LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

Foodpack Crisps - i remember them

with a savoury soup pack we used to make into a paste by adding very little water then putting small blobs onto a cold plate spaced out & then microwave - once cooked, had to transfer to another cold plate to "crisp" - they were nice - but then when yer having 3 foodpacks a day only - a paper bag microwaved is nice he he

" a foodpack made into crisps" how does that work???

charly, you don't know the half of it - foodpacks made into "muffins", "taco shells", "chocolate bars"....oh the list is endless....

Well, Saturday saw just under 3lbs off - which meant that the 9 was still elusive! 10.02 - and since then I have been a right munchster

I don't know what it was, maybe the bread, maybe all the pretzels on friday night, the apple pie - but my resistance caved in and I had to eat something - told you the sainthood was premature!

Anyhow, back in ketosis this morning - didn't eat too many carbs and only had 2 foodpacks to compensate Friday and Saturday but today is proving troublesome again.

I am thinking that now that I have done two weeks of replacing food and lost half a stone - I might take the slower route for the next half stone - but am scared that I won't quite make it.

I think it might be the weather - cold and miserable that's making me want to eat proper soup - carrot and coriander or something - maybe pumpkin - something hot and "free". We'll see. Will keep you posted. Need to do some work now - got a bit of travelling this week.

That's brill about the 3 lb! If you decide to go for the slower route we'll all be here for you x

well done on the 3lb off - thats fab - you have so little to go - whichever route you take you can be sure we will all be on every corner xx

Congrats on the 3lbs! That's great news, keep going :) you can do it xx

Good job with the 3lbs off. Not sure re moving back to WW, if you feel munchy now in Ketosis will you be back to feeling out of control like you did before you started? Could you up the plan a bit like a wee bit more of the food thats allowed, say try that for a few days? Not sure with VLCDs but you are doing so well and you seem sure that 4 weeks will do it, so bad as it is 2 weeks more is not long.

Whatever you decide always supportive

M

thanks all for the visits and for all the great encouragement

M, it wasn't hunger thats got me munching - rarely is to be honest - I think its just my addiction to all things sugary.
If I did go back to WW, it would be on a low carb basis - or just "good" carbs. I know I don't need sweet stuff is I can stay away from it for 2 weeks - I could just eat fruit for the sweetness of sugar free jelly - although not sure that doesn't trigger a real sugar desire

Anyway, the foodpacks are about 1.5pts each (maybe 2) so even at worst, I could have four of them (8) and still have 10points for other stuff - so should still be able to lose weight on that and I would be nutrionally sound.

I think I am just a crazy mixed up dieter right now....xx

Now then - you are not a "crazy mixed up dieter"

You are the same as we all are - having a desire to make the best of ourselves - for health,for self esteem, for vanity - whatever - and nothing is ever easy.

You have done really,really well & are so close - food is a massive "addiction" which alot of people fail to realise - society dicates so much stuff to us it is hard not to feel like you are going mad sometimes.

Stick with it my lovely - maybe have a little more food - after all, on CD plans there are several levels - as long as you don't have loaded carbs/sugar, you will still lose that last little bit.

Chin up *hugs* xx

Hi Rosie

well done on the 3lbs :) .... don't envy your dilemma! I hate making decisions ... at least with VLCD there are hardly any food decisions .. just what flavour packet shall I open lol.

Hope you can decide on something that gives you that sometimes illusive motivation :)

Twigs
xx

It's just 2 more weeks, you can do it! Don't forget you might get a little gain when you starting eating food again, so it might not be worth coming off already. Even if you can hold out for another week it might be more worthwhile x

You're not a crazy mixed up dieter!!! You've done fantastically in the past and you will do again whether you take the quick route and get it over and done with in two tough weeks or the slower but easier route. By Christmas you will look as amazing as you did last year when I didnt even recognise you in costa - still not got over that LOL!!! Take care and shout/txt if you need help - numbers the same. Big hugs xxx

oh you lovely, lovely people - thank you :D

Feeling a lot better about my choices this morning.

I am going to be doing a hybrid version - sticking to no more than 18pts per day - but low carbing and still using foodpacks. I will only have extra if I feel that I will fall off completely if I don't - to help with keeping me sane and on the wagon. The extra points, IF I choose to use them, will be used for FOOD only - not sugar! Just having the option makes me feel better. It does mean that I am likely to come out of ketosis but then hunger is never usually my problem on WW - I am allowed enough food to satisfy that - its the bad choices - and I think I am in control of that (for the time being anyhow!)

Question on diet drinks: How much do you drink of either diluting sugar free juice or fizzy drinks like diet coke? Do you think fizzy drinks slow down weight loss?

(Am I getting paranoid???)

Well that sounds like a plan.

Fizzy drinks, well all I can offer is weight loss surgery peeps not allowed them as general rule as fizzyness meant to be able to stretch tiny tum. Maybe steer clear of too many. NSA squashes we seem allowed to drink with gay abandon so must be OK.

Hope you strike a balance and get to that target soon

M

Hi hun well done on your 3lbs fab stuff!

Although I drink a lot of fizzy juice I sometimes feel that I shouldn't as it does make me feel very bloated.

Hope you have a good day

xx

I never seem to have a good loss when ive been on the fizzy drinks but sometimes i just cant resist them,i used to addicted to diet coke when on atkins!

But here on ww i think the no sugar/no cal cordials are best & you can have as much as you like.

If I had any willpower I'd give up diet coke! :p I'm sure it can't be good for you.
The word is, btw, that diet coke brings you out of ketosis, BUT - coke zero doesn't.

My cans of diet coke are going to be staring at me for the next few weeks :(

I have a tray of coke zero in my garage for that very reason - also Dr Pepper zero apparently has no citric acid.

I think I will try and limit to one can per day - and go for the no added sugar cordials - after all that gets the water down me as well.

Succumbed to an apple earlier......;)

Oooh, how naughty are you, having an apple :eek: ;)

Thanks for the info on dr pepper, good to know - might fancy a bit of variety ;)
I'm going to do at least a week without anything other than water and shakes. Might see if I can stick it out until week 3 until I can have water flavourings and bars - how good of me :p I'll see if I can actually do it though before saying that! :p

Back