Loz's weight loss diary

Those stuffed mushrooms sound gorgeous I shall have to see if my coop stocks them mmm! Well done on the half kg that's great x

Been away camping for a couple of days this week. I've done quite a lot of walking, run around a lot after my nieces and nephews whom I babysat for a couple of days, and probably eaten a bit too much (including chocolate)! Back to work Wednesday, so I'll see the damage then. Hopefully, it won't be too bad!

Last edited:
I've worn a pair of jeans this week that I haven't worn in I don't know how long as the waist was too tight. They fit perfectly in my waist, though like all jeans on me, they are far too big in the butt and I have all this excess material just hanging down!

Thank you!

I didn't get a chance to weigh myself today, so hopefully I'll get chance tomorrow or Friday.

I went shopping after work, got some of those amazing mushrooms (had them with spinach and rocket) and some ice lollies (the ones which are in a cone thing, basically frozen squash), they're only about 60 calories. I wanted to get some chocolate, I thought I'd not eaten great this last week and a half or so, so I might as well, one more day wouldn't hurt. But I said no. I bought some strawberries instead.

So I weighed myself yesterday. 144.3kg. Slight gain but not too bad considering. I don't think I'm going to be in the 130s by mid-June. I instead would like to be 143kg or below by next Friday.

So, I think I need a plan for next week. I definitely do better during the week than at weekends. At the weekends, I quite often have so much to do for other people, and my nan tends to ply people with cakes and biscuits, that I don't necessarily feel as in control of my food as I do during the week. That being said, my nan has asked me to cook for her tomorrow, and she wants a stir-fry, so that will work out well.

Next week, I plan on better organising my meals for work and hopefully that will help me feel more in control again.

I've also not picked up the exercise again. I need to finish my 'marathon in a month' and I want to get the 26 miles done by the end of June, which means that I am going to have to do more than a mile somedays. I will set aside certain days to exercise (not sure which ones yet as I know I have plans for next week but need to check with my friend which day it is). Hopefully, I'll get back on track with the weight loss again.

Hi Loz, finally managed to catch up on your diary it's amazing how much you miss if you're not on the site regularly! Well done you, you're doing great, you have a good balanced view of how to balance things out and not obsess about food. It really is a long term journey for those of us who have a lot to lose. Good luck on getting your BMI down so you can start your IVF, that's a great motivation to do it. I had to get mine to 35 to have my knee replacement and it really focussed me to have have that specific target, rather than to get into a size 14 or whatever. Keep up the good work! x

Next week, I plan on better organising my meals for work and hopefully that will help me feel more in control again.

I've also not picked up the exercise again. I need to finish my 'marathon in a month' and I want to get the 26 miles done by the end of June, which means that I am going to have to do more than a mile somedays. I will set aside certain days to exercise (not sure which ones yet as I know I have plans for next week but need to check with my friend which day it is). Hopefully, I'll get back on track with the weight loss again.

These are good ideas. Wishing you well.

Thanks both.

It's been a busy week at work so I've come home and couldn't be bothered to do anything. My diet has been good, though. I was starving on Monday so I had a chicken burger (oops), I really wanted something hot, and I had a few bits to do in town after work, so it was either a chicken burger (no dressing) or chips which smelt so good. I can't remember if I ate later that day or not. Yesterday, I had a sandwich at lunch and a packet of crisps. I had a banana and a yogurt at home. Today, I had a sandwich and a piece of cake for lunch (one of the girls at work brought it in) and I've had a yogurt, two small bananas and a couple of cherries this evening.

Either I'm doing really well or the scales at work are dodgy, but I weighed myself tonight before leaving work, so after I'd been drinking coffee and water all day and had my lunch, and my weight was 141.9kg. Seems a lot to have lost in a couple of days, but I'll go with it for now. Hopefully I'll be down in to the 130s next week or maybe the week after.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I'm good Minerva, been really busy at work and have been so tired of an evening that I haven't had the motivation to do anything. I did a bank shift on the ward on Saturday (kind of regretted booking it by mid week, but it wasn't too bad, very little choice of what to eat at work, on a 12.5 hour day, I had 1 chicken & sweetcorn sandwich and a white coffee for lunch and a tuna roll type thing with crisps and sprite zero, so I don't think that was too bad?), and just spent the day today catching up around the house (sandwich at lunch time and stir fry in the evening).

I'll try and weigh myself early this week. Hopefully I'll have lost 0.25kg or more as that would bring me up to a stone. My uniform is definitely not as tight and I don't come home each evening with angry red marks around my waist (what is it you and Mark called it, a NSV?)

I'm trying not to think about this whole thing as a diet now. At times when I do, and I think about how much I have to lose, it just seems an impossible task. I probably have about 10 stone in total to lose (it sounds slightly less scary in kg - as I tell my patients, kg doesn't actually mean anything, so I find it less intimidating!) Instead, I'm tying to think of it more as healthy eating. I don't actually think I am truly dieting - I had a couple of biscuits and a scone at nan's the other evening, I had cake at some point last week. I had a couple of bottles of beer today (from the girl who usually chooses wine or cocktails!) However, I have really cut right down on the amount of unhealthy foods I am eating compared to previously. I am trying to be more aware of calories than I was before and if I want a snack, I am trying to chose healthier alternatives, and generally, I think I am. I hardly eat chocolate now, I don't buy cakes from the shop. Bread is still my weakness. I could sit there and eat a whole loaf of the stuff toasted, I'm sure (just to be clear, I have never done that, the most I have eaten in one sitting is 6 slices - I was a teenager, I think I may have been hungover and needed something good to eat - and that was only once!)

I've eaten more unhealthily today than I have in a while, I was giving blood though and they tell you off if you don't eat or drink enough (at least they did when I was 18 giving my first donation). Back to eating more sensibly tomorrow.

Work's been much better so far this week, not quite as manic. I came home today and did housework, so was up and down the stairs a lot with washing, going to the bin etc, so I think I can count that as exercise. I'm going to start my running thing on the 1st July - and I will remember to stretch as my calves hurt a lot last time!

Back