helps. I'm continuing with moderate exercise - 2 x 1 hour brisk walks (half up a hill!) and 3-4 x on cross trainer at lower easier programme. Will report back on wed. You may find that your weight drops suddenly - mine tends to drop over the weekend.
Just watched the end of a really interesting programme about the health benefits of fasting (600 cals) every other day - presenter did 5 weeks of 2 days fasting and 5 days eating what he liked and lost a stone. Also had major health benefits. I want to investigate more as I like the idea of eating whatever I like 5 days a week!

Well done for having the smear - I have put mine off for years but now feel mentally prepared. I put off most doctor's visits due to my weight but want to get a grip of my health now,
Hope the weight shifts soon - and that easing up on the exercise helps. I'm continuing with moderate exercise - 2 x 1 hour brisk walks (half up a hill!) and 3-4 x on cross trainer at lower easier programme. Will report back on wed. You may find that your weight drops suddenly - mine tends to drop over the weekend.
Just watched the end of a really interesting programme about the health benefits of fasting (600 cals) every other day - presenter did 5 weeks of 2 days fasting and 5 days eating what he liked and lost a stone. Also had major health benefits. I want to investigate more as I like the idea of eating whatever I like 5 days a week!

Daisy what was the program ? I would like to watch that x

Yolade you have done very well...been reading along in you diary for a while. :) Congratulations..and I'm excited for you to be able to surprise your mom. That will be a fun day! Good luck over these last weeks before your holiday.

Daisy65 said:

Daisy, I have been hearing a lot about fasting too. In fact my 26 yr. old son who is a very fit, competitive athlete has been doing what is called intermitent fasting. There is quiet a bit about it online...... can be done for weight loss or like my son, for strength training, and it is also linked to longevity! Definately going to research. May be a perfect maintanance plan. Is it like JUDD?

angelupnorth said:
Daisy what was the program ? I would like to watch that x

It was on bbc2 and was Horizon: eat fast and live longer. I missed the first half but presume it will be on I-player. I am thinking about life after CD although as they still recommend women have 400cals on fast days then you could still have 2 and a bit packs.

Maggie38 said:
Daisy, I have been hearing a lot about fasting too. In fact my 26 yr. old son who is a very fit, competitive athlete has been doing what is called intermitent fasting. There is quiet a bit about it online...... can be done for weight loss or like my son, for strength training, and it is also linked to longevity! Definately going to research. May be a perfect maintanance plan. Is it like JUDD?

I think it is the same as intermittent fasting - was linked to longevity and appears to give protection from cancer and Alzheimer's too. I've been searching the Internet for more info

Yolade you have done very well...been reading along in you diary for a while. :) Congratulations..and I'm excited for you to be able to surprise your mom. That will be a fun day! Good luck over these last weeks before your holiday.

Ah thanks hun =) Im also really excited =D

Wow Daisy you have really upped your exercise but you are so close to goal so its probably a good time to be doing it, you must let me know how your wi goes? Its sooooo strange you said that thing about fasting i didnt even see that programme but just out of interest was researching it online last night and its something i may consider for life after CD cos i too love the idea of being able to eat what i want obviously not going over board for 5 days and fasting for 2 days its something im going to do a bit more research on.

I text my CDC this morning just told her the truth that i got products off a friend so didnt need any off her and if it was ok to just come in next week instead and she has not got back to me as of yet =S Im going to have an unofficial wi tomoz but my scales are so not the same as my cdc but im gona compare it to what my scales had me at last week to get an idea of what i lost so i can compare it to next weeks with lowering my exercise.
Off to watch Ted tonight heard its really funny and man i could do with a laugh =)

Oh my goodness my stomach hurts from laughing Ted was sooo funny i needed that. ha ha ha and my cdc text me back and said thats absolutely fine so feel better =D
My housemates have planned a camping trip this weekend with a big group of our friennds and invited me im stuck at what to do i cant have another weekend off plan cos a very good friend is coming next weekend for a visit next weekend from ireland and its going to be a messy one and i know i will not be on plan 100% and i have been looking forward to it for months!! This is the part of the diet i HATE making sacrafices like this i thought i can go and just stick to my shakes but i know myself to well and i will tuck into the booze i wouldnt be able not to while everyone bbq's and drinks =( Ah just telling myeslf whats more important right now and for me its looking good for my holidays in 7 weeks 1 weekend may just set me back a whole other week and im desperate to get this weight off and just be 'normal' aaaahhhhhhhh soooo frustrated!!!!!

Yolande - a bit of a dilemma. I have to say that I'm so desperate to get to the end of SS that I will turn down everything at this stage but I have had planned breaks in the past without doing too much damage. It's a difficult one but if you do go off-plan you know by now that you can get back on cd after.
My goal date is 26th September (best friend's 50th bash) which is also 7 weeks time. I was aiming for 11 stones but I'm not so sure whether it will be enough - going to suck it and see.
Will report back after weigh in tomorrow...

Yolande - a bit of a dilemma. I have to say that I'm so desperate to get to the end of SS that I will turn down everything at this stage but I have had planned breaks in the past without doing too much damage. It's a difficult one but if you do go off-plan you know by now that you can get back on cd after.
My goal date is 26th September (best friend's 50th bash) which is also 7 weeks time. I was aiming for 11 stones but I'm not so sure whether it will be enough - going to suck it and see.
Will report back after weigh in tomorrow...

Sounds like you may also be setting a new goal and starting a "phase 2". Looking forward to finding out what your new goal will be!

Yeah im feeling like you Dasiy and very desperate to get off ss its driving me insane now!!!

I had an unofficial wi today and 1.5lb lighter WHYYY????????????????????? How did you cope with 2lb losses every week for so long?? I think cos i was having such big losses before maybe thats why its so upsetting but i thought id measure myself and have lost around my legs but my belly is 2cm bigger i do feel really bloated and my boobs feel bigger and it does not help that i have been feeling a bit unwell the last 2 days and my moods are out of control.. im defo not pregnant unless it was by wind pollination and been having very funny irregular totm so im baffled =S Going to see my doc tomoz im slightly worried just dont want him to think its cos of CD cos i usually never felt better when im on it. Before my weight got blamed for everything so dont want him to now blame my diet!! Ah well will see what he says tomoz.

Gd luck tomorrow hun get him to check ya hormones and make sure he doesn't blame the diet! I hope u are feeling ok and 1.5lbs is cool well done a loss is a loss but u are so used to bugger losses so I understand the upset but keep going and stick with it!

Yolande - had a good weigh in (for me) - whilst my profile says 2lbs - I actually lost 2.6lbs. My CDC rounds the ounces down to the nearest pound. This is about half a pound more than I have averaged at so I'm sticking to moderate exercise for the time being.
I think I stuck to cd because last year I lst 3 stones on a food diet and after a few weeks was losing a pound a week if I was lucky so I felt that I had no alternative. I've got used to slow losses now and it is easier at this stage as i can notice a difference every couple of pounds. I reckon your losses will pick up once you have a clear couple of SS weeks. You've got to remember that cd has been good to you - your losses were spectacular - way better than mine ever were. I don't think your losses will slow down to the rate mine have.
I've been talking tonight about when to go up to step 2 and I think I finally have a plan with much negotiation with CDC. I sway between abject boredom with SS to being gripped with fear at the thought of real food.
Keep up the good work but maybe stay off the scales for a few days. x

tizzy51 said:
Sounds like you may also be setting a new goal and starting a "phase 2". Looking forward to finding out what your new goal will be!

Tizzy - are you still in the USA? Good sign that you have dropped in - you are still committed to cd! Yes - I have a new goal - 10st 8 - not sure whether to alter my stats - almost afraid that if I write it down it won't happen! Hope you're having a fab time. x

Yes, still in the US, but lurking from time to time.

Write the new goal down/update your stats. It's not an unreasonable goal and I have NO doubt that you will achieve it. You have done sooooo incredibly well that, if you think your goal should be just a little bit more, then I think you should use the momentum and go all the way. Woo hooo!!!! :)

Yolande - had a good weigh in (for me) - whilst my profile says 2lbs - I actually lost 2.6lbs. My CDC rounds the ounces down to the nearest pound. This is about half a pound more than I have averaged at so I'm sticking to moderate exercise for the time being.
I think I stuck to cd because last year I lst 3 stones on a food diet and after a few weeks was losing a pound a week if I was lucky so I felt that I had no alternative. I've got used to slow losses now and it is easier at this stage as i can notice a difference every couple of pounds. I reckon your losses will pick up once you have a clear couple of SS weeks. You've got to remember that cd has been good to you - your losses were spectacular - way better than mine ever were. I don't think your losses will slow down to the rate mine have.
I've been talking tonight about when to go up to step 2 and I think I finally have a plan with much negotiation with CDC. I sway between abject boredom with SS to being gripped with fear at the thought of real food.
Keep up the good work but maybe stay off the scales for a few days. x

Woop woop thats a good loss =) Glad exercise is working in your favour =) Ah can only imagine how i will feel when its time for me to think about stepping up even tho a huge part of me cant wait for my ss days to be over!!!

So i went to the doctor today and he has hopefully found the culprit for it.. will only be able to tell in a couple weeks if he is right but he said i defo have a hormone imbalance due to my pill which got switched about 9 weeks ago cos the nurse said the one i have been on all the time was the safe one cos of my weight and smoking seeing as i no longer smoke and have lost alot of weight she said i should start taking the one she gave me i thought nothing of it as i have never had a problem with the pill i dont know why i didnt think of it myself just didnt realise how much the pill can actually effect a person it explains why i am moody, over emotional and bloated and he said weight gain is very common with hormone imbalance which could explain the shi*tty losses for so long so from tonight i am back on my old pill doc said just cos i have lost weight and stopped smoking doesnt mean it is still not the best one for me think the nurse changed it cos it is a more expensive one. So have to give it a couple weeks and doc said i should be feeling back to how i was. Im thrilled he has (hopefully) found the problem but completely baffled as to how a little pill can cause so many problems =S So feeling a bit more positive and hopefully now i can start being my bubbly self and not want to kill people constantly =P
Also have decided to give the weekend camping a miss im gutted BUT silver lining i get a weekend of an empty house and peace and quiet.

Ah so glad u have it sorted and fingers crossed the change will work for u! Hormones are ******* and cause so many problems so fingers crossed they will balance out soon!
And well done sticking to your guns and not going camping, enjoy the peace and quiet it will be worth it next wednesday when u go for wi! Xx

Back