LT PCOS - What PCOS Is!

Hi
I have PCOS and am relieved to find LT as other diets do not seem to ft the bill.
I have been very blessed. At 19 I was told my PCOS was so bad I would not have children. Now at 38 I have a 3 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. Both conceived, after coming off the pill, within 2 weeks. The heart ache the medics put me through for so long as I was under the misconception that I could not have children was terrible.
I wish you all the best!

You know what, I agree that there are some PCOS who have concieved, without effeort. But when you go on PCOS forums, more women are in the fertility forums than the facial hair and deit ones

Reading their stories makes you realise how lucky women like u are

I have PCOS too. I've been overweight for most of my adult life, I have excess hair and have had seriously bad acne since I hit my teens. I was on Dianette for years, and have recently been switched to Yasmin. I am lucky to have 2 great kids :)

xx

So if you dont have PCOS but many of the symptons...... what do you have? Or what made them say you dont have?

they have said i am normal - i have incredibly regular periods, and sadly just prone to depression. I have also concluded that the hair is just bad luck made worse by being big.

I have also had a laparascopy cos they were convinced i had PCOS. All fine, now i have a scar in my belly button...lol. Don't bother me, i never show my belly anyway....haha.

the baby thing lies with hubby.

they have said i am normal - i have incredibly regular periods, and sadly just prone to depression. I have also concluded that the hair is just bad luck made worse by being big.

I have also had a laparascopy cos they were convinced i had PCOS. All fine, now i have a scar in my belly button...lol. Don't bother me, i never show my belly anyway....haha.

the baby thing lies with hubby.

Oh, I get it - when you said u had most of the symptons i thought u meant irregular periods.... which if i am honest is the best bit... no need to worry about lots of things! However, when they come.... boy they come!

Oh, I get it - when you said u had most of the symptons i thought u meant irregular periods.... which if i am honest is the best bit... no need to worry about lots of things! However, when they come.... boy they come!

oh dear, i guess they probably make up for all the missed ones....ouch!

time of the month x

me neither! just figured it from context in other posts over the past few days!

While reading through the thread I noticed that must of us all have nearly the same symptoms. Have any of you went for tests for a condition called Hirsutism, its a hormonal imbalance where some women have excess hair on their face, weight gain, irregular menstration, obesity, descreased breast size and acne. All this is normally reduced after losing weight and also laser or electrolysis treatment. Personally I wouldn't recommend paying £100's for laser treatment if ya dont sort out the root of the problem first which is losing weight. Exercise is also a must and both these will reduce the causes of Hirsutism. Taking vitamins on a regular basis as well is also recommended, they must contain omega 3 and omega 6. Boots has a brillant product called "For Women", this has all the vital vitamins for your body and helps to reduce acne and hair growth. Sometimes ya can get them on a 2 for 3 offer but individually for a months packet they are around £7, well worth it if ya ask me!! Its fully safe to take with with Lt or any other diet. I have been taking them for the past 6 months and they have been great couldnt do without them and I normally gets spots around totm but thankfully havent since taking these!!

Hirsutism is a term meaning excess hair. Like your post said, you need to find the root cause (excuse the pun!)

In PCOS they say Hirsutism is caused by PCOS. You cant get tested for Hirsutism as its not an illness, its a term. There is always something causing Hirsutism. However just cos your hairy dont mean your have PCOS, irregular periods; insulin resistence, fertility are also other symptons and you dont need all.

Hirsutism is a term meaning excess hair. Like your post said, you need to find the root cause (excuse the pun!)

In PCOS they say Hirsutism is caused by PCOS. You cant get tested for Hirsutism as its not an illness, its a term. There is always something causing Hirsutism. However just cos your hairy dont mean your have PCOS, irregular periods; insulin resistence, fertility are also other symptons and you dont need all.

In order to identify what the problem is ya have to go through a range of tests. Hirsutism is known in medical terms as a condition for high androgen levels. Other conditions that include high androgen levels are PCOS, Cushing's Syndrome, Congenital adrenal adrenal hyperplasia. Rarely the cause of Hirsutism may be an androgen-secreting tumor in the ovaries or adrenal glands.

Some medications can also be linked to Hirsutism like danazol (Danocrine) which is used to treat women with endometriosis. Hirsutism can also be hereditary.

In order to identify what the problem is ya have to go through a range of tests. Hirsutism is known in medical terms as a condition for high androgen levels. Other conditions that include high androgen levels are PCOS, Cushing's Syndrome, Congenital adrenal adrenal hyperplasia. Rarely the cause of Hirsutism may be an androgen-secreting tumor in the ovaries or adrenal glands.

Some medications can also be linked to Hirsutism like danazol (Danocrine) which is used to treat women with endometriosis. Hirsutism can also be hereditary.

this is probably what i have. Though being a slim teenager and then seeing a lot more hair appear when i gained weight - made it easy for me to know what made the hairs come out even more...gah. Its horrid. But i am so lucky my hubby doesn't seem to notice that i am so blimmin hairy compared to other women :D

I am deffo gonna start the electrolysis up again. I stopped whilst on this. I was stuffing money down the drain having it done whilst steadily gaining weight.

Its a horrid condition to have and I sympathize with ya as I have it as well but dont have pcos. Thankfully the fella doesnt mind marrying a hairy gorilla....lol on his wedding but I find it very embarassing myself, he tells me he doesnt notice it at all but I know its there. I have tryed laser treatment in the past but three years later after spending £1200 its back so ive invested £190 in a home laser that I purchased 6 months ago and thankfully its at bay!! It just goes to show ya that home treatments is as good as salon treatments and they dont cause a fortune!! I am hoping that it will clear more with the weight loss, fingers crossed!!

Back