LT day 4 - feeling SICK!!!!

mon9349

hello, i am on my day 4... and i feel miserable! i dont have a headache and im not hungry, just feeling sick, constipated and bloated! I have this constant nasty powdery taste in my mouth and the thought of having another shake is making me even more sick! id rather not eat at all but i know i have to force down 3 servings a day. i am just not enjoying ANY of the flavors, they are all gross. I am not a fussy eater but they are just revolting.

My hands and feet are freezing and my heart is beating fast and I cant help the feeling that what i am doing is just wrong. Scared im causing some damage to my body!

Please help/advise

This is normal BUT it will change. Day 4 is one of the hardest by far, you get all the horrible symptons, feeling really cold, hungry, tired, dizzy ect.., I had to wear my gressing gown to bed every night I was so cold, also around the house during the day.

Don't worry your getting through the trickiest day and within a couple of days you will start feeling much better. When you weigh on day 7 it will all be worth while.

Hi Mon, I feel for you, I know its really hard. Im just wondering if you have the beaker you can get from the chemist, it helps to shake the mixture up for you wthout any lumps or nasty bits left foating around. It doesnt taste as bad then and could almost pass for anormal shake lol.
Hang in there and drink lots of water....I know you want to punch me for repeating what everyone is saying but its not easy, have a hot bath and pamper yourself, even do your nails when you get out to pass the time and have something to do with your hands.
I hope this helps even a little. xx

Taylor and Claddagh - thank you so much for your support! I think if it wasn't for this forum, I would have given up already.

The day had passed and I stuck to it. 100%. Moring was awful - I was feeling so bad that it got me seriously worried something bad was happening to me.... but I forced myself to go out to take my mind of things, went for a massage and some shopping and i even ended up going out in the evening - to my friend's birthday party.... which I managed to enjoy while sipping my water (you can imagine all the food, cakes and alcohol around me). But I resisted and I am so proud of myself!!! I would have never thought I could do this - not touch ANYTHING AT ALL!!! :) It must be the new Me emerging... And I LIKE IT

I already feel lighter so I am determined to carry on at least for few weeks. Claddagh - it's not that I dont mix the formulas properly (i have a hand held mixer and it does get everything creamy and smooth) I just dont like the taste (and the aftertaste). But it must have been just a bad reaction from this morning - I'll give it another go. Thank you both again for your words and support xx

So glad to hear your feeling much better. You said you don't like the shakes, what flavours have you got? I found I didn't want to drink a cold milkshake plus all that water so like others decided to start having my choc and vanilla shakes HOT! If you like a hot chocolate drink try mixing a choc shake with a hot peppermint tea and add a couple of tablet sweetners, it really is a nice treat. With the vanilla shake you can make a mug of hot coffee and mix that in, it makes a lovely mocha drink, also coffee and choc shake too.

Lol I've tried it all by now... vanilla shake is the nicest, I tried adding a spoon of coffee and a sweetener to the chocolate shake this morning and yes - it was much better. The soup - I am forcing myself to have it as i feel the need something warm and eating this feels most like "having a proper meal", but I can only down it with some black pepper and chilli (i know I shouldnt, but I cant stand it otherwise). I also tried 1 flapjack - the coconut one, but that was the worst experience so far. That was just pure disgusting - i took a bite, chewed it up quickly and downed it with pepermint tea. I was almost crying:) I wont be having a flapjack again...

Thank you for the other tips - i'll try choc with pepermint and I'll also try to make the shakes hot. I think the crisis from yest morning is over (that was the lowest point so far), on my 5th day and rolling. My jeans feel a little less tight so it must be worth it. :)

Thank you again for your support, seeing how well you have done is an inspiration to me xxx

Lol I've tried it all by now... vanilla shake is the nicest, I tried adding a spoon of coffee and a sweetener to the chocolate shake this morning and yes - it was much better. The soup - I am forcing myself to have it as i feel the need something warm and eating this feels most like "having a proper meal", but I can only down it with some black pepper and chilli (i know I shouldnt, but I cant stand it otherwise). I also tried 1 flapjack - the coconut one, but that was the worst experience so far. That was just pure disgusting - i took a bite, chewed it up quickly and downed it with pepermint tea. I was almost crying:) I wont be having a flapjack again...

Thank you for the other tips - i'll try choc with pepermint and I'll also try to make the shakes hot. I think the crisis from yest morning is over (that was the lowest point so far), on my 5th day and rolling. My jeans feel a little less tight so it must be worth it. :)

Thank you again for your support, seeing how well you have done is an inspiration to me xxx
Good on ya Mon!!
The 1st few days are not easy
I think if we can get thru to 1st weigh in that the loss we get then will be sooooooo great it will keep us going!!
Mine is tomorrow(mon) lunchtime
whens yours?

Back