Loz's weight loss diary

There's not much you can do when family problems crop up so don't worry yourself. I think I'd crack if I only had 550 calories in a day. :D

Thanks Razorbill. Families, they cause some bother.

Anyway, things have settled now, though I certainly cracked at the weekend. I had the peanut cookies as well as a lot more, including chocolate - I had about 3000 calories on Sunday and again on Wednesday. Other than that, I've been well within my limits, 1500 calories Monday, 700 calories Tuesday, 1100 Thursday and 900 yesterday. I'm only at about 150 calories today so far.

Because I've had quite a few nights from home, I've missed three nights of inositol and multivitamins.

I've also not done as much exercise as I hurt my ankle this week. It's still aching but it doesn't really hurt now. I've been at or near 6000 steps and 60 minutes most days but I've not done any fast walking or running this week.

OK, so getting back on track today. I left my phone at home so I didn't get to count my steps today so not too sure what I managed. My ankle's still a little sore so I've not done any running/fast walking today, hopefully it'll feel good enough tomorrow or the day after.

Calorie-wise, I'm very impressed with myself - I've had 650 calories today (and I had just over 2000 yesterday). I had plenty of veg yesterday but only a side salad today with my lunch. I've even remembered to take the inositol and multi-vitamin today.

So, those last goals weren't all successful but I feel as though I made choices which were as good as possible, given the circumstances. I'm not sure how I'm doing weight-wise - I've not had the opportunity to weigh myself since the end of August but I will weigh myself as soon as possible.

Regardless, I need new goals to work towards this week:
- start the couch to 5k programme (day 1 will be on Wednesday)
- 3-a-day fruit and veg
- continue with multi-vitamin tablet and inositol

I'm really tempted to try the couch to 5k program as well, I hope you get on well with it!

Don't worry about weighing yourself lots, the fewer times you weigh yourself the more you lose. :)

Thank you, Razorbill. I'm managing to convince myself it won't be too difficult - I can already run a mile - what's 2 more? A couple of my friends are really keen to do a 5k run, so it would be quite nice to do one with them. Let me know if you do start it.

Calories yesterday were about 1700.

Today's been a good day, I've easily had my 3 portions of veg today and I'm at about 1300 calories. Just had to pop in and check on my grandmother but I'll be heading home soon and starting my first couch to 5k session this evening. I'm actually quite looking forward to it!

So, I completed my first session of couch to 5k. It was OK, not as easy.as I thought, but I think that was the fact I knew it was going to last 30 minutes and I was counting down to it finishing as I knew I still had things to do at home before bed. I will do it again Friday.

I hate that I've started mid-week but there was no way I could have started on Sunday or Monday and I didn't want to leave it another week. It only says to leave a day between sessions, so I may be able to get the week starting on a Sunday soon!

Oops, it's been nearly a week!

I weighed myself this evening just before leaving work, 143.5kg, which I'm happy with. This now means I have less than 30kg to lose to get to my initial target - still a massive amount of weight, but it's nicer to have 20-something kilos to lose than 30-something kilos! I also had my first compliment moment - I'm not sure that I look any less fat (I nearly wrote any thinner, but that seemed wrong) - but my mum said my work trousers looked looser on me, which was nice to hear. I'm not going to hit my September target, though, so the new boots will just have to wait. I think I may have been too ambitious, really.

The ankle's been sore again, so I've not done any more running. It's still not fully better, but hopefully, by this weekend, it'll be feeling better.

Calorie-wise, I'm quite happy there. Thursday I had a bit too much - 2400 calories, Friday and Saturday, about 1500 calories each day, Sunday 2000 calories, and these last two days, I've had very little - too few - 630 yesterday and about 400 today. I'm popping to a friend's after work tomorrow and she's cooking dinner, so I think it'll be a few more calories tomorrow.

Hi Loz, just been catching up on all your news. You certainly seem focused now and I am sure you will get there. I find its a slow struggle but worth it. I've had an up and down time too but hopefully am heading in the right direction now

Well I'm absolutely dreadful at this weight loss stuff - I've been back to my rubbish eating and not really exercising thing. I'm back where I started, sort of - 149.9kg, so 4lb heavier than my start weight and absolutly desperate to not break in to the 150s.

I need to really focus myself on just making better food decisions (lifestyle decisions to follow...). I've not been tracking calories but I know I've been consuming far too many rlse I wouldn't have gained that stone. It's quite depressing realising it's a stone I've put on; it doesn't sound quite so much in kg.

So today I've had sweet potato fries (probably not the healthiest) and vegetable cottage pie for lunch. No idea how many calories and not exactly hot weather food! I had a bottle of water on the afternoon whilst finishing off in the office and I realised I wasn't hungry in the evening (though I did have a small bottle of Prossecco to make up for the rubbish day I've had at work).

Need to weigh myself soon to get a current start weight.

I've just read my whole diary. Wow, I was doing amazing at the start. Fingera crossed I can do that again.

I've had avout 1300 calories today with a few servings of veg. I've been fairly active both at work and watering the garden this evening.

I'm hoping to get the chance to weigh myself this week and have an accurate start point.

Welcome back, I know that restarting feeling as I am back there too

It's an awful feeling, isn't it? Best of luck to you, Tipperary.

I've decided I should have a goal. I want to lose 5% of my body weight - for ease, I'm going to round off - thats 7.5kg off. That will bring me down to (again for easier maths and cos I prefer working in 'neat' numbers) 142.5kg. I can do that. I've done it before. I want to get there be 31st August, that's two months away and surely that's doable!

Had a healthy lunch today, jacket potato, cheese and salad. Not eaten too badly this evening - a sandwich and a chocolate bar. Done around 8000 steps today.

Been busy at work this week and in the garden come the evenings, hopefully I've burnt off a few calories!

Diet hasn't been too bad most days.

Hoping to weigh myself in thr next day or two.

I've not had the chance to weigh myself which isn't the end of the world - I'll aim to do it next week.

I've had about 1300 calories today but was over what I should have had yesyerday.

I'm back...again.

I've really not stayed on track at all since my last visit here. Just don't seem to have had the willpower to do anything good.

I need to get back on track. I need to get to a healthy weight range. Tomorrow morning I will be restarting my not-eating-so-badly diet (no point starting today as I'm off to bed in a minute).

I'm terrible with goals, I never achieve them, but I have set myself a realistic goal this time of losing 13kg by the 1st March. I know I can do it, I've almost done that before in a much tighter time frame. I'm going to forget the other kilos that I'll have to lose after that, almost pretend they don't exist, and focus purely on those 13kg. I've chosen that amount as it will bring me to below 300lb (even though I'd never normally think of that much in lbs - I'm more of a kilo or stones person, but it's just knowing that number, it seems so big). I'm mortified that I weigh over 300lb - it's a massive amount of weight - so at least I'll be back in to the 200lbs after losing 13kg.

I obviously still want to lose a whole load more and get my BMI down to below 30 ultimately - within the healthy range would be great but I've been big for so long that I can't imagine myself realistically getting there - but I'm going to focus on that afterwards, in reasonably sized chunks.

Day 1 has gone well. I've had avout 1800 calories, some healthy and some not so much. It'd be nice to get to a healthy diet but at the moment I'm more concentrated on the calories than the health of the food - one step at a time!

Back