LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

Now now Rosie get a grip - the fact that you are feeling concerned is a good thing BUT even when at goal you will have these occasions when you struggle.

The key is recognising the 'sod it factor' for what it is and making a plan for coping with overcoming it, not worrying re the numbers.
You are exercising - fantastic and you feel fitter and look slimmer - even better.

So problem really is how to ease back into the diet. Lets agree that it may take a week or two to shift those squatters maybe even a month but if you acknowledge that, accept it and plan how then you will be on the winning road. Don't beat yourself up, enjoy and you will have the key ready when the season is over

Just got to go away and make myself believe and follow the above!!!!!

Have a truly lovely family Xmas and if you do pop onto minis you can bet I will be here also - I'm addicted

M

Thanks folks - you have helped me put it into more perspective. Only I can put food in my mouth after all - so all I need is a little self control - so easy to come by this time of year.:8855::8855:

Damage limitation exercise Step 1: Having a bowl of lentil soup (1 pt) before the cinema - then I can have some popcorn without feeling too bad.

Rosie

Ah Rosie,youre sounding like me!! lol!! This is the first year in my life I have been dreading nights out! Its so bad!! Weight watchers takes over!! lol!
Youre doing brilliantly tho!! Christmas will be over soon and we can get back to it full force and show all the newbies that join in Jan how it is done! :D Merry christmas honey!! xx

Your own scales say you had STS so I wouldn't worry too much.

Have a great Christmas - hope you enjoyed both the flicks and the popcorn x

Don't be too concerned with numbers! If you're feeling slimmer you most likely are. You can't be gaining fat if you're exercising and watching what you eat surely! Come January everything will seem different :) Christmas makes you feel fat before you even start eating, just because of the thought of all the food.

Just looking at your thread title with the reference to the slippery slope.

You know, took me ages to realise there was no such thing as a slippery slope. Every time I eat I have the chance to do things correctly.

Not sure why it took me so long to sus it out:eek:, but thought I'd pass that along to save you some wasted years ;)

hey Rosie, hope you are doing well now that xmas and boxing days have passed - well done on your treadmill work.. you're doing fantastically so pleased for you. Like everyone else has said, its not fat that you are gaining and you have to remember its not the number you need to look at but whether you are happy with how you feel and how your body looks :)

*big hugs*

love Rach xxx

Hope you've had a lovely chrimbo hun! Hope you're doing okay - like others have said it isnt just what the scales are saying its how you feel and look too :hug99: xxx

Don't be too concerned with numbers! If you're feeling slimmer you most likely are. You can't be gaining fat if you're exercising and watching what you eat surely! Come January everything will seem different :) Christmas makes you feel fat before you even start eating, just because of the thought of all the food.

I think you are so right on seeing the amount of food around. Why do we associate any kind of event with a food frenzy??

Just looking at your thread title with the reference to the slippery slope.

You know, took me ages to realise there was no such thing as a slippery slope. Every time I eat I have the chance to do things correctly.

Not sure why it took me so long to sus it out:eek:, but thought I'd pass that along to save you some wasted years ;)

You are sooooo right. And that's now going to be my new mantra! I can get back on track whenever I want to and one slip doesn't need to take me to the bottom of the hill again.

Hi all, quick update. In Scotland for the festivities and having a ball.

It has only been 9 wks since my lovely dad died and so we were all a bit wary of Christmas being a washout - but we worried un-necessarily. We had a wonderful day (19 of us at my sisters) and did everything as we would have done if my dad was with us - we ate, drank and got very merry. Lots of singing etc etc - he would have been dead proud of us all!!! He loved a good sing song and a party.

It was funny though after dinner, when my brother fell asleep just as my dad would have done....seems to have slotted into the old mans shoes well.

On the food front, not too bad - although I had what I wanted - just less of it really. My sister in law makes a banoffee pie to die for and I wasn't letting any diet get in the way of that.

Christmas morning I did 20mins of this pilates stretchy band dvde thing....bloomin' heck it was tough. I have muscles aching where I didn't know I had muscles.

Had a run yesterday and the scales this morning reckon I am back to 9st 5.5lbs - yipee. xxxxx

On the food front, not too bad - although I had what I wanted - just less of it really. My sister in law makes a banoffee pie to die for and I wasn't letting any diet get in the way of that.

That's exactly what you should do :D
Congrats on being 9st 5.5 - so am I! Hehe :p

Hope you had/are having a wonderful time :)

xx

Glad you had a good Christmas in spite of your recent bereavement - I'm sure dad was there in spirit.

Well done on getting back on track so well. KD's advice was spot on, wasn't it? I think it may well become my new mantra too x

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it was the first Christmas for me after loosing 2 close family members. Hard going at times but they too would have been proud as enjoy the day we did.

I hope you are having a good day :):):)

There you are doing great lets see that title change from any mention of the slippery slope. You have met that challenge head on and dealt with it so a new positive title is called for in the New Year.

Good luck

M

Hiya Rosie, glad to hear you and family had a wonderful time in Scotland under the circumstances. Have a lovely day today

Hiya Rosie. How you doing? I hope you managed to have a good Christmas. xxx

Glad you and your family managed to enjoy christmas. I'm with M though a positive thread title change is required :D xxx

I meant to change it last visit but forgot - sorry :sigh:

Been trying to be good still - but got friends round tonight before OH goes in for little op tomorrow (ingrowing hair or something strange like that)

Was in Scotland from christmas day to yesterday morning - and going back up next Friday or Saturday but not sure when

Joseph girlies....let me know your plans in case I can meet you for a drink before or after the show. I would love that.

Not got high hopes for tonight. Made too many nice things...ho hum - more treadmill called for.

Got my wee girls birthday new years day so looking forward to that.

Dead busy lately so not posting on many diaries...nothing personal, honest. xxxx

Back