• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low syn butter?

-Tally-

Silver Member
Hmm...it would prolly be about the same to be honest with you. I know that an average serving of bisto gravy is about 3 syns where as a level teaspoon of full fat butter would be about 2 syns, so a knob of butter would be quite a bit more.
The lowest syn spread I know of is Flora Extra Light (purple tub) but not sure if you can cook with that.
I would prolly try the recipe but use the buttery frylite to fry the onions in and leave out the butter...bet it won't taste that different.

Im trying to work out whether theres a decent low syn spread that I can use to cook with, I have a recipe for a home made onion gravy which is made up of red onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, stock cube and a nob of butter, if I can find a decent low syn one its surely better than instant gravy?
I use Flora Lighter than Light, its in a white & purple tub.
It is 0.5 syns per teaspoon
1.5 syns per tablespoon or 2.5 syns per 28g. I have used it to make mince pies before & it was fine. Also used it in cupcakes recipe too.
xxx