Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

Slimming World Diary Week 1

Hey gorgeous, hope you're feeling alot better! :D Hows your murder show?haha how I haven't heard or seen any spoilers is beyond me but I might give the first episode a go at some point. TBH I'm not even a fan of curries but the SW mild curry in the fakeaway book and this SW creamy korma I'll do and they are banging. Alot better than doing 50 syns at the local chinese haha. I know what you mean about annoying friends etc but I'm commited to my journey and If my friends don't want to see what I post then they can unfollow me, doesn't make us any less friends just because we're not insta friends :)

Thank you soooo much for the good luck! I'm both confident and nervous, I know I'd be perfect for the role, but I think I've got all my eggs in the basket because it means getting out from where I work so I think I want it even more haha.. I'm great with customer services, I'm bubbly and professional and it helps I can type about 90wpm. Just have to ensure that I can show that side of me tomorrow. Thankfully tattoos and peircings are cool there so don't have to worry about those as I have quite a few in my face aswell as a half sleeve haha.. FINGERS CROSSED :D

Brunch looks YUM!!

Also loving the video - it's a shame that you will get stick from plus size followers / friends - you've got to do what's best for you! And there's no better reason / better goal than doing it to have a baby - eeeeekkk babies!!

Definitely worth watching the "murder programme" lol! I'm not usually into documentaries but it was so gripping. Giving Luther a go now....

I know exactly what you mean about the job, you put all your hopes on it just because it means leaving the current place that you don't like. I'm sure you'll be perfect for it lovely - nobody deserves to work the hours the current place is making you work! Xxx

Thanks so much lovely, happy to have you here! :D The curry was super good and yummy! The Onion Bhaji's are indeed a SW recipe, there are a few different versions but I used : One sweet Potato, One Red and White Onion ( I just used 2 white last night ) 1-2 tablespoon of curry powder and one egg. brown off the onions in some frylight and cook untill brown, meanwhile grate the sweet potato. Mix them in a bowl together and add a bit of salt and the curry powder, add half the beaten egg and bind the mix together, lightly spray a baking tray with frylight ( I always put foil down as they do tend to stick ) and spoon mixture into balls. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 25 mins, turning half way. If you like them crispy just leave them in the oven a little longer keeping an eye :) VIOLA! Once you've made them your first time you can then add more or less of onion or sweet potato and more or less of curry powder to taste :)
Love these xx sint cooked some for a while so might do some next week xx

Oh and just watched your vid - looking fab with that red lippy! One recipe you might like for breakfast if you are having porridge is overnight oats...then you don't need to use any milk (not sure you were to begin with but hey!) You can use frozen berries with this so you always can have speed food on hand that cant really go out of date - guess thats why the peaches were so good :) xxx

Hi Lucie! Only just found your diary lol :)
Just wanted to say well done on your first week! 11lbs is amazing!

I had a watch through your video and I thought I would slightly help a bit. With the special k porridge only the 27g sachet blueberry and cranberry is your b choice. If you're having the 50g pots they can be up to 10 syns each. Thought I would let you know in case you're using the wrong one. (Best be safe than sorry.. I've done that a lot lol. )
In regards to syns due to your weight you should be on 20 syns a day. This will go back down to 15 when you reach 16 stone. It could even be 25 that you should be on but I'll check this for you in a sec. Have a little thing on my computer about it so I'll pm it to you (may not be allowed to publicly post it due to copy right and all)

Have you thought of making over night oats for breakfasts? You can also tweek them into pancakes or little muffins as well. I love oaty blueberry muffins. Half a syn for either 5 or 3 depending on how big you make them, syns include it being used as your healthy b. I'll grab you a pic when I get on my pc :)

Must say your video blog is such a great idea and I honestly wish that I had done it! Need to read through your whole thread as well :)

In regards to eating out you could try to pick sw friendly options, write off the day or what I personally do is reduce syns slightly a day before and after if needed.
Either way you'll probably be fine! so proud of you!

Also I fear you may have increased the sales of those peaches because I'm totally buying some because of you!

Again, well done. :D

Morning chick...Know I said it yesterday but ...Good Luck again for today! Go get 'em! ;)

Just watched the video and I loved it! Can't wait for the next episode! Ooohhhh it's like Monday nights waiting for TWD to come on! ;) I'm super pleased you found Minis your boundless energy and enthusiasm is just what I need to get me motivated again I think :) Catch ya later x

7BLAUDh.jpg

Those are the muffins I was on about.. 35g oats (heb) one egg, and one of the muller light bluberry yoghurt (greek style I think. They're half a syn each) and a tbsp of sweetener.
Mix all the ingredients together, pour in muffin cases in a baking tray, bake for 30 mins on 180. Easy. :)

I'm currently baking some banana raspberry and cranberry ones.. (3 syns for all as I mashed up banana to go in it) and since I used one of the larger muller lights the banana ones are making 7 instead of 5.. I can't wait lol!

Oh and good luck! :D

Last edited:
OMG you guys are all amazing! I've just got home from the interview and I'm just blow away by all the love! :D I will respond to each of you individually ( I think seeing as you all took the time to message me, the least I can do is reply one on one :) ) Just going to have a tidy and then make a cuppa and reply to you all :)

B - Nothing
L - Some Sushi - Not sure on syns but left out the Avacado as I know they are high in syns!
D - Diet coke chicken with loads of veg and making some prawn and egg special fried rice! NOM - lots of speed and free!

As I said, not sure how many syns my lunch was but It was no more than my maximum daily allowence. The interview went well, aside falling over just before...scraped all up my arm and my bum is KILLING me :( granted I had something soft to land on but my bottom isnt too pleased about it. Ah well, at least I didn't bleed all over my suit haha.

Felt super business like and feel like it all went well, fingers crossed they like me and want me for the role as much as I want them!

Right off to tidy as my place is a mess and then I'll be back to reply to you all :) xx

Last edited:
Subbing :)

Oh and just watched your vid - looking fab with that red lippy! One recipe you might like for breakfast if you are having porridge is overnight oats...then you don't need to use any milk (not sure you were to begin with but hey!) You can use frozen berries with this so you always can have speed food on hand that cant really go out of date - guess thats why the peaches were so good :) xxx
Thank you so much! I actually never really wear red lippy as never think it suits me haha had loads of compliments! Apparently it does! :D

I've heard people talk about the overnight oats and it sounds like a good idea, a quick bit of prep and it's all ready for you the next day. Nothing I've really thought about but certainly something to give a go in the future! I've certainly been loving the porridge with the peaches and they last so long so that deffo helps! xxx

Hi Lucie! Only just found your diary lol :)
Just wanted to say well done on your first week! 11lbs is amazing!

I had a watch through your video and I thought I would slightly help a bit. With the special k porridge only the 27g sachet blueberry and cranberry is your b choice. If you're having the 50g pots they can be up to 10 syns each. Thought I would let you know in case you're using the wrong one. (Best be safe than sorry.. I've done that a lot lol. )
In regards to syns due to your weight you should be on 20 syns a day. This will go back down to 15 when you reach 16 stone. It could even be 25 that you should be on but I'll check this for you in a sec. Have a little thing on my computer about it so I'll pm it to you (may not be allowed to publicly post it due to copy right and all)

Have you thought of making over night oats for breakfasts? You can also tweek them into pancakes or little muffins as well. I love oaty blueberry muffins. Half a syn for either 5 or 3 depending on how big you make them, syns include it being used as your healthy b. I'll grab you a pic when I get on my pc :)

Must say your video blog is such a great idea and I honestly wish that I had done it! Need to read through your whole thread as well :)

In regards to eating out you could try to pick sw friendly options, write off the day or what I personally do is reduce syns slightly a day before and after if needed.
Either way you'll probably be fine! so proud of you!

Also I fear you may have increased the sales of those peaches because I'm totally buying some because of you!

Again, well done. :D

FIRSTLY omg thank you for such a lovely detailed comment! :D Well excited haha!

Thank you so much for noticing my detail about the special k porridge! I thought was having the "
Kelloggs Special K Super Porridge Raspberry & Pomegranate 5 x 30g" which I thought was a HEXB? Gutted it's not as I've been loving it! Thankfully I've just deleted my second box off my Tesco order so won't be getting them again, I couldnt find the one you mentioned so will need to check out another porridge to be having as a HEXB that I can pick up!

I have indeed heard about the overnight otats though not something that's really interested me before as a non porridge lover, it was only this porridge with the peaches that tasted amazing that got me into it so certainly something I may look into! Thanks :D

haha don't worry about reading through the thread, thankfully mine is only 6 pages atm and not 64345345345 like yours :p haha

Great tips for eating out hun :) as much as i begrudge paying over a fiver for a salad I still do feel in control and turns out we aren't out at the weekend so I can still eat on plan 100% and hope for another great big loss :D You are also right I am allowed 25 syns :) when I was going to group in 2014 I was 24stone and allowed 25 syns and usually had them all, I wasn't sure being a little lower this time so was doing it to 20 syns but it's fab to know I have got another 5 to use but not sure when to go to 20 and then obviously I now know I go to 15 syns when I hit 16 stone.. hmmm WHEN I get to 16 stone.. that has a good ring to it :D

hahaha I tell you what those peaches are worth those 2.5 syns for me! I think having a little bit of juice in with the porridge makes it so sweet, obviously if I was cutting down on carbs I'd put a free fruit in but for the mean time, I'm happy as larry using them!

Thank you again for such a lovely meaty comment :D I'm back at work tomorrow so will be able to catch up with everyones threads. I hope you're doing well and can't wait for a catch up tomorrow :) xxxxxxxxxx

Back