Loz's weight loss diary

Like z, you can do it. Make a plan and take it day by day.

Thank you Tipperary.

I've eaten a little more than I would have wanted to today but I went to see the light switch on, the fireworks and the late night shopping this evening. I still managed to burn off more calories than I ate today which is great. I'm hoping, over the course of the last couple of days, that I've burnt off an extra 1500 calories than I've consumed - that's nearly half a pound!

Surprise surprise, I'm back again and back up at my starting weight. I seriously lack willpower.

Anyway, I'm starting again. No goals or anything set currently, just going to aim for fewer calories and impose the rule again that I cannot buy myself chocolate, cakes or crisps.

I still keep thinking about joining the gym but, whilst the idea sounds good, I don't think I'd have the confidence to walk in to a gym at my size. Instead, I'm going to take up running at home, I found a build-up to 5k running programme on my phone but just think I'm going to do it myself, just try and run a little further each time. It would be quite nice if I could actually do a 5k at some point.

The one positive is that my periods, despite my weight, seem to be improving. I've had more periods in the last twelve months (4 or 5) than I've had in the previous 5 years, and they all happened naturally (not after taking a course of progesterone to induce a bleed). The last two cycles have both been 32 days. I was taking inositol but haven't had any probably this year but maybe it had a residual effect from when I was taking it. I'm not sure if I'll order more or not as things seem to be working ok at the moment

That's what I've done in the past and it's worked well for me whilst I stuck to it, I managed to lose about 9kg (about a stone and a half) in 6-8 weeks previously and I was doing really well initially. I wasn't being too strict about how many calories I had (I think I was aiming around 1600) and if I went a little over on some days and under on others it was fine. I think it's what I'm going to do this time and just hope I manage it long term! I got down to below 140 which was brilliant and proved I could do it.

Whilst my diet hasn't been great these last few days, I haven't bought chocolate since Saturday (I have had a few chocolate biscuits at my mum's since then) which I'm counting as a positive.

Well, day one is going well. I'm at just under 1000 calories so far (about half of them were really healthy - I had a banana mid morning and home made stuffed mushrooms for lunch with some mozzarella and onions with spinach, followed by blueberries and another banana). I've also done about two hours of gardening (heavy digging) so think that's a good start and might do some running/jogging in my dining room tonight.

Small amount of jogging done tonight (like a quarter of a mile) but it's something.

Calorie intake came to about 1750 calories, perhaps a little more than I should have had but it was an active day so I'm not too worried about that.

I need to make an effort to drink more tomorrow. I thought I'd done well today (2 x 1 pint glasses of squash and 3 coffees) but judging by the colour of my urine this evening (and by the fact that I can remember going to the loo only twice today - oops) I really need to up my fluid intake tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sounds like you were breaking yourself in slowly the past week or so before getting started yesterday which is good.
What do you mean by jogging in the dining room, is it jogging on the spot or do you have a treadmill.

Just jogging round in circles in the dining room. I don't know how accurate the distance counter is on my phone though.

I feel stupid too. I can't find my sports bra at the moment so I'm trying to keep everything anchored down with one arm and holding my phone in the other, I must look ridiculous!

I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself today, so far I've had 820 calories. I've got some fruit and Greek yogurt to have later (and maybe some honey).

I've not been terribly active today, but have been around town and done some shopping - I even avoided the chocolates and the chocolate type yogurts (Cadbury, rolo and the like, which I just love!).

So I've finished the day having consumed 1350 calories, which I'm happy with. They've been relatively healthy, too, I think. I had an apple in the morning, spinach, tomato and mushrooms with my dinner (with sausage and bacon cooked in a drizzle of oil and scrambled eggs) and some yogurt and fruit in the evening, so definitely got my 5 a day in - that's two days in the row! I had one packet of crisps which my grandmother gave me. I've not had enough to drink though, a pint and a half of squash and two coffees.

I feel stupid too. I can't find my sports bra at the moment so I'm trying to keep everything anchored down with one arm and holding my phone in the other, I must look ridiculous!

Tie a scarf tightly around the boobs, no bouncing

Ha ha, that's a brilliant idea, I'll have to give that a go! I'm going to do some jogging in my dining room this evening.

Just been pottering in the garden today, picking and freezing herbs and fruit. Keep looking at the grass and try to decide whether to mow it or not - it needs it but it keeps starting to rain and I don't fancy being electrocuted! Think I'll leave it til tomorrow.

I've had 1000 calories to eat so far today. My fruit and veg have included a whole onion in my lunch, followed by banana and strawberries for pudding. I've tested a couple of the goosenerries and blackberries (literally just a couple of each) and think I'm going to have a salad for dinner.

So my final calorie count for the day is 1650 which I'm happy enough with and have definitely met my 5 a day today.

My food hasn't been perfect today (I've had crisps and a jam sandwich) but I'm pleased that I've limited myself and not had a second jam sandwich or had toast - I feel self disciplined today.

I'm hoping that my self disicipline pays off - the NHS BMI calculator says if I am inactive, the lower end of my calorie intake should be 2070 per day, which I have been below these last few days.

I still need to work on my fluid intake though, I've had one large glass of squash and 4 coffees (which I know I need to reduce). Im going to aim for two large glasses of squash or water this evening.

Back