Nik_16

Been in Slimming World for 3 weeks, and starting to miss crisps!
Anyone know any low syn crisps?
Also, how many syns in the kids '15g organix goodies carrot stix' ? X

Hi, when I did slimming world I did hear of a way to make crisps, some see it as a 'cheat' and some say its not - try it out and if its not affecting your weight then carry on, I would recommend not having more than a couple of times a week. You get a small ish potato and slice very very thinly, spray fry light onto a plate, arrange the potato slices on it, spray more fry light and sprinkle of salt and pepper and microwave for about 2 - 4 minutes, you will know when they are done as they go crispy just like crisps. I slice onion up and put it on top as well, and a tiny sprinkle of a few grams of cheese to make cheese n onion.

My husband likes having crisps as part of SW and these are the lowest syn ones we've found so far:-

Quavers (16g bag) - 4.5 syns
Skips (17g bag) - 4.5 syns
French Fries (18g bag) - 4 syns
Spicy tomato Snaps (13g bag) - 3 syns

Or a slight alternatives to crisps:-
Snack-a-Jacks (22g bag) - 4.5 syns
Peckish crackers (20g bag - cheese or salt & vinegar) - 4 syns (4.5 syns for the BBQ and sour cream & chive ones)

Hope this helps! :)

Hula Hoop "Puft" ... Ready Salted/BBQ/Cheese - 3.5 syns a pack :)

Have you thought about having popcorn instead? The Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn is really good. I got a multipack yesterday and the bags of salted popcorn and cinema sweet popcorn (11g each) are only 2.5 syns per bag! The sweet and salt ones (17g) are only 3.5 syns per bag too and they're all lovely!

(I also bought a big bag of the maple bacon flavoured popcorn...mmmm...6 syns per 25g so only 3 syns for 12.5g (which is the equivalent of a multipack bag size).

Back